Today is purge day.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007

Good luck. Did mine last October (great success . . . all that hot sauce paid off with nothing found). The absolute worst part was drinking the jug of yellow evil.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Tomorrow is colonoscopy day, so for at least one day I literally won't be "full of it." Can't make any guarantees about the rest of the year.
Good luck. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Felt bloated with the liquid diet, but surprisingly not hungry. The cleanse was pretty easy.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I'm considered high risk so I have had about 4 already. Bit of advice. As soon as you even suspect you have to go don't delay. Head to the crapper immediately because this will be you in about 15 seconds. Also, spring for the really soft fluffy toilet paper. This is not a night for the great value brand.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
I'm high-risk too and will have my 4th in December. Once the juice starts working I just set up office in the bathroom and don't leave until I've finished it

Good luck and hope everything turns out well for you.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
For those of you that haven't had the chance to experience it, let me tell you from my experience. DO NOT schedule the first in the morning appts. Get that later in the morning or afternoon appt. In Starksville especially you have to drive to Columbus to have the procedure done and the latest type juice they give you for the purge is one 16 oz bottle the night before and one the next morning at like 5:00 a.m. You don't want to drink one of those at 5:00 a.m. and have a 7:30 check in, trust me. Once you pass the Highlands Shell Station the only place to stop if you get the urge is the airport, otherwise you have to sweat bullets and ride out the storm. Get up early and take the purge and have a few hours to evacuate the tank before you have to travel. You are welcome..............

Last edited:

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Had my first in December. Have to come back in 3 years. Not happy about that, but I guess better safe than sorry.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
For those of you that haven't had the chance to experience it, let me tell you from my experience. DO NOT schedule the first in the morning appts. Get that later in the morning or afternoon appt. In Starksville especially you have to drive to Columbus to have the procedure done and the latest type juice they give you for the purge is one 16 oz bottle the night before and one the next morning at like 5:00 a.m. You don't want to drink one of those at 5:00 a.m. and have a 7:30 check in, trust me. Once you pass the Highlands Shell Station the only place to stop if you get the urge is the airport, otherwise you have to sweat bullets and ride out the storm. Get up early and take the purge and have a few hours to evacuate the tank before you have to travel. You are welcome..............
SPS has hipped me to so much, +1

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I did a 2 bottle thing. I think they were about 8 ounces each. Thought I was tough after the first one thinking it was nothing. By the time 2 hit bottom it was 100% misery after that.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
This.
Shitttting in a box is somewhat of a scam in my opinion, but most PC physicians are going to it. Lots of false negatives, and positives, which is scary.

Ha ha, I gave them my sample, and delivered it to UPS, last October. About 4 days later I got the results.
Problem was, because I tested positive, it was going to affect my insurance rates, unless I got a good report from an actual Colonoscopy,
So, I had no choice but to get "her" done. Had two very small polyps, that were removed, and was told to come back, in FIVE years.
I did that in Columbus. But now, I have a very detailed pics of what the inside of my colon looks like.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I’ve had a colonoscopy too a couple of times. First one I was totally knocked out but 2nd one was partially awake. I could see the scope in progress on the display screen but the happy juice kept me from having any anxiety. I’ve got a bladder scope Thursday. I’ve had a few of those too. I dreaded the first one as I couldn’t imagine sticking a tube up my pecker but they lube it up(the tube not my pecker ha)and I could barely feel it. So it’s not bad other than the anxiety of whether the doc will see any cancer spots. So will be monitoring this from now on the rest of my life. Fun times.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I have been getting him since my 20s because of health concerns in my family. I just had one this year, and I can tell you the preparation is a lot tougher than the procedure. You'll survive. you'll be glad you did it and so will your family.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Had my first in December. Have to come back in 3 years. Not happy about that, but I guess better safe than sorry.
I'm on the three year plan myself due to being a 'polyp farmer'. I'm in early 60s and done 4 already. Not fun but it does beat the alternative. The worst part for me is a headache I inevitably get toward the end of the prep. Non colored liquid tylenol has been my friend the last couple of times. Another pro tip from me is get a padded seat because once things start moving I am usually there for a good long while and one's legs can go numb sitting on a hard toilet seat for that long.

Reactions: NTDawg

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I'm considered high risk so I have had about 4 already. Bit of advice. As soon as you even suspect you have to go don't delay. Head to the crapper immediately because this will be you in about 15 seconds. Also, spring for the really soft fluffy toilet paper. This is not a night for the great value brand.

Also wipes are your friend as well. Don't recommend flushing them if you are on septic even if they are 'flushable' but they are great.

Reactions: patdog

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
My experience is the exact opposite. I have always had an early appt and never had the issue you speak of. I have also been grateful for early appt so that I can get it over with and get something to eat. I do see your point though and you have to do what works best for you.

I do know this. Those endoscopy centers are printing money. Them and lasik centers have it MADE. It takes longer to get a haircut than lasik and they are getting 3-5K or more a throw.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bulldog45

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
With regard to the mental aspect of the whole thing, after it’s over you’ll still be afraid to just pass gas for another week. 🤣

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
I’ve had a colonoscopy too a couple of times. First one I was totally knocked out but 2nd one was partially awake. I could see the scope in progress on the display screen but the happy juice kept me from having any anxiety. I’ve got a bladder scope Thursday. I’ve had a few of those too. I dreaded the first one as I couldn’t imagine sticking a tube up my pecker but they lube it up(the tube not my pecker ha)and I could barely feel it. So it’s not bad other than the anxiety of whether the doc will see any cancer spots. So will be monitoring this from now on the rest of my life. Fun times.
Stop bragging

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login