Today is purge day.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
My experience is the exact opposite. I have always had an early appt and never had the issue you speak of. I have also been grateful for early appt so that I can get it over with and get something to eat. I do see your point though and you have to do what works best for you.

I do know this. Those endoscopy centers are printing money. Them and lasik centers have it MADE. It takes longer to get a haircut than lasik and they are getting 3-5K or more a throw.
In the old days when you only drank the KoolAid the night before I would agree. But, having to drink one the morning of the procedure and then be there at 7:30, its an easy NOPE from me

skipperDawg

Dec 23, 2023
I’ve had a colonoscopy too a couple of times. First one I was totally knocked out but 2nd one was partially awake. I could see the scope in progress on the display screen but the happy juice kept me from having any anxiety. I’ve got a bladder scope Thursday. I’ve had a few of those too. I dreaded the first one as I couldn’t imagine sticking a tube up my pecker but they lube it up(the tube not my pecker ha)and I could barely feel it. So it’s not bad other than the anxiety of whether the doc will see any cancer spots. So will be monitoring this from now on the rest of my life. Fun times.
That pecker picture thing must have come a very long way….hod it done in 1995 and holy 17 sh*t did it hurt.

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
For those of you that haven't had the chance to experience it, let me tell you from my experience. DO NOT schedule the first in the morning appts. Get that later in the morning or afternoon appt. In Starksville especially you have to drive to Columbus to have the procedure done and the latest type juice they give you for the purge is one 16 oz bottle the night before and one the next morning at like 5:00 a.m. You don't want to drink one of those at 5:00 a.m. and have a 7:30 check in, trust me. Once you pass the Highlands Shell Station the only place to stop if you get the urge is the airport, otherwise you have to sweat bullets and ride out the storm. Get up early and take the purge and have a few hours to evacuate the tank before you have to travel. You are welcome..............
I had the 1st thing schedule. I don't recall taking a 2nd dose at 5:00am though. I think it was more like midnight or 2am. The problem I ran into was they were LATE OPENING THE DANG OFFICE. I kept looking at the door, then the shrub beside the door, the door, then the shrub,.... Began to wonder what that shrub was about to look like painted brown, but then they finally opened the office door.

• Haha
Reactions: Braves Dawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login