Toledo game attendance

Dog88

Oct 8, 2023
Probably be a similar crowd as game one and a somewhat similar score. Toledo isn't very good this year.
Announced crowd of 48,724 for Game 1. I’m guessing announced crowd Saturday will be somewhere between 40,000 and 45,000. I’m seeing more tickets on the secondary market than I did for the opener.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If they bounce back this week you will see a uptick in the Florida Game.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Well, there are a lot of blue tents. To help identify the correct one, will you be wearing one of these?
View attachment 647386
I still have it, never been worn. I put it in a gallon zip lock the day I got it and its been resting in there since. I'm waiting for just the right event to break it out of hibernation, like the day Sly is added to the MSU Sports Hall of Fame** or something like that.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
After reading this weeks threads on the subject I'm wondering who's going to be sitting in the stands to watch these paid rosters? And if nobody is in the stands, is it worth the investments for corporate donors? I think its going to come down to tv revenues keeping everything afloat because the present model will fail if they don't do something
Disney may be about to cut ESPN off at the knees if they keep hemorrhaging money. As I don't see NIL in its current form as sustainable, I also don't see these huge conference payouts as sustainable. I am debating on going this weekend for a couple of reasons.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Announced crowd will be at least 15k more than actual attendance.

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
There’s been endless melt on here this week regarding our defense, NIL, fear of conference relegation, etc. We are at the beginning of a rebuild that may take more time than we’d like. What will make it more challenging for this staff in terms of recruiting and getting our program in a better place is a half empty stadium.

This has been an issue since COVID and for some reason it triggers people on here when you bring up our lack of gameday support. I brought it up during Leach tenure as well. Not sure what the answer is, but it should be good weather Saturday night and you can basically walk in the stadium for free.
I’m trying to give away 4 tickets on the 40 west side and can’t find takers

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Yeah our fanbase is soft
Is it?

State has 10-15k hard core fans (see BC numbers). Then their spouses and kids. You have a hard core fan base of approximately 25-30k. Then the students for another 8k-10k.

With a losing football program and rain likely, another sec game at home next weekend... not bad if we have 40k

the small crowds and lack of commitment from the alumni is because of years of losing.

Last edited:

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
Got scoreboard club season tickets and this is the first year I am telling my wife we really need to find a reason to go. I will be at the SEC games, but after last week it has been a hard sell for me to think about if I really want to go Saturday or not. Load up the family with toddler along for the ride to see us possibly take an L to Toledo. Yikes.
But if you wanna see a victory this may be one of your only 2 opportunities

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
But if you wanna see a victory this may be one of your only 2 opportunities
I think I go on to explain in my posts deeper in the thread that I do not really care about winning and losing. I know that is not a way most people look at it, but again to each his own. I have a different reason for being at the games.

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
I think I go on to explain in my posts deeper in the thread that I do not really care about winning and losing. I know that is not a way most people look at it, but again to each his own. I have a different reason for being at the games.
You did. I posted before reading the entire 2 pages

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Is it?

State has 10-15k hard core fans (see BC numbers). Then their spouses and kids. You have a hard core fan base of approximately 25-30k. Then the students for another 8k-10k.

With a losing football program and rain likely, another sec game at home next weekend... not bad if we have 40k

the small crowds and lack of commitment from the alumni is because of years of losing.
Years of losing? Last year was the first time in 15 seasons we won less than 6 games total and didn’t reach a bowl. OUR FANS ARE SOFT.

When the going gets tough, our fans don’t show. That’s it. We have a new coach (3rd coach in 3 years) who is trying to find his footing. No one has any idea how his tenure will turn out, but most on here just complain and don’t show up to DWS

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Ah, I see you have it all sorted out after Jeff Lebby has coached *checks notes* two football games.

and the previous season kind of left a bad taste is everyone's mouth too. You earn a following and respect, its not handed to you the day you walk in the office door

Reactions: 85Bears

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
and the previous season kind of left a bad taste is everyone's mouth too. You earn a following and respect, its not handed to you the day you walk in the office door
This is a loser mentality as fanbase. You show up and support, if after a period of time (it can be a season) it’s not working then it’s reasonable to stop supporting the program. No other fanbase Arkansas, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Auburn, Kentucky has half-empty stadiums to start the beginning of a new coach’s tenure. Just us. Why is that?

There’s comments on here saying “well we’ve had a bunch of losing lately.” What? We just ended arguably the most successful 15 year stretch in Mississippi State football history. Our fanbase is SOFT.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Yep. Burned a lot of good will with the shenanigans pulled last year. And the same folks who pissed and moaned while Leach was going 9-4 cheered on last years disastrous decisions. Well the bill is due now.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Yep. Burned a lot of good will with the shenanigans pulled last year. And the same folks who pissed and moaned while Leach was going 9-4 cheered on last years disastrous decisions. Well the bill is due now.
Curious, what years did you attend MSU?

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: Perd Hapley

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Curious, superfan, while you are chiding everyone else for being a bad fan , how supportive of you when Leach was coaching and going 9-4 ? Oh that’s different***

maybe the disastrous decisions made in the wake of Leachs passing, which you cheered on have dug quite a hole for the program.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
This is a loser mentality as fanbase. You show up and support, if after a period of time (it can be a season) it’s not working then it’s reasonable to stop supporting the program. No other fanbase Arkansas, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Auburn, Kentucky has half-empty stadiums to start the beginning of a new coach’s tenure. Just us. Why is that?

There’s comments on here saying “well we’ve had a bunch of losing lately.” What? We just ended arguably the most successful 15 year stretch in Mississippi State football history. Our fanbase is SOFT.
This isn't just about football this season.

This is about the 2 craptastic baseball seasons where we finished last and next to last after '21 and the half arse one last year where we didn't host. It's about keeping Foxhall too long. Its about the Cohen years, where Cohen crept around in the shadows avoiding contact with fans. It's about 7 seasons of Ben Howland and his .468 Conference winning percentage. It's about Selmon not giving anyone the warm and fuzzy's either. It's about the Nikki McCray Pinson experience letting the players run the team. It's about the Arnett experience w/ nobody running the team. It's about the underwhelming football staff hires this past offseason. It's about how much it sucks trying to get on campus and park. Its about how much it sucks to get off campus after a game. Have any of those not half empty stadiums you rattled off had the same experiences like I just named? And by the way, half empty as you put it at Davis Wade is just over 30,000 and we had 48,000 for E KY.

It's about the whole athletic experience at MSU being run like a circus instead of a business since arguably before Stricklin left and certainly since. Soft fans, no, more like fed up fans...........

Reactions: patdog

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Curious, superfan, while you are chiding everyone else for being a bad fan , how supportive of you when Leach was coaching and going 9-4 ? Oh that’s different***

maybe the disastrous decisions made in the wake of Leachs passing, which you cheered on have dug quite a hole for the program.
Ah, so you’re a troll.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login