Tolu Injured

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
I have little doubt he is the coach we think he is and provided Tolu doesn't come back too late to get back into game shape, I actually do think we'll be a

All that said, being a state fan, I read "is expected to return during SEC action" as "is expected to be ready sometime in late February, maybe early March". If and when that reading is confirmed, I will be panicked then. Or really just pissed. Too typical for State fans lately to be panicked about it.
I read it as he will be ready before SEC play, but why risk it. At least I hope that's how I should read it.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Obviously not saying I'd choose this by any means, as I don't know if we have the margin to make the tournament with an extended absence from Tolu, and even if we do, this is pretty much guaranteed to hurt our seeding compared to what it could be.
Yeah, this feels like an injury that could cost the team at least a seed line. Lunardi has us as an 8 on the "too early to matter" version of a bracket. If that's the case then one seed line is irrelevant. Might even rather be a 10 than an 8 or a 9. But if you thought we might be a 6 come next March, there's a pretty big difference between 6 and 7 or 6 and 8.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I read it as he will be ready before SEC play, but why risk it. At least I hope that's how I should read it.
That wouldn't be an unreasonable interpretation, but I feel like surely these announcements are vetted, and there are pretty clear ways to communicate that. "Return before SEC action" and "Return by the start of SEC action" are both clear timelines. "Expected to return around the start of SEC play" is pretty clear and leaves open the option that it won't be the first game. "Will be back early in SEC play" is reasonably clear although "early" could be 2 games in or arguably as late as the end of the first third of the SEC season.

"Expected to return during SEC play" could mean he's expected for game one. Or it could mean he's expected sometime around the middle of the SEC schedule. Or it could mean they don't really have confidence in a timeline yet, but they feel like he'll make it sometime during the season, maybe early in the SEC schedule, maybe late in the SEC schedule.

Maybe it's expecting too much competence from our athletic department, but surely if they wanted to communicate that he would be back at the beginning of SEC play, they could figure out how to do that and wouldn't instead use a phrase that could mean he will be back the last week of SEC regular season play? Just doesn't seem like there is anything to gain from using that phrasing if they actually think he'll be back early in SEC play.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I'm hearing Tolu kicked a chair once he saw the inside of the Hump renovation and became disgusted.

What's your guess?
He was screwing around running some crossing routes with Will and the throw took out his ankles

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
So we are kind of like what happened after Jeremiah Johnson rode through the Indian burial ground.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
south park crying GIF by CraveTV

homer simpson GIF

Reactions: onewoof

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
I'm hearing Tolu kicked a chair once he saw the inside of the Hump renovation and became disgusted.

What's your guess?
Being a BMOC is hard but kicking paparazzi arse is fun. Tolu must have put to much english on his swing.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I warned you. I warned all of you. Everyone posting about how awesome our basketball season was gonna be just doesn't understand MSU Sports. The dead injuns are real.

Although, IIRC, Dontae' Jones was not cleared to play until the SEC games in 1996. So maybe there is still hope.

Reactions: Darryl Steight
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login