Tomorrow is a critical day for Lemonis…..

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We have been able to save our bullpen due to N. Stevens yesterday, and the beat down today. We have Cjtjejtje going tomorrow with the rest of our pen. If we aren’t competitive or even win tomorrow, the fans still won’t be behind him. Winning 1 of 3 at home with two beat down losses is not a step forward.

It’s also apparent that the Dohm injury is real and that K. Stephens throws batting practice more than half the time.

Can he get it done? And as I post this, we may be making a comeback. So who knows.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
I think that we will see Holcombe today after Ligon unless we get back in the game which should leave Davis, Dotson, & Auger for tomorrow after Jurrangelo.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
We’ve missed on some opportunities here in the middle innings to cut into their lead even more.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
We have been able to save our bullpen due to N. Stevens yesterday, and the beat down today. We have Cjtjejtje going tomorrow with the rest of our pen. If we aren’t competitive or even win tomorrow, the fans still won’t be behind him. Winning 1 of 3 at home with two beat down losses is not a step forward.

It’s also apparent that the Dohm injury is real and that K. Stephens throws batting practice more than half the time.

Can he get it done? And as I post this, we may be making a comeback. So who knows.
Not exactly a beatdown now is it?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Tomorrow means nothing. We won one and we were competitive in the second against the #2 team in the nation or the best team money can buy.
It was a good game. I've been impressed with the improvement this weekend however we also took the series on them last year but still missed the tourney.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Tsunhater

Nov 2, 2012
Yeah it actually was. People with real knowledge don’t get fooled.

Win tomorrow
OG baseball is a 9 inning game. You act like you know baseball but dont understand that simple stat. teams dont purposely lay down. There are swings in games. They were hot in first 3 and we were better team rest of the way. if we had a 3rd base coach that was just half competent we might have won the game. This team is drastically improved. If you can't see that you are showing you dont know **** about baseball.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
We will make a regional. Might host.
season 3 cocaine GIF by Power

Reactions: 85Bears

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

They really told us he wasn't injured?

Bruce Lee Smirk GIF

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
Yeah it actually was. People with real knowledge don’t get fooled.

Win tomorrow
Real knowledge? Wait … What? 17 I need to run more sht by you. I had no idea. All this time I thought you were just some jackass with no life on a message board . Seriously, NO idea.

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007

Not really. We got beat down, but we fought back after they mailed it in. We will see.
Not really. We got beat down, but we fought back after they mailed it in. We will see.

I'm convinced that you are not a real person. No real person could be this stupid all the time. Must be some AI that DS uses to generate action, but in your case is should be called AS for artificial stupidity.

Reactions: She Mate Me

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
A lot of you in your feels. Bottom line, we have to win today.
Have to win. Not true. Going 1-2 in the opening weekend isn’t a huge deal.

should win, with cjenti on the mound, if he’s what we thought he was going to be.

We aren’t as good as people are making us out to be at the moment, lsu isn’t either right now.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
We're showing cojones that I haven't seen in 2 years or even earlier this season. LSU didn't mail it in, Goat.

I agree that today needs to be a win, though. Moral victories don't help. Like someone else mentioned we could've won today if a few bounces went our way or one fewer mistake. That's baseball!

Catch clearly dropped the ball based on body language, but there's nothing to see that would change it. I'm on the fence on whether he should've tried for home or not. It was a hell of a play by them.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
We're showing cojones that I haven't seen in 2 years or even earlier this season. LSU didn't mail it in, Goat.

I agree that today needs to be a win, though. Moral victories don't help. Like someone else mentioned we could've won today if a few bounces went our way or one fewer mistake. That's baseball!

Catch clearly dropped the ball based on body language, but there's nothing to see that would change it. I'm on the fence on whether he should've tried for home or not. It was a hell of a play by them.

I watched those replays pretty close. I don't think he dropped the ball. His glove hand ended up in an awkward spot under Larry and as he was trying to extract it it kinda made it look like he was reaching for or covering the ball.

At least that's what I saw.

The LSU 2B made a hell of an effort to get to that ball and throw him out

Reactions: MSUDOG24

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

We beat lsu 2 of 3 last year.

Sec is a 3o game grind. We are patting our backs over losing a game 9-8, after being down 9-1…. Instead of realizing some obvious flaws we have, or asking why we were down 9-1 to begin with

regardless again lsu isn’t the 2 rated team in the country. They will be better later in the year .

Reactions: beachbumdawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
We beat lsu 2 of 3 last year.

Sec is a 3o game grind. We are patting our backs over losing a game 9-8, after being down 9-1…. Instead of realizing some obvious flaws we have, or asking why we were down 9-1 to begin with

regardless again lsu isn’t the 2 rated team in the country. They will be better later in the year .

I agree it's much to early to jump to many conclusions.

But we are clearly a better fielding team and we seem to have an improved pitching staff. We also showed some toughness battling back yesterday that was mostly non-existent last year

I'm happier than I was midweek and glad to be wrong about how the weekend would go.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I agree it's much to early to jump to many conclusions.

But we are clearly a better fielding team and we seem to have an improved pitching staff. We also showed some toughness battling back yesterday that was mostly non-existent last year

I'm happier than I was midweek and glad to be wrong about how the weekend would go.
We were tough last year too until we had our awful sec start. Our season from last to this has started basically the exact same.

neither sec starter has gotten out of the 4th. We have given up 12 runs so far this weekend and weve walked 17 in 18 innings. Not sure how anyone thinks our Pitching staff isn’t a concern. It’s far from a positive.

weve played lsu well over the years, playing them well isn’t a shocker. We haven’t shown the ability to show up week in and week out yet….and won’t know that for a couple more weeks. However again we aren’t playing the 2023 lsu national champs, they are very much a shell of themselves.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
We were tough last year too until we had our awful sec start. Our season from last to this has started basically the exact same.

neither sec starter has gotten out of the 4th. We have given up 12 runs so far this weekend and weve walked 17 in 18 innings. Not sure how anyone thinks our Pitching staff isn’t a concern. It’s far from a positive.

weve played lsu well over the years, playing them well isn’t a shocker. We haven’t shown the ability to show up week in and week out yet….and won’t know that for a couple more weeks. However again we aren’t playing the 2023 lsu national champs, they are very much a shell of themselves.

GD you love to argue.

Through the first 18 non con games last year we gave up 103 runs.

Through the first 18 non con this year we've allowed 68 runs. We've allowed 4 runs or less in 14 of those 18 games.

It's not beautiful, but it is improved. The SEC is still going to be hell, and I'm doubtful that it's getting turned around this year. But through 2 games I'm a lot happier than I was after two at Kentucky last year. One at a time.

The offense had me more worried early. We have been very dependent on DJ. But they seem to be waking up this weekend.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
GD you love to argue.

Through the first 18 non con games last year we gave up 103 runs.

Through the first 18 non con this year we've allowed 68 runs. We've allowed 4 runs or less in 14 of those 18 games.

It's not beautiful, but it is improved. The SEC is still going to be hell, and I'm doubtful that it's getting turned around this year. But through 2 games I'm a lot happier than I was after two at Kentucky last year. One at a time.

The offense had me more worried early. We have been very dependent on DJ. But they seem to be waking up this weekend.
We played a real non conference schedule last year as opposed to this, I’ve said time and again we wont know anything until conference bc the schedule is so weak….. first two conf games are pitching looks more of the same…..but ill,leave it be.

I’ll say again our pitching is very much a concern. We wont survive unless we find some starters that can give us quality innings. Which is why todsy with cjenti is such a big watch.

Reactions: patdog

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
A lot of you in your feels. Bottom line, we have to win today.
No we don't, this is the first SEC series against the highest ranked opponent on the schedule outside AR. Baseball is a long process/season. Nothing gets determined today, but momentum can be gained and really, the only thing you lose is the series if you lose (assuming we compete again).

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
We played a real non conference schedule last year as opposed to this, I’ve said time and again we wont know anything until conference bc the schedule is so weak….. first two conf games are pitching looks more of the same…..but ill,leave it be.

I’ll say again our pitching is very much a concern. We wont survive unless we find some starters that can give us quality innings. Which is why todsy with cjenti is such a big watch.

I agree that a quality start today is a big deal.

Reactions: HuntDawg

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Dude? Our starting pitcher **** the bed, we were down 8 runs after 2 1 1/2 innings and fought back, held them to zero runs the rest of the way with pitching and great defense! If Larry holds at 3rd, we prolly win! You are a moron with an agenda or you need to sober up!!!
Hey, don't talk that way to one of the top 5 donors the athletic department has.**

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login