Tony Rojas commits to Penn State

NB4PSU

Oct 30, 2021
Well that's another feather in the cap.. but can someone provide what the plan is for TR in the B1G? The scouting report says he needs to get bigger and stronger and no doubt that will happen at PSU pretty quick (he might be 210 by the time arrives next year, so getting him to 225 by end of year 1 seems pretty fair). Is there a short term plan to use him as a DB (with time on ST's to take advantage of his athleticism) or is he clearly targeted as a LB?

EDIT: I've read his 40 speed is 4.68.... and I've read it is 4.47. That's a huge gap, so I'm presuming the latter is accurate.

Might be nobody really knows and that's cool... but I'm asking just the same, so TIA.

Last edited:

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
195 pounds.....he's got some filling out to do. Line up some Chicken Cosmos for this young man

I thought so too, and he'll no doubt get bigger. That said, I was surprised to see that only four of the top ten LBs (nationally, according to On3) were 220 lbs or heavier (Robinson is one of them). Most are between 200-215 (Rojas is the lightest in the top ten at 195).

Tom_PSU

Oct 29, 2021
For CJF, his issues are X’s and O’s, not Jimmie’s and Joe’s….

Respectfully,

Midnighter
Chair, BWICAC
That’s an excellent evaluation. Often when I’m mystified bye in game decisions, unfairly my thoughts trend towards “ Recruits like Tarzan coaches like Jane”. But honestly much of my criticism in this area is an emotional reaction to an in game failure, but not all of it is not unfounded. I believe that the two most ridiculous positions we as average fans make are knee jerk criticism of Franklins game time decisions, and conversely a slavish defense of his every move. We all make mistakes. The frustrating part is when a small minority of them are repeatedly made.

Reactions: Midnighter

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
Sounds like a good get. Welcome to the kid!
That said, is he a just great athlete or can he actually tackle? Years of watching the misguided missile that was Brandon Smith has scared me off of measurables. I’m hoping Diaz actually coaches tackling as opposed to whatever Pry taught (get as close to the ball carrier as you can, then throw an angry shoulder at him!).

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Sounds like a good get. Welcome to the kid!
That said, is he a just great athlete or can he actually tackle? Years of watching the misguided missile that was Brandon Smith has scared me off of measurables. I’m hoping Diaz actually coaches tackling as opposed to whatever Pry taught (get as close to the ball carrier as you can, then throw an angry shoulder at him!).

Diaz laughs at arm tackling.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
imagine how well recruiting would go without our turrible staff

we'd probably win the Super Bowl

If only recruiting rankings translated into success for our staff where it matters.....sigh.

season 7 sigh GIF

Reactions: ODShowtime
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login