Mar 3, 2005
Last edited:

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Just got out… here’s my review:

I’m going again Monday night.

turfdawg

Aug 24, 2006
Just went to the premiere on Tuesday night in Panama City at the IMAX. Great movie!

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Lol what? It’s badass movie about jets that’s a sequel to a badass movie about jets.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Not many 61 year old Captains, either.

I wasn't trying to make light of the movie. I was really curious. I am sure it is a good movie that will fire up you. I went to Desert Storm with a 57 year Chief Warrant Officer. He was what the Marine Corp called a Gunner. You are correct officers are not that old. I have a good friend who just retired as a Brigadier General. He is 54. He did 30 years. He was still in high school in 1984. It is a a movie and Hollywood military is not like the real military. Movies are for entertainment.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
In another thread you said you were going to watch "old WWII" movies which I love very much also. Curious which ones you consider the better movies.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015

was21

May 29, 2007
I love WWII movies as well. One that comes to mind was Battle Cry, based on a Leon Uris novel of the same name. But there are, of course, many more that I have watched over again. Funny thing, I still iell watch The Green Berets every time it comes on, although it has been panned for its pro Vietnam war stance and political propaganda since John Wayne felt that way about it. It's simply entertaining I guess. Also, it was filmed at Fort Benning GA and went through basic training there and later worked there as well...kind of nostalgic.

Last edited:

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
I saw where Iceman is a admiral now. Does he play a big part in the movie? Val Kilmer has been bad sick for a while and I was wondering how big of a role they were gonna give him in this one.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
In another thread you said you were going to watch "old WWII" movies which I love very much also. Curious which ones you consider the better movies.

Kelly's Hero's, Battle of the Bulge, Force 10 from Navarone, Tora, Tora, Tora and the original Midway. I really like the new Midway movie.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I love WWII movies as well. One that comes to mind was Battle Cry, based on a Leon Uris novel of the same name. But there are, of course, many more that I have watched over again. Funny thing, I still iell watch The Green Berets every time it comes on, although it has been panned for its pro Vietnam war stance and political propaganda since John Wayne felt that way about it. It's simply entertaining I guess. Also, it was filmed at Fort Benning GA and went through basic training there and later worked there as well...kind of nostalgic.

I spent a week at Fort Benning teaching Ranger Officers how to call for artillery and naval gun fire. Obviously not actual fire. Just the process. It was all class room and slides. I was not by myself. There were several others. Had a good time. I was a NCO but those young officers showed me a lot of respect. They were Rangers.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Kelly's Hero's, Battle of the Bulge, Force 10 from Navarone, Tora, Tora, Tora and the original Midway. I really like the new Midway movie.

That makes two of us. I always watch those movies this weekend. I'll add The Longest Day and The Flying Tigers.

I liked the new Midway movie myself.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
That makes two of us. I always watch those movies this weekend. I'll add The Longest Day and The Flying Tigers.

I liked the new Midway movie myself.

The German officer with his boots on the wrong feet always cracks me up. I enjoyed that movie as well. I wish it was in color. A remake of that movie would be great. A none WWII movie I enjoy is the John Wayne Alamo. I have also watched Gods and Generals and Gettysburg 30 times. The movie Waterloo is really good. I think it is cool they got 15k men from the Soviet Army to play all the armies.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The German officer with his boots on the wrong feet always cracks me up. I enjoyed that movie as well. I wish it was in color. A remake of that movie would be great. A none WWII movie I enjoy is the John Wayne Alamo. I have also watched Gods and Generals and Gettysburg 30 times. The movie Waterloo is really good. I think it is cool they got 15k men from the Soviet Army to play all the armies.

Watch Gettysburg every 4th of July

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Was so glad to see them successfully destroy the death star, excellent x wing pilots in that group

was21

May 29, 2007
Any young officer who fails to respect a worthy NCO is a damn fool. They either learn soon or their military careers are ruined before they start.

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
In honor of my dad navy pilot WWII pacific area and MSU class of 1949. Also my high school friend that graduated MSU 1980 that also graduated Navy Pilot school Top Gun. I generally truly enjoy military war movies.

Jun 9, 2015
I saw where Iceman is a admiral now. Does he play a big part in the movie? Val Kilmer has been bad sick for a while and I was wondering how big of a role they were gonna give him in this one.

Without giving too much away, he has a fairly predominant role in the story, but he doesn’t have much screen time.

Jan 31, 2012
"These damned gentlemen. These officers. They ain't fit to pour piss out a boot with instructions written on the heel." Love Gettysburg so much.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Left the theater a few hours ago. I would've waited to stream it, but the original is my wife's favorite movie. She even has a replica of his flight jacket.

I'm glad I saw it in the GTX theater. Much better than I expected.

Aug 15, 2011
The main question is when do we get a video game based on the movie where it’s

dang near impossible to land on the carrier?

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
The German officer with his boots on the wrong feet always cracks me up. I enjoyed that movie as well. I wish it was in color. A remake of that movie would be great.

I agree but can you imagine what it would cost if you tried to match the star power in the original? Hopefully a lot of pricing egos would be set aside for the greater good to remake such an epic movie.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login