Top Gun: Maverick

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I saw where Iceman is a admiral now. Does he play a big part in the movie? Val Kilmer has been bad sick for a while and I was wondering how big of a role they were gonna give him in this one.

What a dirtbag, hair out of regs in 1984 and still out of regs in 2022.

GTAdawg

Sep 11, 2010
The movie was great. Anyone who says otherwise, I have no clue what it would take to entertain you.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The movie was great. Anyone who says otherwise, I have no clue what it would take to entertain you.

Bar scene was awkward. And the way to destroy the target was carbon copy of star wars destroying the death star. Other than that the final 15 minutes was great.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Someone should have died, probably Maverick, but they couldn't let that happen. Great movie otherwise.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
There's a crazy fan theory that he did die early in the movie and the rest of the movie is purgatory. It culminates with Hangman saying "this is your savior speaking".

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
Movie is great, lots of tributes to the first one. Recommend watching the first one again before you go see this one. You'll catch so much more that way.

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
"at all" seems like a stretch... I mean, even if you thought it was cheesy, you didn't like the aerial dogfight scenes? Tough crowd lol

I thought it was really good, but I took my 9 yo son with me, prepped and ready after the original, and he loved it. Still talking about how cool it was. So that may be influencing me.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
"at all" seems like a stretch... I mean, even if you thought it was cheesy, you didn't like the aerial dogfight scenes? Tough crowd lol

I thought it was really good, but I took my 9 yo son with me, prepped and ready after the original, and he loved it. Still talking about how cool it was. So that may be influencing me.

I haven't watched it yet, haven't even had a chance to enjoy it at all.

campshelbydog842003

Sep 25, 2013
Not many 61 year old Captains, either.

Ha. Yea. I haven’t seen the movie yet and from all accounts it is great. However (and I hate to be “that guy”), once you get passed over as a Captain for promotion a couple of times you are forced out. I was wondering how they made that work in the storyline, but I’m sure they just didn’t go into that much detail.

FISHDAWG

Dec 27, 2009
Kelly's Hero's, Battle of the Bulge, Force 10 from Navarone, Tora, Tora, Tora and the original Midway. I really like the new Midway movie.

how could you leave out - Where Eagles Dare ? Eastwood and Burton together

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Ha. Yea. I haven’t seen the movie yet and from all accounts it is great. However (and I hate to be “that guy”), once you get passed over as a Captain for promotion a couple of times you are forced out. I was wondering how they made that work in the storyline, but I’m sure they just didn’t go into that much detail.

Captain in the NAVY is equivalent to a Full bird Colonel in the other branches. A Lieutenant the NAVY is equivalent to a Captain in the other branches.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login