Total screw job

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We gave the game away with our defensive coverage, but every single close call has gone to South Carolina tonight. I don't know how Will has had time to throw the ball with as little protection as he is getting. If they aren't trying to rush him they're standing there waiting for him to throw so they could knock it down because the blocker is not engaging them. You could see it plain as day on the replay of the last knock down pass the defense of lineman just stood there and waited for him to try to throw it, while the offensive player was not even pushing. But of course, whole reason we lost tonight is because of noodle arms

Reactions: patdog and RiceDawg
Aug 22, 2012
I’m as maroon glasses as anyone.

Will was stripped of the ball before arm going forward
Since you are always making a smartass of yourself on here, the ball spiraled forward for 8 yards. Don’t think a fumble could spiral that far. Stevie wonder could have seen that but apparently you just have to have something to argue about. Have fun being a dubmass

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Guys, it wasn't just that play. They put us behind the eight ball all night long. Every call that they could make against us they did except one just because they didn't see it.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
That was a fumble. Sorry to break it to you. The interception was complete ******** though. Ive seen receivers take 3 steps in bounds after being out and still getting called for illegal touching.

Reactions: onewoof

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
Since you are always making a smartass of yourself on here, the ball spiraled forward for 8 yards. Don’t think a fumble could spiral that far. Stevie wonder could have seen that but apparently you just have to have something to argue about. Have fun being a dubmass
How do I make a smartass of myself? Examples please.

The cock defender hit Will’s arm before it went forward.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
So, that knife doesn’t cut both ways for DB’s also? Asking for many friends.
It does not. The defense is not expected to cover a receiver who runs out of bounds on his own. A receiver who does that is ineligible to receive a pass, and cannot be the first person to touch it.

Defenders have to be in bounds at the snap, but they can run out of bounds during the play. If they touch a fumbled ball or catch a pass while they are out of bounds, then the ball is out of bounds at that spot. If they establish themselves back in bounds, then they are in bounds and eligible to touch the ball.

What I could not find in the NCAA rule book was what it takes for a defender to establish themselves in bounds. It seems like it should be more than just picking up your out of bounds foot while the in bounds foot is still in contact with the ground, but maybe not? I believe in the NFL it takes both feet in bunds.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
It does not. The defense is not expected to cover a receiver who runs out of bounds on his own. A receiver who does that is ineligible to receive a pass, and cannot be the first person to touch it.

Defenders have to be in bounds at the snap, but they can run out of bounds during the play. If they touch a fumbled ball or catch a pass while they are out of bounds, then the ball is out of bounds at that spot. If they establish themselves back in bounds, then they are in bounds and eligible to touch the ball.

What I could not find in the NCAA rule book was what it takes for a defender to establish themselves in bounds. It seems like it should be more than just picking up your out of bounds foot while the in bounds foot is still in contact with the ground, but maybe not? I believe in the NFL it takes both feet in bunds.
I basically reached the exact same dead end last night. There was no chance that I was buying that he’d reestablished himself, but I couldn’t find anything in writing that could confirm it either way.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if the replay circus tent came to the same conclusion. Welp, can’t find anything in the rulebook so I guess we have to let it stand

Reactions: Darryl Steight

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
it was a fumble. Doesn’t matter if the defender touched the BALL or not. The ball was dislodged from Will’s hand and he pushed the ball forward with his arm motion.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack
Aug 22, 2012
How do I make a smartass of myself? Examples please.

The cock defender hit Will’s arm before it went forward.
Was replying to Curby. Had been in the sauce a little too much and did what I said curby did. How ironic. Bourbon fog has lifted. My apologies to you both. I still think it was a pass though. Gotta give benefit of doubt for throwing a 10 yard spiral with your forearm.

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I think all it takes in college, from what I read, is to be inbounds while not being out of bounds. So one foot down inbounds while he's no longer touching out of bounds means the defender is back in.

Reactions: Dawgzilla2

GoDawgz52

Aug 21, 2023
Until the Ref's are put before the media after every game for accountability or one gets fired for their incompetency, nothing will ever change.
These people are part time, free lance employees who have zero accountability for their lack to perform consistency.
They are going to get paid and have another assignment the next week regardless of their performances.

Reactions: eckie1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login