Transfer portal closes today

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Any word on whether Tulu might be coming back or not? Also, are we trying to bring in a transfer quarterback? Pickings are pretty slim but I think we need a guy to at least come in and be able to back up Will.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
He had a tweet today saying he was making an announcement at noon. I know two days ago he quote retweeted a tweet listing his career stats at MSU and his comment was a garbage can.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
They probably want someone half way decent but I would at least get a JC guy to come in at qb to fill a spot on the bench.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Those in the portal don't have to announce today. No one else can enter after today, however with most schools starting back this week, I'd imagine we see alot of announcements this week.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Looks like Walker Howard is headed to Ole Miss so he's no longer an option.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
With Zavion coming back, it takes away some of the sting from Tulu leaving in the return game. Hopefully Justin Robinson will step up into the number one WR role.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
It stings because Tulu was helping to keep guys in the boat during early signing period. I know the OC hire might have changed things, but it seems Arnett and new OC met with him to go over the new offense, so it seems odd he would be upset over his situation. Its not like we our moving to a wishbone offense. Also, with RaRa moving on, Tulu would be featured more in the passing game. I'm sure it will still be a lot of 3 WR sets in the new offense.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
He had a tweet today saying he was making an announcement at noon. I know two days ago he quote retweeted a tweet listing his career stats at MSU and his comment was a garbage can.
I Miss You Hello GIF by Susanne Lamb
GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Episode 2 Attention GIF by THE NEXT STEP

Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Any word on whether Tulu might be coming back or not? Also, are we trying to bring in a transfer quarterback? Pickings are pretty slim but I think we need a guy to at least come in and be able to back up Will.
My guess is that he stays.

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
Jesus Christ, is this were we are now? Celebrating a kid that potentially doesn’t want to be here for recommitting…if NIL hasn’t officially ruined college sports it has now

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I saw that one DL from Harvard was looking at Miami and FSU and I was like "why? you're at Harvard!", but I'm assuming he's a grad student, otherwise why put yourself through 3 years at Harvard just to get a Bachelor's from Flahrda State?

Then I also found out that Harvard only gives scholarships based on financial need, so there's a chance he's been paying for all or some of his schooling for the past 3 years.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Jesus Christ, is this were we are now? Celebrating a kid that potentially doesn’t want to be here for recommitting…if NIL hasn’t officially ruined college sports it has now
I don't think it's that bad. I mean... he explored his options (as I'm sure we all have in professional and personal lives) and decided to stay where he was and his teammates celebrated that. What's the big deal?

Jack_Straw_Dawg

Nov 18, 2022
I wish they would make a rule to sit out at least a year. You don’t lose eligibility but you have to sit. Would be even better if there were a similar rule for coaches but me haves no idea how that would work

wrapit

Nov 30, 2008
I wish they would make a rule to sit out at least a year. You don’t lose eligibility but you have to sit. Would be even better if there were a similar rule for coaches but me haves no idea how that would work
This idea complicates the scholarship issue across the entire team. Is he on scholarship during the 'sit' year or not?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login