Transfer Portal

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Anyone else we are specifically targeting I saw something about the Arkansas kicker. Do we have another OT or edge rusher in mind. Looks like Doyle from TAMU is rated decently but don’t have a clue if he is any good or not.

Also Haskins from Virginia is a highly rated tackle. Was a tight end. Tall and lean which might be good in this offense. Bret Walker from OU might be a good pick up also familiar with passing style

Anyone else we are trying to get in the boat. Banks was a good get.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I just hope we continue to only sign players out of there who can come in and play. I think we've gotten so many lately because we were transitioning. As the Air Raid becomes ingrained, I doubt we'll take guys just to have another human, with the exception of maybe QB, because that will likely be a revolving door everywhere.

For example, on the OL, we still have Nick Jones and Carson Williams, who will be 4th year players out of JUCO, then we have Dolla Bill and Grant Jackson. Most people only think about Sharp (who was huge to get back), Kam Jones and Cole Smith as returning starters. Dolla Bill started a lot, and Jackson/Jones played in every game. Reed Buys played a good bit.

So now with Percy Lewis, I don't see a need to get another OL unless they are damn near penciled in as the starter, which I doubt will happen.

DB is another story I guess.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I just hope we continue to only sign players out of there who can come in and play. I think we've gotten so many lately because we were transitioning. As the Air Raid becomes ingrained, I doubt we'll take guys just to have another human, with the exception of maybe QB, because that will likely be a revolving door everywhere.

For example, on the OL, we still have Nick Jones and Carson Williams, who will be 4th year players out of JUCO, then we have Dolla Bill and Grant Jackson. Most people only think about Sharp (who was huge to get back), Kam Jones and Cole Smith as returning starters. Dolla Bill started a lot, and Jackson/Jones played in every game. Reed Buys played a good bit.

So now with Percy Lewis, I don't see a need to get another OL unless they are damn near penciled in as the starter, which I doubt will happen.

DB is another story I guess.

That’s a good point but for Wills sake any depth at OT in two deep is good or rotating. Seeing lashley whiff so much an us not have someone to replace him was a concerning. Also dolla bill getting so many penalties and not having some one to rotate so he could get an his *** chewed out was concerning. Need experienced depth there.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
The general vibe is more of our players will be entering the portal after the bowl game, so keep that in mind when you wonder why we are pursuing another WR or when speculating about next year’s OL.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Gonna be a lot of players both in and out of the portal from now on. Get used to it. So far, I think it's been an overall positive for us though.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Gonna be a lot of players both in and out of the portal from now on. Get used to it. So far, I think it's been an overall positive for us though.
It's going to help the true middle class of college football, which are the P5 have-not schools. We will likely get an influx from both directions. They'll come in from the P5 blue bloods to get some playing time, and they'll come from the G5 trying to be seen. Seems like the blue bloods are simply picking from each other at this point, with a select amount of cherry-picking from others. Meanwhile the G5 just seems to either lose their guys to the P5, or take leftovers from the P5.

And people forget that it's a one-time thing. You can't just transfer every year without penalty.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login