Travelers championship interrupted by protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I was/am pretty salty at the Stonehenge stunt, and don't love it when protesters block roadways that often only have consequences for folks already at the bottom rungs (late for work, etc).

With that being said, I can't get my drawers in too big of a wad when a random golf tournament gets interrupted for a few minutes. Honestly, it's mostly funny to me. I'm rather dubious they are moving the ball down the field in terms of advancing their cause. I view it almost like streakers or hecklers; by a large, merely a little bit of old fashioned deviousness. Sure, charge them with trespassing or whatever, and make the punishment reasonable enough to not encourage folks to do it.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I was/am pretty salty at the Stonehenge stunt, and don't love it when protesters block roadways that often only have consequences for folks already at the bottom rungs (late for work, etc).

With that being said, I can't get my drawers in too big of a wad when a random golf tournament gets interrupted for a few minutes. Honestly, it's mostly funny to me. I'm rather dubious they are moving the ball down the field in terms of advancing their cause. I view it almost like streakers or hecklers; by a large, merely a little bit of old fashioned deviousness. Sure, charge them with trespassing or whatever, and make the punishment reasonable enough to not encourage folks to do it.
But again it’s not accomplishing anything other than pissing people off against what you’re standing for. It just makes it worse.

Reactions: mcdawg22

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
1st Amendment right, leave the country if you don't like it.
GIF by Giphy QA

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Nope.

The TPC is private property. Their "right to protest" ended at the public street. They were trespassing.

Also, the law includes the language "peaceably protest", not to tear up someone else's property or purposely dissolve their private event into chaos like the stuff Goat mentioned. Not to mention them just being a$$holes in general.
You would be surprised at the number of lefties that I know, who are otherwise reasonable people, who were totally OK with wrecking of property "by any means necessary" to get Orange Man out of office, etc. I often heard the words "total defiance".

I side with Dems on many peacetime type things, but this disrespect for police/authority deal, and really outright total hatred toward different thought, basically prevents me from ever crossing the aisle.

It's unfortunate too, because all that 2020 shlt is starting to bubble back up now. I thought we were beyond much of that.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
But again it’s not accomplishing anything other than pissing people off against what you’re standing for. It just makes it worse.
Yeah I don't disagree, other than it doesn't piss me off. I just can't get to a place where I care much about the Traveler's Championship being briefly interrupted. Again, defacement of property (especially historically important property) is different for me.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
I'll say this just to ruffle a few feathers. These azzholes are NO different from the azzholes who stormed the Capitol on Jan 6. Just a bunch of whiney cry baby azzholes who are pissed off things aren't going the way they think they should and think disruption/violence will further their myopic cause. These are fringe element jackasses who use B.S. and lies to justify and rationalize their positions.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I'll say this just to ruffle a few feathers. These azzholes are NO different from the azzholes who stormed the Capitol on Jan 6. Just a bunch of whiney cry baby azzholes who are pissed off things aren't going the way they think they should and think disruption/violence will further their myopic cause. These are fringe element jackasses who use B.S. and lies to justify and rationalize their positions.
This thought did cross my mind yesterday, and while I may not quite know how to compare the two scenarios, I do always find it interesting how politics-loving Americans can repeatedly find ways to justify just about anything AS LONG AS it aligns with their political beliefs

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Yeah I don't disagree, other than it doesn't piss me off. I just can't get to a place where I care much about the Traveler's Championship being briefly interrupted. Again, defacement of property (especially historically important property) is different for me.
Yeah, and you're far from alone here. For me, it's really not about the delay of a golf tournament, though. It's the complete lack of respect for people around you, ironically because you don't feel that they feel as strongly about a certain subject as they should feel. In other words, here's what these types of acts say to me... "17 your beliefs and priorities because they're wrong. Also, since you're having a nice afternoon enjoying something that I don't think matters, I'm just gonna go ahead and interrupt your day to tell you what you should be doing or thinking about instead. Also, let me destroy some stuff, let the crowd wonder if we're about to pull guns, and just cause some utter chaos in the meantime."

As DCD has mentioned, this stuff doesn't draw anyone to your cause. It pushes them farther away, and the sad part is that your cause may actually be a good one. It's just too bad that you've reached a level of idiocy that is this deep because no one's listening when morons act like this

Reactions: dorndawg

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
100% agree. I wish everyone on both sides saw it this way. One lasted about 5 minutes, the other lasted about 4 hours. Neither one amounted to anything remotely approaching "making a difference" or furthering the idiot perpetrators' causes. All it should have done was cause a few trespassers to spend the night in jail and pay a fine. One thing both events should have done was make the idiots who did it (and their like-minded allies) embarrassed to be affiliated with them that day. I know I was. But that's about the end of it.

I mean, that's how both events should have been treated. Of course, people are still in jail 3.5 years later because of one of them that, again, amounted to nothing.

Hey, let's all play a drinking game during the debate. I'll take a drink every time "the tragic events at The Travelers" or "6/19: the Stonehenge travesty" are mentioned... And any leftists who are looking to party can take a drink when "January 6th" is brought up by Joe or one of the moderators. Good luck and don't forget to stay hydrated on Thursday.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
You would be surprised at the number of lefties that I know, who are otherwise reasonable people, who were totally OK with wrecking of property "by any means necessary" to get Orange Man out of office, etc. I often heard the words "total defiance".

I side with Dems on many peacetime type things, but this disrespect for police/authority deal, and really outright total hatred toward different thought, basically prevents me from ever crossing the aisle.

It's unfortunate too, because all that 2020 shlt is starting to bubble back up now. I thought we were beyond much of that.
Destruction of private property is not supposed to be a part of peaceful protest, but exaggerated claims of such to tar peaceful protests has a long, ugly history in America. The 2020 protests have been wildly mischaracterized by the usual suspects.

1719252648768.png

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

As one of the resident “lefties” I in no way think the destruction of property, and level of disobedience that was happening was acceptable and I believe they all should have been prosecuted. I have not found anyone that feels differently. But I do live around and associate with very moderate to right people.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
o_O

This confirms you are a plant to get more clicks. Nice try, dawgstudent!!!
Uh, why? The idea that the actuality of a protest could be distorted one way or the other by our existing media operations is just unfathomable?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Uh, why? The idea that the actuality of a protest could be distorted one way or the other by our existing media operations is just unfathomable?
Oh Good Lord, give it up. Spew that shlt to someone who had their business looted, who watched their kids shoot and beat each other in the streets (some parents probably liked that), and to the cops who had to live through all that nonsense. Not to mention the innocent bystanders who got beat up simply because, well, we all know.

This is the most idiotic hill a liberal can die on.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Oh Good Lord, give it up. Spew that shlt to someone who had their business looted, who watched their kids shoot and beat each other in the streets (some parents probably liked that), and to the cops who had to live through all that nonsense. Not to mention the innocent bystanders who got beat up simply because, well, we all know.

Okay so maybe I know of one. Lol

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
The Jan 6ers were at the correct venue while while these childish imbeciles pick random places where rich people go do things who have nothing to do with their cause. The Jan 6ers ain't doing periodic repeats. In person VS mail in ballots is way more valid than cow flatulence killing polar bears.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

Same as it ever was. Guess I know what you would have thought of MLK back in the day.

You really don't see any disparity at all between how the protests are portrayed by some, and the reality?

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
No, no, it's very possible. One might even say highly likely. See "January 6th" for references.

I was just choking on my drink at the irony of a post saying the 2020 Summer of Love with its police cars on fire, businesses burned to the ground, and real life videos of billions of dollars in damage, was all peaceful protests distorted by the media, but somehow many people believe the 1/6 END OF DEMOCRACY RIOT was the literal end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine).

I will agree that the media exaggerated the 2020 riots if you agree that 1/6 was and is still being spun up for political gain. Deal?

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
The Jan 6ers were at the correct venue while while these childish imbeciles pick random places where rich people go do things who have nothing to do with their cause. The Jan 6ers ain't doing periodic repeats. In person VS mail in ballots is way more valid than cow flatulence killing polar bears.
The number of times a person or group of persons makes a jackass (or jackasses) of themselves does not rationalize the fact that they are still jackasses. The fact that you come on here and attempt to justify one group over the other proves that you are among them. Your two talking points, mail in ballots vs cow flatulence, are both fringe element BS from opposite sides of the fringe. Thank you for helping prove my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login