Trey Lance with 4 picks playing against air today.

patdog

May 28, 2007
If you ever have an inkling to go overboard thinking that NFL talent scouts are really good, just try to think of a single day in the last 10 years where Dak was as bad as Lance is nearly every day. And then look where they were drafted.
NFL drafting of QBs has been almost random for at least the last 30 years. Ryan freaking Leaf was drafted ahead of Peyton Manning & Tom Brady was a late round pick.

Reactions: She Mate Me

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
The fact that SF gave up three 1sts and a 3rd to get this dude haunts me to this day. For all the solid picks they’ve made in later rounds, Lynch and Shanahan have absolutely blown some early round picks over the years

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
The fact that SF gave up three 1sts and a 3rd to get this dude haunts me to this day. For all the solid picks they’ve made in later rounds, Lynch and Shanahan have absolutely blown some early round picks over the years
And the fact that the Niners are the reigning NFC champs and haven't set their franchise back for a decade with that blunder tells us that they're great at everything else.

And hitting on Purdy as Mr. Irrelevant helps of course.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
And the fact that the Niners are the reigning NFC champs and haven't set their franchise back for a decade with that blunder tells us that they're great at everything else.

You will be hard pressed to ever convince me that Purdy didn’t save both of their jobs

Reactions: HRMSU

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
You will be hard pressed to ever convince me that Purdy didn’t save both of their jobs
Put Purdy in a system besides Shanahan’s, and see what happens.

Shanahan always gets the most out of whatever QB he has on the field. Jimmy Garropolo was trash, still got to the Super Bowl and almost won with him. Garropolo gets hurt, he still had success with guys like Nick Mullens running the show. Purdy gets briefly knocked out for a spell last year and even Sam Darnold looked decent as a fill in.

The system simply doesn’t require elite play at the QB position in order to be highly successful. That’s why it speaks volumes that they completely gave up on Trey Lance after only 2 games of action. You would think the writing was on the wall there.

Reactions: patdog

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Put Purdy in a system besides Shanahan’s, and see what happens.

Shanahan always gets the most out of whatever QB he has on the field. Jimmy Garropolo was trash, still got to the Super Bowl and almost won with him. Garropolo gets hurt, he still had success with guys like Nick Mullens running the show. Purdy gets briefly knocked out for a spell last year and even Sam Darnold looked decent as a fill in.

The system simply doesn’t require elite play at the QB position in order to be highly successful. That’s why it speaks volumes that they completely gave up on Trey Lance after only 2 games of action. You would think the writing was on the wall there.
This 💯. And if they pay Purdy some huge contract, they’re nuts. Hell, they could take Lance back and probably still make a deep run.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022

At the end of the day when was the Niners last SB trophy? I mean we ain't playing for 2nd place.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login