Trigger Warning - Positive/Optimistic basketball post incoming

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Lunardi has us as the first team out of the tournament as of today. We are in, as some would say, a nice spot at 69.

It will not take a miracle run in the SEC to get in. 12-6 gets us in comfortably. 11-7 gets us in. 10-8 probably has us sweating some.

carry on.

View attachment 23325

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
And no matter what happens, this team will have enough talent to win the SEC tournament if it suddenly clicks

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
Lists this early can’t take into account bid stealers though. I still say we need to get to 12 wins to be comfortable. 11 is the bubble and 10 is left out. Texas Tech is the wildcard. We need them to stay ranked and we need to win, that could give us some wiggle room.

Last edited:

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Lists this early can’t take into account bid stealers though. I still say we need to get to 12 wins to be comfortable. 11 is the bubble and 10 is left out. Texas Tech is the wildcard. He need them to stay ranked and we need to win, that could give us some wiggle room.

I thought the point was that we aren't DOA like most state fans say

Hump4Hoops

May 1, 2010
I'm still nervous because we've lost to every opponent with a pulse.

I'll still be watching every game, but damn I'd like to have a win to be proud of.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I'll still be watching every game, but damn I'd like to have a win to be proud of.

It's early in the season and I have a feeling we really aren't where other good teams are right now.

I think this team will decide who they are, what their team identity is based on and what the goal for the year is. These first few games it seems like we are kind of just there without any purpose, 40 minutes of entropy. Until the Georgia State game. Started seeing some heart and a pulse and the beginning of what this team might be. Hope we see more of that energy and heart tonight. Fountain has it and I hope others do too soon.

BeardoMSU

Jul 9, 2013
69 is a nice spot. Always meets my approval

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login