Tropical Shenanigans

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
My fence still has a little lean from ida. Guess I need to go put some more stabilizing post in

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
Just something to think about. If this storm is really a strong one then we don’t want it to go towards Louisiana over to Galveston Bay area. You think gas prices were high a short time ago well if the storm tracts over there this will disrupt oil production and refineries. Biden has drawn down the strategic oil reserves to a very low level to curb gas prices.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Just something to think about. If this storm is really a strong one then we don’t want it to go towards Louisiana over to Galveston Bay area. You think gas prices were high a short time ago well if the storm tracts over there this will disrupt oil production and refineries. Biden has drawn down the strategic oil reserves to a very low level to curb gas prices.

Read a report today that the gfs pushing the storm west was due to corrupt data. Euro has been steadfast with a Florida peninsula landfall and if this corrupt data report has any truth to it then future gfs runs should start to push it back east.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Latest GFS with a huge shift east in track with a landfall south of Tampa now. This is more in line with what the euro has been showing last few days and may...just may...mean there's finally starting to be some agreement among the models. I say that and when the euro comes in a couple hours later it'll probably show it hitting Houston. It should become a depression in the next 24-48 hours and then wait to see how strong it gets. Good news is if this track holds then that's less time over open water so less time to intensify.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Invest 98L is now a tropical depression. Not going to post all the graphics again right now, but finally starting to get some model agreement on track and SW Florida appears to be settling in the crosshairs. The euro is saying it told us all this four days ago. While is still some considerable spread in strength with some models still saying cat 4/5 intensity, several are keeping it dialed back to a cat 2/3 intensity. Lots of variables go into play when it comes to storm strength thst cant be determined this far out so not venturing a guess there, but I'm leaning towards the lower intensity. If for no other reason the more southern landfall gives it less time to intensify.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Guess I picked a bad week to take the family to Disney World….

Could work out great if it doesn’t actually hit it. Went one time when it was in the cone. Think it noticeably depressed the crowds. Hurricane never got there. Granted they did get rain and we were gone before that.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Guess I picked a bad week to take the family to Disney World….
Maybe. I had a friend that planned theirs prior to a storm that was supposed to hit mid-south Florida a couple of years ago. I can’t remember which one. It ended up shifting East and was a East heavy storm so all Orlando got was a stiff NE cool breeze but the threat caused a lot of cancellations and he said it was the most empty he has ever seen it. Longest lines were 10-15 minutes.

DawgsHSV

Aug 31, 2022
My wife has worked on SLS for years and we are debating heading to Cape Canaveral for the launch (Currently scheduled for Tuesday at 11:30). Anyone think we’d get out ahead of a storm and or evacuations if those happen?

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
It now officially has a name. Tropical Storm Ian has formed in the southern Caribbean. Expected to make landfall around Tampa on Wednesday as a major hurricane.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login