Truthfully the play that bothered me most...

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Was Will's 15 yard scramble after we got the onside kick back that almost put us in field goal range. Why is he sliding on that play when he is outside of field goal range? I have stood up for him all year, but that pu$$y move really pissed me off. One time take on a defender or give a little shake and try to get as much as possible. Why should anyone put their body on the line if Will won't? Should be an Elway Helicopter to get taken down on that play.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Honestly it's got to be old school caching of the qb position. The newer adaptations of the air raid tell their qbs to run and recruit guys who do and have wheels.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Was Will's 15 yard scramble after we got the onside kick back that almost put us in field goal range. Why is he sliding on that play when he is outside of field goal range? I have stood up for him all year, but that pu$$y move really pissed me off. One time take on a defender or give a little shake and try to get as much as possible. Why should anyone put their body on the line if Will won't? Should be an Elway Helicopter to get taken down on that play.
Remember KJ Costello’s “heroics” against Arkansas in 2020? He single-handedly decided we weren’t going to win the game because he was a pu$$y. But, he was coached to be that way.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

I get that a few of y'all didn't like this play, but I had no problem with it. There was still time on the clock for him to pop up and clock the ball to run a couple more plays to the sidelines. I doubt he was completely aware of exactly where he was on the field. Probably shocked to be running that free in the middle of the field.

I'm WAY more concerned with our punting right now. Most HS teams handle that better than we did tonight.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I am sure he is coached that way and I am fine with it all of the first 58 minutes of the game. But some point you have to keep the ball on 4th and 1 or dive head first to get in field goal range with 10 seconds to go in the game. I watched Joe Namath as a cripple run naked bootlegs once in awhile.

• Sad

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I get that a few of y'all didn't like this play, but I had no problem with it. There was still time on the clock for him to pop up and clock the ball to run a couple more plays to the sidelines. I doubt he was completely aware of exactly where he was on the field. Probably shocked to be running that free in the middle of the field.

I'm WAY more concerned with our punting right now. Most HS teams handle that better than we did tonight.
And none of that would be necessary if he got 4 more yards which was easily there.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Eh, I’d rather him slide than get hit and fumble it. You can probably count on one hand how many runs he’s had like that in 3 years. He’s out of his element there. I thought he got a bad spot though - looked to me (in the stadium) that he started his slide at the 35 but maybe that was just my view of it. A few yards could have been the difference there if not for the penalty

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I was there watching the play live from the stands. He was about to get creamed by three players. I was actually thinking in my head “please slide”.

ETA: There was no way in hell he was getting 4 more yards and it wasn’t a puss move. You’re flat out wrong.

Last edited:

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Great win by the Dogs!! What stood out to me was Auburn's Derrick Hall absolutely destroying us. He was blowing up just about every other play.

Reactions: HRMSU

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I dont want him tackled in that spot. You know the barner that tackles him is going to hold him down or tangle up to waste more time.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I disagree with you on this one Bruce.

NOLA Dawg

Jan 2, 2020
Looked to me like 3 guys were converging on him and he would have maybe gotten 3-4 more yards. I doubt he knew exactly where he was on the field and did what he is coached to do.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I was there watching the play live from the stands. He was about to get creamed by three players. I was actually thinking in my head “please slide”.

ETA: There was no way in hell he was getting 4 more yards and it wasn’t a puss move. You’re flat out wrong.
Agree he would not have gotten more yards. He would have gotten his head taken off. Sliding was the right play for Will and the team.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Will isn't big enough to take a big hit. One hit and he's out. He's as valuable to this team as a NFL starting QB is to an NFL team. Lose him and we have zero chance of looking like a decent team the rest of the year.

The NCAA leading red zone offense is mostly accredited to Rogers.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I agree with Bruce that Will left probably 5 yards on the table, but the risk to get those 5 yards was high, as in Schrader-copter high.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Great win by the Dogs!! What stood out to me was Auburn's Derrick Hall absolutely destroying us. He was blowing up just about every other play.

Just like the LSU guy (can't remember his name) did to us in the 2nd half.

This offense demands a much better o line than we have or may ever have which is my biggest hesitation about the system taking us consistently higher than we've ever been.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Bad take. It’s not a tough man contest. It’s a time and execution moment. Sliding and being able to jump up and get lined up is more important than passing a **** measuring contest and possibly fumbling, getting hurt, or being held down by a defender.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
More importantly, I actually really liked the call by Leach & Will to run that play. They obviously knew Auburn wouldn’t be expecting it. Shows that they know the QB run can help but they don’t want to expose their most integral player to injury unless the game is on the line.

My biggest question is this: Is DJ healthy? If he’s healthy, we need him to touch the ball more. If he’s not, sit him. It kind of felt like we were saving him and we needed some punishing runs

Last edited:

Joe Schmedlap

Aug 11, 2010
Yep. I lost my mind as that happened. Just infuriated me

• Sad

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022
Don’t mind the slide, but why spike it when the clock stops with a 1st down? There was still .45 seconds and we had 2 timeouts. That wasted down along the bad snap cost a chance to get into field goal range.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Mine was the 2pt conversion Auburn got when they ran a QB bootleg run for like the 50th time, and our safeties had their backs turned to him and never defended him.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Will got the worst spot I’ve ever seen on that play. He started his slide at the 35 yard line and they marked it at the 37. Incredible they could be two yards off on a spot. The slide allowed us to get the ball back to the official quickly and get set up to spike the ball, and avoid a big hit and a potential injury. I had no problem with it. I had a big problem with the horrible spot.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Spock Encerio GIF

Reactions: Darryl Steight

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021

Yeah will did what he what he was supposed to do and just get the yards and not fumble. If we execute like we should have in the 2 plays after we put Massimo in a much better spot

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Will isn't big enough to take a big hit. One hit and he's out. He's as valuable to this team as a NFL starting QB is to an NFL team. Lose him and we have zero chance of looking like a decent team the rest of the year.

The NCAA leading red zone offense is mostly accredited to Rogers.
And we basically have zero experience in any QB that would follow him.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
What bothered me was the scramble itself. That play is there several times every game but we never take it. Why not????? Will Leach crawl his *** if he takes off? Is he afraid to run until he knows that he has to? Is he too confident in his arm and that something will come open so he just hangs in the pocket? Will is about as close to a Dak or Fitz running as I am but if he can scramble like that 3 or 4 times a game and get 4 or 5 yards whether he slides or not, it'll definitely slow down the rush and open up the passing game.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Well I now know which of you I would follow into a tough situation and those I would not. This is a football game. Sometimes the situation calls putting your health on the line. None of the time concerns are an issue if he dives forward. Sometimes you don't give up.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Don’t mind the slide, but why spike it when the clock stops with a 1st down? There was still .45 seconds and we had 2 timeouts. That wasted down along the bad snap cost a chance to get into field goal range.

Well, other than the fact that there was 20 seconds left after the slide and we had 1 TO left, nailed it.

The clock also only stops until the chains are reset for the 1st down.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Well I now know which of you I would follow into a tough situation and those I would not. This is a football game. Sometimes the situation calls putting your health on the line. None of the time concerns are an issue if he dives forward. Sometimes you don't give up.
He would have been annihilated if he tried to do any more than what he did and might have fumbled or even got hurt.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I've rewatched it 3 times now. I'm not sure he could have handled it much better. Got down, got the team to the line and clocked the ball losing 3 seconds.

Spot was off by maybe 1.5 yards.
Is there a YouTube highlight video of the game that has that play in it? Every one I’ve found doesn’t have it in there

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I've rewatched it 3 times now. I'm not sure he could have handled it much better. Got down, got the team to the line and clocked the ball losing 3 seconds.

Spot was off by maybe 1.5 yards.
I just watched it again. He started his slide on the 35. That is where his left hand is when it hits the ground. The idiot ref gives a horrible mark on the 37. He slid to the 32. And the nearest guy is a yard away at that point. So if he puts head down and dives head first he is easily on the 30. So even if he dives, the clock stops from the first down and he can spike it the same way. I will work on the video.PXL_20221107_011741034.jpg

Last edited:
  • Angry

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
Think the play(s) that bothered me the most (aside from the 3 consecutive shanks) was when Watson tackled Page.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
The play that bothered me the most was one of the pooched kickoffs that we stood around staring at and then barely grabbed the ball before auburn got there. I think my neighbors heard me yelling at that one.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The play that bothered me the most was one of the pooched kickoffs that we stood around staring at and then barely grabbed the ball before auburn got there. I think my neighbors heard me yelling at that one.
Especially as that was the 3rd time they kicked off that way. How the hell are we not prepared for it? Was the special teams coach busy taking the longest **** known to mankind?

Reactions: jethreauxdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login