Truthfully the play that bothered me most...

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I just watched it again. He started his slide on the 35. That is where his left hand is when it hits the ground. The idiot ref gives a horrible mark on the 37. He slid to the 32. And the nearest guy is a yard away at that point. So if he puts head down and dives head first he is easily on the 30. So even if he dives, the clock stops from the first down and he can spike it the same way. I will work on the video.View attachment 257661
How can anyone look at this and think Will should have taken the hit and we would have been better off? The auburn defender is 4 yards from him and there are guys left and right of him. The play was executed fine from Will’s standpoint. He’s the starting QB being available to continue to play the next play is important. He gains nothing maybe a yard or 2 and likely takes a huge hit.

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
I just watched it again. He started his slide on the 35. That is where his left hand is when it hits the ground. The idiot ref gives a horrible mark on the 37. He slid to the 32. And the nearest guy is a yard away at that point. So if he puts head down and dives head first he is easily on the 30. So even if he dives, the clock stops from the first down and he can spike it the same way. I will work on the video.View attachment 257661

looking at this pic, if he doesnt slide, at best he gets to the 33 where the defender currently on the 31 nails him. Knowing that Will is not very big, he would have not gotten another yard and possibly would have been hurt and/or fumbled the ball, he absolutely did the right thing.

Reactions: She Mate Me

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
Was Will's 15 yard scramble after we got the onside kick back that almost put us in field goal range. Why is he sliding on that play when he is outside of field goal range? I have stood up for him all year, but that pu$$y move really pissed me off. One time take on a defender or give a little shake and try to get as much as possible. Why should anyone put their body on the line if Will won't? Should be an Elway Helicopter to get taken down on that play.
I hear what you are saying, but I am loathe to cast aspersions on any scramble by Will Rogers that exceeds 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
Was Will's 15 yard scramble after we got the onside kick back that almost put us in field goal range. Why is he sliding on that play when he is outside of field goal range? I have stood up for him all year, but that pu$$y move really pissed me off. One time take on a defender or give a little shake and try to get as much as possible. Why should anyone put their body on the line if Will won't? Should be an Elway Helicopter to get taken down on that play.

Come on man, Will ran 15 yards. He was probably out of breath.***

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Well I now know which of you I would follow into a tough situation and those I would not. This is a football game. Sometimes the situation calls putting your health on the line. None of the time concerns are an issue if he dives forward. Sometimes you don't give up.
duck dynasty old school gif | WiffleGif

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022
Don’t mind the slide, but why spike it when the clock stops with a 1st down? There was still .45 seconds and we had 2 timeouts. That wasted down along the bad snap cost a chance to get into field goal range.
Agreed. Very foolish play that no one has talked about.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Agreed. Very foolish play that no one has talked about.

I talked about it.

There was 20 seconds left (not 45) and only 17 after the spike because the clock starts on the refs command after markers are set.

And we only had 1 TO.

Accurate info helps.

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022
I talked about it.

There was 20 seconds left (not 45) and only 17 after the spike because the clock starts on the refs command after markers are set.

And we only had 1 TO.

Accurate info helps.
You must be thinking of something else because we had two timeouts left when he spiked the ball at the end. He spiked the ball twice in the game.

Accurate info helps™️

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
You must be thinking of something else because we had two timeouts left when he spiked the ball at the end. He spiked the ball twice in the game.

Accurate info helps™️

We had 1 timeout. I just watched it again to make sure I wasn't smoking crack again.

We ran a play at 17 seconds after the spike and called the last timeout with 9 seconds to go. Discussed and then tried the FG. Would we have done that if we had another timeout? No, we would've run another play then called timeout and kicked.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login