Tuesday Lunardi Bracket

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Has us a 9 seed playing Texas in Salt Lake City. Paired with Arizona as the 1 seed.

He’s got A&M and Florida safely in too. Only SEC team he has on the bubble right now is Ole Miss, who is one of his last four in.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
This is a major jump from Saturday night (after our game). He must have changed his opinion of us when he saw how we jumped in the NET.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Be interesting to see how far and if we move up with two more wins this week.

we knew these 4 were key. Hopefully we create enough cushion to still sneak in if we falter down the stretch

Reactions: L4MANDW

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
That Missouri win was huge, not that they are any good of course, but that it was our first true road win, and a loss would've probably put us in the First Four Out. We've got to beat Arkansas on Saturday, and Ole Miss next Wednesday. Losing either would not be good. I had no clue that a win over a winless in the SEC Mizzou team would bump our NET so much.

Reactions: Seinfeld

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
We need to win these next two then one more nice win. Either Kentucky auburn or Texas am

Would probably make us a 6 seed. That’s probably our high water mark

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
That Missouri win was huge, not that they are any good of course, but that it was our first true road win, and a loss would've probably put us in the First Four Out. We've got to beat Arkansas on Saturday, and Ole Miss next Wednesday. Losing either would not be good. I had no clue that a win over a winless in the SEC Mizzou team would bump our NET so much.
Road wins are huge because, as I’ve said all year: it’s hard to win on the road. The NET formula really rewards you for a road win, even against a bad team. If we hold serve in our home games and beat either LSU or A&M on the road, we should be no lower than an 8 seed in my opinion.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

The fact that it was a blowout and a road game helped a lot.

I also think our early SEC record scared some bracket guys. I realize they are projecting it as of right now on a given day, but our schedule being so front loaded made our resume a little misleading.

Tractorman

Mar 15, 2009
I would love to get the 8, 9, or 10 seed that plays in Memphis. I don't know that the committee would give us that advantage though. Right now cbs has Mississippi in the 10 seed at Memphis matched with Tennessee as 2 seed for round 2.

eta: I saw another bracket that has an 11/6 match up at Memphis, so I'm not sure what seeds will play there.

Last edited:

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I have a feeling the winner of our upcoming game with Ole Miss will be for a tournament bid. Especially if Ole Miss beats Kentucky tonight

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I have a feeling the winner of our upcoming game with Ole Miss will be for a tournament bid. Especially if Ole Miss beats Kentucky tonight
I was just thinking the same thing. It kinda feels like Lunardi’s been indicating for awhile that there’s only room for one, and if OM picks up another win against us, the argument for State to get that spot is gonna be a tough sell

patdog

May 28, 2007
I was just thinking the same thing. It kinda feels like Lunardi’s been indicating for awhile that there’s only room for one, and if OM picks up another win against us, the argument for State to get that spot is gonna be a tough sell
It doesn't work that way. We'll be evaluated separately from Mississippi, and both will either be in or out based on their records. I think both will be in.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I had no clue that a win over a winless in the SEC Mizzou team would bump our NET so much.

Road wins are huge because, as I’ve said all year: it’s hard to win on the road. The NET formula really rewards you for a road win, even against a bad team. If we hold serve in our home games and beat either LSU or A&M on the road, we should be no lower than an 8 seed in my opinion.

This is why I shake my head in frustration at 'neutral' games that are clearly road games. I 17ing hate that they arent just played at the other team's home court.
Example- The Rutgers game was played 30mi from their home court. I get that it was Winter Break, but damn- that is as much 'going on the road' for MSU as it gets.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
NET rewards road blowouts, no matter the team.

Biggest missed opportunity of the year was that game at Georgia Tech. They haven't killed us because they have picked off some good ACC wins, but if we had a 10+ win in that game our NET would be 8-10 spots higher.

We need to win these next three - Arkansas, Ole Miss and at LSU - comfortably.

Then if we can split the last four, we are going to be in line for a 6-7 seed. Could get up to an outside chance at a 5 if we go 3-1 and have a couple wins in the SEC Tournament.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I would love to get the 8, 9, or 10 seed that plays in Memphis. I don't know that the committee would give us that advantage though. Right now cbs has Mississippi in the 10 seed at Memphis matched with Tennessee as 2 seed for round 2.

eta: I saw another bracket that has an 11/6 match up at Memphis, so I'm not sure what seeds will play there.
I would also like that, except I remember every tournament we have been in previous to this one, and where they ended up placing us in those brackets. We always get the worst matchup possible. It won't matter what our seeding ends up being. The teams we are paired against [if we win] will be the worst teams possible we could meet in the tournament in that bracket.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

If Ole Miss wins tonight then both teams are likely safely in. I personally think Kentucky probably takes care of its business but they’ve been weirdly terrible at home recently.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login