Tulu removes name from portal

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
What was the point of this little stunt? Did he achieve more NIL money or did he just need some attention?

Reactions: cytubb

patdog

May 28, 2007
What was the point of this little stunt? Did he achieve more NIL money or did he just need some attention?
He probably got both. Looking forward to a couple years from now when we have 40 players enter the portal every year.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Could a star player just days before week 1 say, I'm not playing unless I get more money or better yet, could a group of stars say we aren't playing in the playoff game unless you double our NIL money? With the contracts/money based on usage of the athletes NIL and not actually tied to performance/playing football, it seems like that could at some point happen. Obviously it's pretty crappy to do but it could still happen, right?

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Probably did get more NIL money. NIL has no real formal contracts that I know of so I guess either party can essentially 'renegotiate' at any time.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
napoleon dynamite yes GIF

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Someone needs to go on twitter and insult him for entering the portal in the first place*** Glad to have him back and hope the new OC gets him more touches next year.

Reactions: drumrcraig

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Could a star player just days before week 1 say, I'm not playing unless I get more money or better yet, could a group of stars say we aren't playing in the playoff game unless you double our NIL money? With the contracts/money based on usage of the athletes NIL and not actually tied to performance/playing football, it seems like that could at some point happen. Obviously it's pretty crappy to do but it could still happen, right?
They probably could, but I am not sure it would be in their best interest. I would have a feeling the rest of the team might get them somewhere private and have a heart to heart "conversation" with them in an attempt to show them the error of their ways. Much like the conversation that the OL was rumored to have given Taite after a bowl game when he refused to throw to Moulds.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Well, theoretically, yes, a player could do that and then just sit out like a pro player does during contract negotiations, but really, it would depend on how an NIL deal is structured as to whether they actually get paid in the meantime. For example, if a contract is predicated on a player actually touching the field once during a season or being the starter or not redshirting or a litany of other performance-based metrics, then they could find themselves in a predicament.

That being said, that's all speculation on my part. I don't personally know anybody on either side of an NIL deal, so I don't know for sure.

Maybe we need an NIL Q&A with Charlie on here.

Taz_Man

Nov 9, 2017
Glad he is coming back. Does Caleb Ducking have another year of eligibility?

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Jaden Rashada begs to differ.
Not really, the Florida boosters renegotiated by not paying what they pledged they would. Rashada then renegotiated his part by leaving Florida. If there was a signed legal contract that Rashada would receive a certain amount of money he could have just sued the Florida boosters to get paid.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Oh Noes! I was informed on this forum that letting a portal guy come back to the locker room was just like taking back your unfaithful wife! Can't possibly work out**

On an unrelated note, how fun was it during the Egg Bowl to hear them tell the nation we had the top Kick returner in the nation, top return team in the nation, top pick 6 guy in the nation, and the top 2 tacklers in the SEC? Almost made me wonder why we had only won 7 games at that time.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Yes they could, theoretically.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Not really, the Florida boosters renegotiated by not paying what they pledged they would. Rashada then renegotiated his part by leaving Florida. If there was a signed legal contract that Rashada would receive a certain amount of money he could have just sued the Florida boosters to get paid.
He is suing the Florida Boosters, and guess what.... I think he is going to and should win.

patdog

May 28, 2007
His "people" are saying they still may file a lawsuit for the breach of contract.

NashLA

May 5, 2009
From the ESPN link below:

"The financial backing fell through, however -- the Gator Collective terminated the binding agreement . . ."

If ESPN got the facts right, that would seem to indicate a signed legal contract.And from the same report, Rashada's lawyers may indeed file a lawsuit.

BA Dog

Nov 4, 2021
Glad he is back. I hope in this new offense he will get more touches… Is there any reason he should not be able to return every ball he is able to get to? If he can catch it, let him bring it out.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login