Tupelo…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2012
Did ya’ll happen to notice when the officer was standing at her feet she lifted and spread her legs.
He quickly left and went in front of her

RebelRH

May 2, 2013
Did ya’ll happen to notice when the officer was standing at her feet she lifted and spread her legs.
He quickly left and went in front of her
He probably thought he was about to get "sprayed". He also knew he was being recorded because he looked at whoever was doing the recording a few times. So that might have been why they were so calm with her.

Word in Tupelo is that this girl might come from a fairly well to do family and the girl has been in and out of mental institutions through the years. It could be that or drugs or a combination.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
[IN BEFORE THE LOCK] Covid came from a lab and Fauci paid for it.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
- I have seen pictures and video from other angles. What are you even talking about when you claim no other photos were released? People were recording it from multiple angles. Photos and video from other angles easily exist and existed more than 3 years ago too.

- Again, testimony from the trial...

- Chauvin being the arresting officer or not being the arresting officer has nothing to do with the crazy claim @greenbean.sixpack made. That is what I was responding to. This is simply about how someone was restrained and the wild claim that the officer would be in a circle of hell if it happened in Minneapolis.

- The color of the arresting officer in the Floyd disaster has nothing to do with my comments in response to @greenbean.sixpack.

- Chauvin calling the paramedics has nothing to do with my comments in response to @greenbean.sixpack.

- Officers performing CPR has nothing to do with my comments in response to @greenbean.sixpack. I will respond more to this one and say that yes, I know CPR was performed.

You seem to really struggle to stay on track as you brought up a whole bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with the initial wild claim as defense of that wild claim, or something related to that wild claim.
Step back and recognize that your whole post is various justifications of the Floyd disaster.
I posted screenshots that show the Tupelo officer was not on the woman's neck in the video. Its that simple- the two arent the same and trying to claim they are the same, or even similar, is disingenuous.
K

Reactions: mstateglfr

TilloDwg

Aug 25, 2012
Lots of evidence, including videos of Chauvin's knee on his shoulder, not neck, were never allowed as evidence for some reason. WATCH THE DOCUMENTARY then see what you think.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked
Aug 31, 2012
The sad thing is I grew up in that neighborhood some 50 plus years ago.
dozens of kids that could play all day and into the night and parents didn’t worry.
In spite of that video, Tupelo is, was, and still is a great little city.
Raised our sons there and wouldn’t do anything different

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
I’ve heard that if you see someone completely naked in public, stay far away because they can be extremely dangerous. They’re in such a drug induced state or complete mental breakdown there’s no telling what they’ll do. A naked man in Florida several years ago attacked somebody and started eating the victim’s face before he was finally subdued.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Several years ago a big black naked guy was running down the street with with a cop chasing him on foot in Jackson, TN. He ran right across in front of my car. The cop got behind him with his night stick and hit him across the cheek of his butt. It opened up a blood red cut. He then went after his knees with it. Neither phased him. He turned on the cop and went after him like a bear. By then other cops arrived and got him subdued. The next day I looked it up and he died in the ER from a drug overdose.
You mean it wasn’t from the big bad cop?***

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I'm curious why you would think this? I'm no expert on police procedure but it appears to me the police in this video did exactly what society wants them to do: de-escalate a potentially very dangerous situation using the minimum amount of force necessary, and in doing so kept everyone involved as safe as possible.

Had the officer(s) proceeded to murder the perpetrator (as in Minneapolis), then yes their life would have been turned upside down.
They tased her? That’s how they deescalated it.

I agree that’s perfectly reasonable.
So you say there is no need to go down this path today, but it isnt to the person who wanted to go down this path today. Instead, you said it to someone who responded by questioning the person who wanted to go down this path today.
I mention this because I see it on here a lot- complaints about opening a can of worms that arent directed at the person who opened the can.

Anyways, you dont want to go down this path today, yet you absolutely push us further down this path with the rest of your post.
To respond to your claims...
- I dont wear glasses, but apparently I dont have good enough vision to clearly see that the Tupelo cop is restraining this woman in 'exactly the same' way as Chauvin restrained Floyd. I honestly cant tell if this Tupelo cop's knee is on her back, her shoulder blade, her shoulder, or her neck. Apparently you can, even though the video is a bad angle, shaky, and 60' away. To me, it looked like his knee was on the woman's back.

- Take a moment to realize you are accusing a police officer of kneeling on a woman's neck in the exact way that a cop did a few years ago which killed a man. Remember all the law enforcement who said that style of restraint is not acceptable.
Ok, so keeping that in mind, are you really wanting to continue to claim this Tupelo officer did exactly the same thing? Thats a tough position to hold.

- Yes I see you are saying the Tupelo cop did everything by the book and therefore Chauvin also did everything by the book. If you dont want to claim the Tupelo cop was improperly restraining the woman, you are then claiming that Chauvin properly restrained Floyd. Holy hell, no wonder you dont want to go down this path today.

The comments above arent 'gotcha' comments or anything like that. They are basic assessment of your comments so it is easy to follow what you are claiming(while we dont go down this path, of course).
There is a way to not blame the Tupelo cop for dangerous restraint and also not excuse a convicted murderer...just accept that the restrained people werent restrained in the exact same way.
You can see the woman's head and neck is nowhere near the officer's knee as he places it on her back.

View attachment 472348View attachment 472349

Trial testimony below. I did not follow the trial closely and do not know if Dr Tobin was discredited or anything like that, but I am guessing he wasnt...

Attachments

• IMG_6686.png
    IMG_6686.png
    293.4 KB · Views: 10

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Everyone should watch the documentary about the incident in Minneapolis.
Lots of evidence, including videos of Chauvin's knee on his shoulder, not neck, were never allowed as evidence for some reason. WATCH THE DOCUMENTARY then see what you think.

What documentary? You two act like this is something as well known as Barbie or The Avengers.

8:46: The Killing of George Floyd
The Fall of Minneapolis
The Murder of George Floyd: A Nation Responds
The Greatest Lie Ever Sold: George Floyd and the Rise of BLM

Are you both referring to one of the four above? A different one? Am I the crazy one for not just naturally knowing what you are both talking about, or is what you are talking about something thats known only by those who are terminally online and plugged into the biased outrage machine?

Its a good time to yet again point out that the Tupelo incident is not at all similar to Floyd and had this happened in Minneapolis, there is nothing that I saw which would guarantee the officer's life would be turned upside down.

As for Floyd, in the end, the guy was straight up unresponsive and passed out before dying, but CPR wasnt even performed because an ambulance was coming. Instead, he stayed pinned to the ground.
A medical first responder who witnessed Derek Chauvin kneeling on George Floyd’s neck testified that she offered to give the dying Black man medical attention. But Chauvin and his fellow police officers wouldn’t let her.
Standing just feet away from the unresponsive Floyd, she begged officers to help him and explained how to do it.
“There was a man being killed,” said 27-year-old Genevieve Hansen, wearing her firefighter’s uniform on the stand on Day Two of Chauvin’s trial in Minneapolis. “And I would have been able to provide medical attention to the best of my abilities, and this human [Floyd] was denied that right.”

Hansen said she offered to provide chest compressions. She even offered instructions to officer Chauvin and officer Tou Thao in hopes that they’d provide the medical assistance themselves. But none of that happened.
“Had they let me into the scene, I already had decided what his level of consciousness was, so I would have requested additional help,” she said. “I would have checked his airway, I would have been worried about a spinal cord injury, because he had so much weight on his neck.”

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
All I said TO YOU (purposely, to avoid this...) was "Watch the documentary." Your response then was to show the only photo released of Chauvin to the public. The reason I said to watch it and get informed was because there is A LOT of other information that the public didn't get, including videos from different angles that look like Chauvin was following the correct procedure, which the public wasn't allowed to see. You can form your own opinion as to why that is.

Did you know Chauvin wasn't the arresting officer? That the cop who arrested him was a black man, and that was before Chauvin arrived on scene?

Did you know Chauvin was the one who called the paramedics, 36 seconds after Floyd went to the ground? Floyd was foaming at the mouth and obviously struggling with the drugs that he had just swallowed (on camera) to avoid getting arrested (for the 9th time), so Chauvin called them in to help him. Did you know the cops gave him CPR, in an obvious effort to save his life - not end it, as it's been portrayed?

As I said, I didn't want to get into all this - but someone mentioned that the Tupelo scene reminded him of the Minneapolis scene, and I agreed. Lots of similarities.

I just think everyone needs to watch the doc and get fully informed. What happened is a tragedy all the way around, and it could have been avoided.
No point in dialogue with people who have their mind made up that cops are killing black people at alarming rates!

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I love and support our boys in blue, but you'd have to be an idiot to be a cop these days (unless nearing your pension). If that had happened in Minneapolis, the cop would likely have his life turned upside down.
Had a friend in Nashville who was nearing retirement. He told me sometimes he'd let minor crimes go and not get involved. In his younger days he would have jumped right into the fray, but if the crime did not involve someone getting hurt, he'd sit back in his patrol car and just watch it happen.

TilloDwg

Aug 25, 2012
What documentary? You two act like this is something as well known as Barbie or The Avengers.

8:46: The Killing of George Floyd
The Fall of Minneapolis
The Murder of George Floyd: A Nation Responds
The Greatest Lie Ever Sold: George Floyd and the Rise of BLM

Are you both referring to one of the four above? A different one? Am I the crazy one for not just naturally knowing what you are both talking about, or is what you are talking about something thats known only by those who are terminally online and plugged into the biased outrage machine?

Its a good time to yet again point out that the Tupelo incident is not at all similar to Floyd and had this happened in Minneapolis, there is nothing that I saw which would guarantee the officer's life would be turned upside down.

As for Floyd, in the end, the guy was straight up unresponsive and passed out before dying, but CPR wasnt even performed because an ambulance was coming. Instead, he stayed pinned to the ground.
Fall of Minneapolis

Last edited:
Reactions: Darryl Steight

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Had a friend in Nashville who was nearing retirement. He told me sometimes he'd let minor crimes go and not get involved. In his younger days he would have jumped right into the fray, but if the crime did not involve someone getting hurt, he'd sit back in his patrol car and just watch it happen.
I'd do the same in his shoes.

Reactions: DawgsNCowboys87

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Fall of Minneapolis
Cool. I will watch it as soon as you and Darryl agree to Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11 are both credible documentaries that we should reference as truthful and accurate in representation.

I mean, they are documentaries and thats apparently the bar to clear in this conversation over 'the truth'.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

TilloDwg

Aug 25, 2012
Facts don't care about your feelings...watch and learn. Then ask yourself why none of the evidence was allowed in the trial. You won't, but you should.

Nov 20, 2023
I’ve heard that if you see someone completely naked in public, stay far away because they can be extremely dangerous. They’re in such a drug induced state or complete mental breakdown there’s no telling what they’ll do. A naked man in Florida several years ago attacked somebody and started eating the victim’s face before he was finally subdued.
I definitely remember this like in the Miami area I think, it was f ing crazy. On the side of the highway I believe I think it was that drug spelled kinda like Crocodile but crockadeal or some shite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login