Two points Cole Kublic made

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
on SirisXM's MSU/LSU preview:

1. When he was at the barn, they changed from a pass blocking scheme to a run blocking scheme and it took a year to get comfortable with it.

2. He thinks Arnett was holding back against Arizona and just let them hang around too long

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
on SirisXM's MSU/LSU preview:

1. When he was at the barn, they changed from a pass blocking scheme to a run blocking scheme and it took a year to get comfortable with it.

2. He thinks Arnett was holding back against Arizona and just let them hang around too long
Without exception, during the Croom years, the topic of holding back the offense so we didn't show too much early season came up. Without exception, there was nothing to hold back. I pray that is not where we are with Barbay.

ETA: I'm also leery of hearing about how good our defense looks in the spring...

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Right ? I was reading all those articles and interviews and messed around and got all wooly as usual. Bought into this new offense and all the experience but the second half of that AZ game sheared me. Balance ?? Lol. Didn't see much.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
We will probably have more offensive plays this week and I also think State will throw more.

3-2 Dawg

Jun 6, 2023
Outside of a critical sack and an overthrow on the first possession it seemed like we were able to move the ball well through the air. We also ran the ball well ….until we only ran the ball. Adjusting the run/pass mix equation should be a simple change. Still holding onto hope a few tweaks to the playcall mix will have the offense humming. Of course it is LSU and it’s not like we have a long consistent history of moving the ball against them.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Without exception, during the Croom years, the topic of holding back the offense so we didn't show too much early season came up. Without exception, there was nothing to hold back. I pray that is not where we are with Barbay.
At this point, I have more faith in Barbay than I had in the Wood Coast offense. Barbay has proven he can put together a creative game plan, Woody and Sly never proved that.

Croom's biggest weakness is he didn't despise failure, he was all too comfortable losing. Let's hope Arnett hates losing as much as Saban.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
I too have been hopefull on the holding back theory. But it actually plays out if you look at the Barbay history, he has changed gamplans to week to week. At app state, he ran the ball 52 times against A&M when they beat them and really slowed that game down. That wasn’t how app state looked in a lot of games. So it does make sense.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
I think there will be some new wrinkles on offense. Will they work against LSUs defense?

My concern is defense of LSU passing game. AZ receivers were running wide open in the middle of our D all game long.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I think there will be some new wrinkles on offense. Will they work against LSUs defense?

My concern is defense of LSU passing game. AZ receivers were running wide open in the middle of our D all game long.

Matt talked specifically about that this week. Said we were completely shutting down their run game outside of QB scrambling. After the long pass hurt us once or twice, we focused on not allowing that and it opened up that mid level between the 20's until the end zone backline became a deep defender.

Or something like that..

msualohadog

Oct 25, 2014
Holding back is relative. There are some Mike Wright wrinkles we haven't seen yet and AZ did a pretty good job setting the edge. I expect Wright to pass a few plays and a jet sweep or two.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login