Tyler Warren surpassing Ted Kwalick as Penn State's greatest all-time TE?

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
I love the kid but Kwalick is in the College Football Hall of Fame and was an All Pro in the NFL. He is still the gold standard.

View attachment 669395
Ted was phenomenal based on everything I learned from my Dad. Ted punted, fast at TE, even played kickoff return, and was a real weapon on O. It’s difficult for a TE to become a real game changer. Casper, Winslow, Kelce, Christianson, Dallas Coark, Hernandez, there’s a few over the years. I think Warren’s there at the college level like Kwalick.

Reactions: bbrown

BiochemPSU

Oct 30, 2021
Anyone else recall the dialog from fan experts when a lowly 3 star named Tyler Warren committed?
A credit to the coaching staff for seeing his potential even as he played hs QB.
Now do all the other three stars.

Tyler has come into his own. I still think they need an actual WR to compliment him, but if it isn’t broke, I guess don’t fix it for now.

Reactions: Midnighter

PSUQbKeeper

Oct 12, 2021
Biggest PSU addition in yrs is Kotelnicki, love all the different looks he throws at opposing Defenses.
it has always felt that there were games where opponents had one guy that went off and I would be like "can we NOT just cover that dude? how is he always open?"

yesterday was the first time in a long while that it felt that way but for PSU

Corner Room Breakfast

Oct 27, 2021
Tyler Warren is the most versatile player at Penn State since Michael Robinson and Dennis Onkotz.

I've been watching football since i was a young boy in the mid sixties, i've never seen the center on
a play receive the TD pass. The amount of intelligence it takes for the knowledge and awareness at
all these positions is astounding.

No disrespect to Warner, Barkley, Cappelletti, but that was the greatest individual performance i've
ever seen from a Penn State player.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Biggest PSU addition in yrs is Kotelnicki, love all the different looks he throws at opposing Defenses.
+1 and it just pretty much proves what a dope or agenda Urban Meyer has because if he can't see the difference in this offense from past then I don't know who or what he's watching.

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021
Tyler Warren is the Caitlin Clark of college football. The only reason he doesn’t get the same national attention is because he isn’t a female.

Metal Mike

Oct 28, 2021
I graduated in 1970 so I saw Kwalick play. He was a great Tight End. In the Army game, Army attempted a on-side kick, Kwalick picked it up and ran for a TD. As great as Kwalick was yesterday and the past 2 games Warren was above that level of performance.

K-Live

Oct 6, 2021
I'm pretty sure there is a play in the offense where Warren snaps it to himslef, and then throws a bomb to himeslf for a TD. I mean 50 % of that literally happened yesterday :love:. Even my daugher commented during the second half, "44 is beast".

• Haha
Reactions: Connorpozlee

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
You know, I do a lot of complaining about the gimmicky stuff every game (not in here but out loud to whoever wants to hear it). Tyler Warren at QB passing, Tyler Warren running the ball from a direct snap, etc…… I think my complaining has made me not appreciate just how good he has been. Yesterday snapped me out of that. It was incredible. I will focus on appreciating him from here on out.

Last edited:

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
But it's true, if he was a woman, he would be all over the national media.
Yeah, a woman playing top-flight college football, that story writes itself.

The game was yesterday. Warren’s probably going to be B1G player of the week. Is there a National POW? And he was #5 in Sports Center Top Ten last night. He’ll probably end up being first team All-America.

Everyone’s talking about the TD where he snapped the ball. Media are going to highlight the #3 team in the country coming back from down 14, and in every one of these recaps Warren is displayed front and center. Yesterday he was truly a human highlight film. People see those highlights and then learn about his record-tying 17 catches. He’s probably the best known TE in America right now.

I’d love to see the tv ratings for this game. Lots of eyeballs, surely.

Last edited:

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Yeah, a woman playing top-flight college football, that story writes itself.

The game was yesterday. Warren’s probably going to be B1G player of the week. Is there a National POW? And he was #5 in Sports Center Top Ten last night. He’ll probably end up being first team All-America.

Everyone’s talking about the TD where he snapped the ball. Media are going to highlight the #3 team in the country coming back from down 14, and in every one of these recaps Warren is displayed front and center. Yesterday he was truly a human highlight film. People see those highlights and then learn about his record-tying 17 catches. He’s probably the best known TE in America right now.

I’d love to see the tv ratings for this game. Lots of eyeballs, surely.
Also, a goodly amount of coverage of Coach Franklin nixing the post-game flag-planting. WaPo has the PSU game on a half-page, on the third page. Goes into the snap-TD in good detail. Warren and Fleming both very articulate, good representatives for PSU. The players needed this win as much as did any fan.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login