Uconn Iowa

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
What are you in the hospital for? If you don't mind me asking.
I had been feeling bad for a while so I went to the doctor and they did an EKG and said go to the ER…. Right now.
I had an Atrial fluttering similar to A Fib. They did a cardioversion yesterday and shocked my heart back into rhythm and also discovered I had congestive heart failure so then they did a heart cathe to see if I had any blockages. No blockages so the heart failure was from the flutter Can be fixed with meds.

needless to say I’ve had a busy 48 hours.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I had been feeling bad for a while so I went to the doctor and they did an EKG and said go to the ER…. Right now.
I had an Atrial fluttering similar to A Fib. They did a cardioversion yesterday and shocked my heart back into rhythm and also discovered I had congestive heart failure so then they did a heart cathe to see if I had any blockages. No blockages so the heart failure was from the flutter Can be fixed with meds.

Glad you caught it. Dad went through something very similar….had to have been scary as hell

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

patdog

May 28, 2007

Dang. Hope this takes care of the congestive heart failure. Keep an eye on it.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Arguments I dismiss straight away:
  1. That wasn’t a moving screen.
  2. They should call the game differently in the final minute.
The better argument:

I’m not saying these are as egregious.

I don’t fault the officials for making the right call at the end of the game. I fault them for the calls they missed.

Last edited:

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
The better argument:

I don’t fault the officials for making the right call at the end of the game. I fault them for the calls they missed.

We definitely can run down the rabbit hole on these...why isn't the coach T-d up for stepping on the floor during the game, why isn't 3 seconds called, why are hand checks allowed...why isn't an elbow to the face not a flaggrant

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
We definitely can run down the rabbit hole on these...why isn't the coach T-d up for stepping on the floor during the game, why isn't 3 seconds called, why are hand checks allowed...why isn't an elbow to the face not a flaggrant
You could call a violation on the inbound pass after a score every other time. Their feet never are out of bounds.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

patdog

May 28, 2007
The better argument:

So, the “controversy” is that yeah, it’s a foul. But because you missed a coupe of call earlier (none of which were anywhere near as blatant as that one) you should swallow your whistle. With that logic you’d never call any fouls because you missed a call earlier.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Eric Cartman Lol GIF by South Park

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
The better argument:

Jack Mac is also a UConn fan

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You could call a violation on the inbound pass after a score every other time. Their feet never are out of bounds.
An MSU player was called for this back in 2019 or so and I remember there being total disbelief from the entire team. Multiple guys didn't even understand what had happened because it's so unheard of and happened in the backcourt when they were jogging down court.
It's definitely one that could be called 20 times a game and is called once a decade.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
So, the “controversy” is that yeah, it’s a foul. But because you missed a coupe of call earlier (none of which were anywhere near as blatant as that one) you should swallow your whistle. With that logic you’d never call any fouls because you missed a call earlier.
I think it was the correct call. My point is officials should be criticized for the calls they get wrong, not the calls they get correct. So if UConn wants to complain, show me incorrect calls rather than saying a (correct) foul call shouldn’t be made at a critical point in the game.

Reactions: patdog

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Jack Mac is also a UConn fan
True. And I’m not convinced of his argument. But if you want to make an argument, this is the only one that makes sense: the totality of how the game was called (consistency). Isolating the last play, it was obviously a foul.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login