UK vs MSU breakdown

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Just going to put some stats on you.

- UK is averaging 30.8 points per game
- UK's rush defense is allowing 115 yards per game and is ranked 28th in the nation in stopping the run.
- Passing D is bad. They are ranked 101st.
- Rushing offense is averaging 145 per game.

- MSU is averaging 25.1 per game(including all games)
- Our rush defense is ranked 53rd allowing 135 yards per game.
- We all know our passing D
- Rushing offense 155 yards per game and 68th.

If Rogers is healthy (and he isn't) we can win this game. If it is Wright, I do not think we can. What they are great at on defense is all we will have on offense. They will play to stop the run. I don;t see us holding them under their average by much. And I don't see our staff making is hard on them on either side of the ball.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
It all depends on whether the defense shows up (I don't have much faith that they will). We all know the offense is going to suck (it would be better with Will but probably not much). The question is whether the defense can stop them. Considering we've only really stopped one team all season (an Arkansas squad that had quit on their coach), I think Kentucky will easily cover the spread.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I suppose you could compare our scoring average with Will against it with Mike but having that discussion with most of our posters is a huge waste of time. They will move the ball on us and get their average at least. It's pretty obvious if you watched the Auburn game that Arkansas offense is pathetic. That had nothing to do with our defense. No doubt we will be lucky to score a field goal and touchdown at best.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
I would love to be wrong, but I think the only "breakdown" here is our "MSU" program and the "UK vs" is just going to be latest data point.

Hail State anyway.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Our only hope is that Kentucky does their biennial tradition of absolutely crapping the bed when they set foot in Starkville, MS. It is unreal how poorly road teams have played in this series going back to our last win in Lexington in 2014.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If our offensive coordinator has to change some of the plays to have Wright moving more, he will perform much better. When they set up for him to be stationary, he has no idea what to do. You don’t have to have a roll out designed for every play, but you need to have him moving more so he feels more comfortable. You could even have him moving out to hand the ball off. They really need to have a shorter clock in his head too abandon drop back passes when and takeoff running. Lastly, they should have shorter routes and fully designed quarterback run plays where everybody is blocking for him. In other words, they need to adjust the office to fit his style of play.

Reactions: Chesusdog

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
If our offensive coordinator has to change some of the plays to have Wright moving more, he will perform much better. When they set up for him to be stationary, he has no idea what to do. You don’t have to have a roll out designed for every play, but you need to have him moving more so he feels more comfortable. You could even have him moving out to hand the ball off. They really need to have a shorter clock in his head too abandon drop back passes when and takeoff running. Lastly, they should have shorter routes and fully designed quarterback run plays where everybody is blocking for him. In other words, they need to adjust the office to fit his style of play.
No matter what you do, Wright is not going to score us the points needed to win in SEC play. The other team will have to help us like Arkansas did by not seeing or hitting wide open WRs.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
No matter what you do, Wright is not going to score us the points needed to win in SEC play. The other team will have to help us like Arkansas did by not seeing or hitting wide open WRs.
Part of the reason Arky didn't see/hit wide open receivers is because we actually got decent pressure with our front 4 in that game. Based on the body of evidence, I think that's more of an issue with Arky's OL being bad than it is our DL & LB "figuring something out". I doubt we get that kind of pressure against UK. It's likely to be a blowout.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
If our crappy 2019 team can beat Kentucky at home (they ended 7-5 and won a bowl game), we can win this year.

They are 5-3, and because they beat Florida, people think they are good. They could finish 5-7. They are still limited by talent, just like we were, even when Mullen had us rolling.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Kentucky fans are just glad to be here. After all, they are a basketball school.

MSU fans are Melting.

MSU fans — More likely to Break Down.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Mike Wright beat Kentucky last year in Lexington with this stat line:
12-23, 184 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
11 Car 126 yds 1 TD

Something similar would be nice without the Int of course.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login