UNC versus Kentucky at Las Vegas tomorrow ...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Newly scheduled game because games against their previously scheduled opponents (UCLA & Ohio State, respectively, also in Vegas) had to be cancelled because of covid protocols.

Our @TheAthleticCBB headline on UNC-UCLA being scrapped and replaced with UNC-Kentucky. More updates to come:https://t.co/k3aCYGLGb4— Brendan Marks (@BrendanRMarks) December 17, 2021

Hump4Hoops

May 1, 2010
I'm worried about the NFL. WFT might have waterboys suiting up this weekend.

I really hope the playoffs don't get screwed up.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Over in England, the Premier League is considering shutting down for a couple of weeks because of Covid. Numerous games have had to be postponed in the last week and a majority of the teams want a full shutdown until after the new year.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
As is the English Premier League. Thanks to Omicron, Spurs have played three less matches. Burnley has two less.

I might just save my Fantasy Team's Free Hit for the week where Spurs and Burnley have their make ups.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
We played an entire football season. We have plentiful vaccines and boosters. Why are we still shutting things down?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
We played an entire football season. We have plentiful vaccines and boosters. Why are we still shutting things down?

Because leagues may feel it is a good decision.
Many athletes who are sitting out havent tested positive, but are in protocol out of caution due to proximity to someone who has tested positive.
The NFL just went to immediate masks when indoors, no group eating, etc in an effort to help reduce the issue.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Because leagues may feel it is a good decision.
Many athletes who are sitting out havent tested positive, but are in protocol out of caution due to proximity to someone who has tested positive.
The NFL just went to immediate masks when indoors, no group eating, etc in an effort to help reduce the issue.
You rona boys are just stupid now. We've made it through the original and the first variant. Every virus mutates, gets more contagious, but less dangerous. We have vaccines that work. 17 you and your shutdowns. Just get sick, you'll fight it off. Worried about granny? She should have gotten a booster at this point in time.

17 masks, too.

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You rona boys are just stupid now. We've made it through the original and the first variant. Every virus mutates, gets more contagious, but less dangerous. We have vaccines that work. 17 you and your shutdowns. Just get sick at this point, you'll fight it off. Worried about granny? She should have gotten a booster at this point in time.

17 masks, too.

Um...what?
All I did was explain why OTHERS are considering making a decision to reschedule or shut down. Do you think I oversee a sports league or something? What the hell are 'my shutdowns'? I live in a state that didnt shut down, have sent my kids to indoor sports thru this pandemic dating back to June '20, and I have never shut anything down since I dont want to and dont have the power to.

I personally dont want anything to shut down and have not suggested anything should shut down.
F17S goat, calm down.

Last edited:

Hump4Hoops

May 1, 2010
Some people don't even read his posts before downvoting and arguing with glfr.

Zero personal opinion in that post, just a guess as to why, and some facts about what leagues are doing.

Why so desperate to find someone to attack as a "rona boy?" This isn't some politics thread for you to get your panties in a wad over, just observations about what's going on in various sports leagues. Chill the 17 out.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I think a big difference is that a lot of athletes probably got vaxxed later to comply with team mandates and therefore don't yet qualify for boosters.

As for me, I'm fat and over 50 so I got my shots early (thanks, Tate-- seriously for moving 30+ BMI folks up the list) and therefore got my booster early too which makes a huge difference according to the early research (Boosters 50 times better for Moderna and 25 times better for Pfizer than just two shots).

Last edited:

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
NBA has mulled around the idea of since the league 99 percent vaccinated, to just go ahead and let asymptomatic players play. Of course that has gotten extreme pushback but it kinda makes sense.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
Um...what?
All I did was explain why OTHERS are considering making a decision to reschedule or shut down. Do you think I oversee a sports league or something? What the hell are 'my shutdowns'? I live in a state that didnt shut down, have sent my kids to indoor sports thru this pandemic dating back to June '20, and I have never shut anything down since I dont want to and dont have the power to.

I personally dont want anything to shut down and have not suggested anything should shut down.
F17S goat, calm down.

But you'd sure be here to tell us all it was a good thing and why it had to happen.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Tottenham also lost a match in the new 3rd tier European competition they're in that won't be made up, so they don't advance to the knockout rounds. I'm sure with 3 league matches to make up, they're probably ok with that.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Tottenham also lost a match in the new 3rd tier European competition they're in that won't be made up, so they don't advance to the knockout rounds. I'm sure with 3 league matches to make up, they're probably ok with that.

The UK is the developed world's advance viewing of omicron, as it has been for pretty much all of the variations so far. Coming soon to your local. They have generally been about a month ahead of the northern US. The warmer climes of the US vary from that timetable by a wide margin sometimes. The stuff so far on how bad it is once you get it, is inconclusive.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
The UK is the developed world's advance viewing of omicron, as it has been for pretty much all of the variations so far. Coming soon to your local. They have generally been about a month ahead of the northern US. The warmer climes of the US vary from that timetable by a wide margin sometimes. The stuff so far on how bad it is once you get it, is inconclusive.

Now that's factual based observations. If you want opinions, and I KNOW y'all love mine 😂😂😂😂, this one is basically a reset to zero unless you are fully vaxxed WITH a booster. With that you will probably still get it, but you likely have enough immunity to keep you out of the hospital and especially out of a coffin. Previous infection doesn't do much for you with this one. AGAIN....MY OPINION.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login