Unpopular opinion but I’ll give it anyway

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I went Saturday for the first time in two years and enjoyed it immensely. A few observations. The music sucked. I can live with or without Don't Stop Believing but Sweet Dreams by the Eurithmics? That was pitiful. The food in the Scoreboard Club , where I've sat since its opening has really went downhill. The selections have shrunk and it was awful. I tried a couple of things because I was hungry and ended up throwing every bit of it in the garbage. Even the popcorn was inedible. Our offensive play calling is very unimaginative and predictable. A lot of people are blaming Will but he wasn't given much to work with. If my drunk *** can pretty much predict the next play then an actual coach must be licking his lips. I expected more people, power 5 school, perfect weather, night game. It was kinda embarrassing. They have improved the security and entering situation, I'll give them that.

Reactions: retire the banner

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
I had an awesome time all around in Starkville yesterday. It’s tough to beat the junction/DWS on gameday. Looking forward to doing it all over again this Saturday
I had a great time in the junction yesterday. The band they had playing was pretty good too. And I liked having the tvs showing other games as well. I'm jealous of you ******** who live in the Golden Triangle. I want to be there every weekend.

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
Hell, at this point I would be happy if we could just figure out how to make adjustments based on what our opponent does. Seemed like we were dead set on blitzing all second half and de Laura was content to watch us overpursue and then scramble for the first down or worse find the wide open receiver 15-20 yards downfield. Coach needs to be asking why we kept that going after getting burned over and over. And yeah, I agree our offense was predictable and largely subdued.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I had an awesome time all around in Starkville yesterday. It’s tough to beat the junction/DWS on gameday. Looking forward to doing it all over again this Saturday
The band at the Hailstate Tailgate was pretty good too. If the tailgate scene would buy into the band being there and turn their ****** speakers off, it would be a pretty good party prior to the game.

I would also argue, they need to have the band for after the game, to keep the atmosphere going.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I had a great time in the junction yesterday. The band they had playing was pretty good too. And I liked having the tvs showing other games as well. I'm jealous of you ******** who live in the Golden Triangle. I want to be there every weekend.
Living here has its advantages. I am going to make sure I get to the game this weekend by 7 am.

Aug 8, 2022
My Kid got a bad fever at 2PM Saturday so we pivoted from packing for the tailgate to packing for home. Up until that point Starkville scene/energy was great. Drinks were cheaper on my porch than would have been in DWS fwiw.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
If there is one thing, we are getting right, it's the Gameday atmosphere. The tailgating is legit. Now we have the bookstore, cheese store is always open, and a little known fact - besides the cotton district, it really isn't THAT far of a walk from campus to The Mill area - BWW, Chick Fila, Salsarita's, Jimmy John's and all that. We need more of that, we need more small restaurants right around campus.

This is another thing that is helping - the Triangle is growing. Jobs are there. The airport is growing. The rise in telework should help this as well. Sooner or later if enough people keep moving there, the schools are going to start turning around. But a lot of people are choosing to live out in the adjoining counties and have land.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaroonSadness99
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login