Unpopular opinion

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Dak AND Dallas need a proper coach. Period. McCarthy is the Packers' version of Dallas' Barry Switzer

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
You can't take a little criticism? You are the most negative 17er on this board outside of Irish. Your take is stupid. You are saying that nothing was on the line in 2014 until the Bama game and that's ridiculous. Every game is massive when you are undefeated in college football. Especially SEC West games against top 10 teams.
Tangible things, you idiot. Of course the games are meaningful. But when tangible things are directly on the line, it changes the dynamics. Any non-retarded person in our fanbase can tell you that things changed once we beat Auburn and became #1 (i.e. first in line for the playoffs had we held strong). Before that, we had nothing to lose, like I've said multiple times here.

Seriously, most of my talking points are above your simple wavelength. I'm not trying to be mean to you or anything, I mean I told you to quit arguing with me, and you even said you would.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I'll quit picking on him. I forget that some people probably take this really seriously.

ETA. Went upvoted Goat's last dozen or so posts to make him feel better. Even some weird **** about cannibalism.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019
The Dallas Cowboys have always been soft

Well, softer than the 1960's Green Bay Packers or the 1970's Pittsburgh Steelers, but the Cowboys have always had a reputation for not being tough.

The only time the Cowboys were the baddest boys in the room was when Jimmy Johnson was coaching them. Jerry Jones got jealous of Jimmy being so successful, so fired him.

As stated on this thread, the Cowboys went from being worth $150 million to $6.5 Billion...while only winning 2 playoff games since 1996. If Jones cared about winning a Super Bowl, he'd retire to his luxury box and goose the waitresses, while letting the professionals handle the player personnel and coaching decisions. Instead, he's happy with gear sales, sponsorships, and luxury-box seating.

Jerry Jones is Al Davis...post-2005.

Aug 3, 2019
Dak AND Dallas need a proper coach. Period. McCarthy is the Packers' version of Dallas' Barry Switzer
I agree that McCarthy is just a re-tread. However, McCarthy wasn't able to select his own coaching staff because Jerry Jones loves himself some Kellen Moore. From what I see, Kellen Moore is Jason Garrett 2.0.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Well, softer than the 1960's Green Bay Packers or the 1970's Pittsburgh Steelers, but the Cowboys have always had a reputation for not being tough.

The only time the Cowboys were the baddest boys in the room was when Jimmy Johnson was coaching them. Jerry Jones got jealous of Jimmy being so successful, so fired him.

As stated on this thread, the Cowboys went from being worth $150 million to $6.5 Billion...while only winning 2 playoff games since 1996. If Jones cared about winning a Super Bowl, he'd retire to his luxury box and goose the waitresses, while letting the professionals handle the player personnel and coaching decisions. Instead, he's happy with gear sales, sponsorships, and luxury-box seating.

Jerry Jones is Al Davis...post-2005.
It's an interesting phenomena for sure. I don't quite understand why the Cowboys are American's Team/most popular franchise/etc. I guess those Texas folks just love football that much.

coachnorm

Jul 23, 2015
It’s interesting how many average or young QBs make the SB compared to the highest paid QBs. Then you got the GOAT playing for about 2/3rd what these other guys make. You’ve got to wonder if there’s something to that, not always making every good QB the highest paid player when his contract is renewed.

The 2/3 rd salary concessions could very well be misleading when the GOAT's wife is at least 4 times wealthier than the GOAT. I bet Tom Craft made some stock investments to Gisele B to cover some salary cap considerations? Also a lot of TB money went off shore considering Gisele B is not an American citizen? Probably very literate with German/Swiss and Brazil/Cayman Island money game?

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Dak won't leave Dallas. Not unless owner snd coach decides to go a different direction.

Dak loves Dallas and grew up a fan. He is pretty at his home town team.

If he loved Dallas to the extent that he was hellbent on spending his entire career there, he would have signed a 10-year deal the likes of which Mahomes got (maybe not as much money, but similar structure). Lord knows Jerry would have offered it if it was on the table. Or maybe he would have done a team friendly 5-6 year deal. But no, he did the 4 year max money deal, so he could test the market again as soon as possible.

He may have no intent of leaving now. But a lot of **** can change in 4 years. Dak knows that, which is why he’s keeping all his options open.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I think a lot that was so he could get a higher deal from Dallas in 4 years as qbs get paid more and more.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
I agree that McCarthy is just a re-tread. However, McCarthy wasn't able to select his own coaching staff because Jerry Jones loves himself some Kellen Moore. From what I see, Kellen Moore is Jason Garrett 2.0.

A prime example that the problem is Jones.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
A prime example that the problem is Jones.

Exactly. Jones needs coaches who are essentially sockpuppets. Jerrah is the equiavlent of Puff Daddy (without the talent)

[video]https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.primogif.com%2Fp%2F1bKPZto97 dTnG&psig=AOvVaw2ftEbyQhcboNkwuYG8y5mv&ust=1642538722122000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAgQjRxqFwoTCJiJ8OTTufUCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD[/video]

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
I get your point but there wasn't anything on the line that day. We were basically underdogs with nothing to lose. Later in the year vs. Bama when the SEC West title and playoff was on the line, he threw 2 redzone picks. The next year the Egg Bowl was essentially for a Sugar Bowl berth (back when the bowls actually still mattered a little bit).

But even still, yeah he had to win the LSU/aTm/Auburn games to get into that position. Just didn't finish. That was Mullen's M-O too. That may be where he learned it.

It takes real effort to be this much of a tard

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login