unreal

patdog

May 28, 2007
Nope. The only mercy will be when Bianco decides to pull his starters. However, with a 25-man roster he won't be able to pull them all.

Rezreb

Mar 3, 2008
The way the sports gods treat us, you guys will have a 9th inning rally of our score plus 1.

jwbigcreek

Feb 26, 2008
Maybe they'll beat us 40-0. That ought to wake a few folks up. The CWS trip grew my wool back a little last year. UNF, UALR, Baylor, & now this has shorn it down to the skin.

patdog

May 28, 2007
No. The way the sports gods treat you, you'll host and lose yet another super regional this year. But you'll kick our *** at least 3 of the 4 times we play each other.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
afterward, your coach will go out and recruit like his life depends on it while our guy dreams up new complaints against The Man.

jwbigcreek

Feb 26, 2008
I would never feel that way. I just feel like there is no excuse for us to suck this bad (losing 2 to UNF, losing to UALR, getting swept by Baylor at home, & now getting skulldrugged by the Rebs). Also, I don't see anyway we can win this one, so I think I'd rather we get humiliated (but I doubt it will do any good).

Feb 24, 2008
And I will preface it will this, so you don't get too pissed. I played at Ole Miss from 93-95. I was a MLB scout for six years with a large organization after that. I am still an Ole Miss fan, but I have the utmost respect for what Mississippi State baseball is, and has been.

This team is, without question, the worst I have seen in my lifetime in Starkville, and it isn't close. They have one frontline SEC guy on the mound, and he is pitching in the pen. They have another adequate SEC arm in Pigott, who wouldn't be in the rotation at four other schools in the conference right now. That is it on the mound. Period.

The offense is decent, but not great by any means. Outside of Turner, I'm not sure who else would start at Ole Miss, Vandy, or USC on the current squad. This isn't a shot at the kids, just my personal opinion. With their pitching, they are going to need to average about 7 runs a game, and I don't see that happening. Yes, they are young, but that excuse only gets you so far.

It is amazing, and sad quite frankly, that Polk has let it get to the point he has. Yes.....I know he went to Omaha last season, but let's be honest. They played well for two weeks, and that is it. He is so determined to ***** about the NCAA and how they are out to get him, that he doesn't realize that he has pushed his program to a middle of the road SEC program. That is something I thought I would never see in my lifetime.

There are at least a dozen quality HC's out there right now that would jump at the chance to run the MSU program. However, it is day by day becoming less attractive. I know it was spring break and the SEC tourney is today, but today's crowd was the smallest I have ever seen for an SEC game in Starkville. Im not sure there were 2000 people there, and 500 of them were Ole Miss fans. I have always had a deep respect for Coach Polk and what he means to SEC baseball, but if he can't see the writing on the wall that it is time for him to go, then he needs to be shown the door. I know State doesn't want to do that, but how much further can they let it sink? With the players they have on campus now, they are at least two recruiting classes from being truly competitive again, and I don't think Polk has a prayer of bringing the players in that it would take to get it turned around.</p>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login