Programs not being held down by NIL

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Thought this was interesting. Unusual suspects doing well in an era we all mostly cry about being unfair. Without looking at their rosters, my guess is these teams have veteran rosters with little turnover.

Anyone aware of any stats or data that exists that evaluate that by program? We may be quickly entering an era where experience and team rapport are more valuable than the talent you can access by throwing money at it. Talent is great, but only if it all pulls in the same direction. Much harder to do that with a high roster turnover EVERY year.

Or maybe they all just have easy schedules.

Reactions: patdog

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Thought this was interesting. Unusual suspects doing well in an era we all mostly cry about being unfair. Without looking at their rosters, my guess is these teams have veteran rosters with little turnover.

Anyone aware of any stats or data that exists that evaluate that by program? We may be quickly entering an era where experience and team rapport are more valuable than the talent you can access by throwing money at it. Talent is great, but only if it all pulls in the same direction. Much harder to do that with a high roster turnover EVERY year.

I’d say without a ton of research except Indiana A. They are playing teams with roughly the same amount of talent or worse so NIL isn’t just an huge issue and B. Coaching still matters.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’d say without a ton of research except Indiana A. They are playing teams with roughly the same amount of talent or worse so NIL isn’t just an huge issue and B. Coaching still matters.
Also, Indiana has played 0 ranked teams so far. And won't until Nov. 9.

Reactions: 8dog

Dogdazey

Nov 16, 2012

I noticed that zero of these schools were in the SEC...

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008

Indiana brought in 31 transfers, 13 of them were from James Madison at his previous school, coming off their best season in program history. So they knew the coach and the system.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login