Update on Where our team is compared to the nation

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I saw a guy post this from TR and started following it. They only calculate games played between FBS. You play an FCS and they remove it from the totals.

We are now 96th in FBS play in scoring offense. 21.9 points per game. That's down 8 points per game from last year. We are in last place in the SEC.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/points-per-game?date=2023-10-29

Now let's move to scoring offense vs SEC. For that, I will use ESPN. We are scoring on average 15 points per game in SEC play this year.

Total Offense: Tied for 91st
Passing offense: 101st
Rushing offense: 71st

Total D: 64th
Rushing D: 53rd
Passing efficiency defense: 120th (with 8 four star DBs)

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I saw a guy post this from TR and started following it. They only calculate games played between FBS. You play an FCS and they remove it from the totals.

We are now 96th in FBS play in scoring offense. 21.9 points per game. That's down 8 points per game from last year. We are in last place in the SEC.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/points-per-game?date=2023-10-29

Now let's move to scoring offense vs SEC. For that, I will use ESPN. We are scoring on average 15 points per game in SEC play this year.

The problem with the dbs is our lack of pressure. We’re not disrupting plays. This is what happens when the offense is allowed to let plays develop.

I’m not giving them a 100% pass. Just saying the bulk of the problem is we allow the qb to get comfortable in the pocket.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
It's pretty surprising, if not shocking, that there are 60 defenses worse than this one. They have been awful with the one exception of the Arkansas game

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
The problem with the dbs is our lack of pressure. We’re not disrupting plays. This is what happens when the offense is allowed to let plays develop.

I’m not giving them a 100% pass. Just saying the bulk of the problem is we allow the qb to get comfortable in the pocket.
This is exactly why the egg bowl will be a bloodbath this year. You give Dart time in the pocket and he may not have an incompletion. And their receivers know how to get wide open

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

You aren't making an excuse. You are right. The fact is the play calling has been bad on Defense. We have not seen the kinds of blitzing that we did last year.

If you can't get pressure within a 3 second window, blitz from your speed. Your CBs and Safeties. Be more creative

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
I expected the offense to take a big step backwards this year - the defense, not so much. And yet, here we are (and I can't even say that our defense is good until they get tired from being on the field so much).

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020

Wait, wait, wait. Are you sayin we aren’t good?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login