US Oil Production..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
The chart I added to this conversation was my attempt to help show that there is not some easy 1 to 1 direct relationship between Party affiliation and gas price.

W- Republican in every sense of the word who was even from Oil Country, and gas prices rose thru his 8 years. Adjusted for inflation, prices when he left were crazy high.

Obama- Democrat that spoke about green energy and was accused of hating Big Oil, and gas prices rise then fell in his 8 years.

Trump- Republican? that claimed all sorts of things about how he was great for Big Oil(but didn't claim anything about being good for users of oil), and gas prices were higher when he left than they were when Obama left.

Biden- Democrat, and prices are straight up high, just like most everything. Coming out of an excessive number of years with low inflation and low interest kinda impacts things a bit. Domestic production is up under him, apparently.

There is no direct correlation between the party that is sitting in the oval office and the price of gas. If there were, then it would always consistently fall under R and rise under D.
Crazy- but outside influences exist and also impact the price of gas. Each of the 4 presidents I mentioned have had to deal with these outside influences.
War, financial collapse, recession, war, pandemic, recession, war.
Wild that outside factors can influence things, right?
Bet you 'still believe that Trump colluded with Russia on the 2016 election.

Being delusional must be an interesting ride.

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Bet you 'still believe that Trump colluded with Russia on the 2016 election.

Being delusional must be an interesting ride.
What in my post is delusional? I typed accurate info about each president and typed historically accurate things. It was analytical more than opinionated.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Does the truth not fit your perception?
What are you talking about? You posted that gas went up 3 years ago between fillups.
OK, sure. I know it increased and have not said or suggested otherwise.

Your example doesn't prove or disprove anything that has been said in this thread.
I posted that comment to acknowledge you while offering up no response because no response was needed since the post had nothing that furthered the conversation.

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
I don't think so. Let's put it this way: again, refinery capacity doubled without a new refinery being built. While it is plausible that red tape is hindering construction of new refineries, it is not plausible that red tape is hindering increasing capacity at existing ones, because we have already observed it massively happen.
You think so?! You’re arguing with someone with the benefit of not having to guess. The permitting and govt agency involvement required for any type of capacity increase, debottleneck, “rate creep” is rigorous. And I’m not saying it shouldn’t be.

These requirements push back against activities to increase capacity constantly. Excessively? I won’t debate that. But the red tape is significant and ever-present.

What’s scary is that people read your crap and may actually repeat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login