USC vs Clemson QB 2022

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I'll agree with you on the current QB at Clemson, but I wasn't assuming he would still be around by late October. e.g. Rattler last year at OU.

Agreed. I watched the first half the clemson spring game this past weekend. I don't think the dj kid is the starter by mid season.

Probably one of those 4 games in kind of decisions, so he can redshirt and transfer.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Agreed. I watched the first half the clemson spring game this past weekend. I don't think the dj kid is the starter by mid season.

Probably one of those 4 games in kind of decisions, so he can redshirt and transfer.

I've got some Clemson friends who were at the spring game and they aren't sold on Cade taking over this year. Their overall analysis was that he's probably going to be better than DJ in the long run, but not close to Watson/Lawrence. I was sort of surprised as I assumed DJ was destined for the portal, but they still think he's their best option.

Like you say, though, maybe that'll change a few games into the season.

funktavious

Joined Mar 20, 2002
Jan 31, 2022
I've got some Clemson friends who were at the spring game and they aren't sold on Cade taking over this year. Their overall analysis was that he's probably going to be better than DJ in the long run, but not close to Watson/Lawrence. I was sort of surprised as I assumed DJ was destined for the portal, but they still think he's their best option.

If he's their best option then they might be in some trouble. They are still going to be strong on defense since those guys came back. What is it up there that keeps those guys from jumping to the NFL when the opportunity arises? With their DC leaving we will eventually see some slippage but I don't expect much of it this year but I do think we will give them a much better game this year. Last season we were heavily dependent on running the football. Our offense operated so much better when we could get yardage on the ground. It opened up the pass. If we couldn't run we were never able to pass either. I think with Rattler and the additions at receiver, our offense will be much improved.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022

I find that really surprising. The young kid looked at least as good as dj, (imho) and he's been on campus for 3 months.

I guess I'm assuming improvement over the summer and with fall camp. I think Dj is done improving.

Edit: I realized I should clarify. I'm not talking him being the next watson/Lawrence. I'm just saying he's an improvement over that dj kid. But that bar is really low.

Last edited:

Carolina Steve

Joined Sep 1, 2006 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 22, 2022
Having watched some of their spring game, Ukelele stares down receivers. He does not seem to have a plus arm. The other kid was better but neither was a Fabio. I don't think their receivers looked very good either. They are beatable. Add in no Vegetables to adjust the D and they are very beatable

Reactions: GamecockWarrior

Rus4USC

Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 17, 2022
It will be a severe disappointment if Rattler isn't any better than DJ. I'm not expecting a Heisman, but DJ is a fairly low bar. Could be the first time since Shaw that we've had a better QB than them. Been a while.
DJ will be on the bench after two games just like Kelly Bryant was replaced by the 5 star freshman!

Last edited:

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
My remark was addressed to the specific question in the OP. That the kid with the funny name beat us like a drum last season has nothing to do with it.
I knOw what you meant, and I just threw in the fact that the kid with a funny name beat us like a drum. Which is sadly factual.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I knOw what you meant, and I just threw in the fact that the kid with a funny name beat us like a drum. Which is sadly factual.
I sat there and watched it. They beat us by using formations to spread us out and then ran over us. Using that tactic, they would have won the game with Elmer Fudd at quarterback.

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
No, he didn't. 9/19 for 99 yards 0 TDs and 1 INT.

Their running backs and place kicked beat us. DJ was terrible.
That’s fine is you want to word smith around reality. He was the winning qb, how’s thAt, that qb’d the team that beat the soul out of us. You happy now?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login