USCw must be paying Woody Marks a lot of NIL $$..

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Despite recent past. USC is a blue blood program. Woody played with a broken body most of his career at msu and played in a system for three years not made for him and rarely had the ball handed to him and then 1 year that just used him as a battering ram as a smaller back with a terrible scheme. Hate he isn't with msu but USC could make play offs this year. Defense looks much improved for the Trojans.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Dude was running with a crowbar taped to his leg his last game for us.
Sour grapes and bad memories
I'll never forget our loss at Memphis. Woody and Will were hurting Memphis with the safety valve pass to him in the flats. And then Memphis adjusted to dedicate a LB and/or DE to take that play away from us.....and they sort of did. Those 2 Memphis players damn near beat Woody to a pulp. I've never seen him hit so hard. He could barely get up and limp off the field. To Woody's credit, he kept getting up and going back into the game. Then the Memphis DE got an open shot at him and laid the wood big time. I think it took a couple of our trainers to come out, lift him up, and help him walk off the field. Don't think he ever came back in after that waylaying. Glad to see him looking strong tonight and came up with the big TD to take out one of my most hated teams. Sometimes I can't remember who I hate worse LSU or Ole Miss. I guess Ole Miss since they're in state, but a lot of the LSU fans are some of the most vulgar-profane-sick fans I've ever encountered.

TNT.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Tonight is the first time I can remember him being tough enough to finish a game.
The dude only had 16 carries vs LSU because USC has other weapons. When Woody was at MSU, he was the only weapon we had and it wasn’t uncommon for him to get 20+ carries every game not to mention catching passes out of the backfield. Woody was a warrior for us.

JoeSchmedlap

May 28, 2023
Despite recent past. USC is a blue blood program. Woody played with a broken body most of his career at msu and played in a system for three years not made for him and rarely had the ball handed to him and then 1 year that just used him as a battering ram as a smaller back with a terrible scheme. Hate he isn't with msu but USC could make play offs this year. Defense looks much improved for the Trojans.
Playoffs? You talking about playoffs?

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We are a farm team.
In the new era of college ball yes. It's why it's hard to get hyped about msu football. Our players go on to leave and play for teams that have an actual shot of playoffs. Unless lebby can develop is enough to be competitive and convince guys to stay long term

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The dude only had 16 carries vs LSU because USC has other weapons. When Woody was at MSU, he was the only weapon we had and it wasn’t uncommon for him to get 20+ carries every game not to mention catching passes out of the backfield. Woody was a warrior for us.
I would say under leach he probably got less actual carrries in a game but got a lot of passes on screens and stuff. With arnett Barbay he got murdered as a small back running into the butt if gaurd tackle. With Riley it's modified so he gets touches as carries but it's more balanced spread so he has space to run with the ball.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
He's playing in a modern offensive scheme after years of BS here. He also only had 68 yards on only 16 carries. He's not a 20+ carry guy but he'd be the best here if he had stayed.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login