USM Fans— QB Situation

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Since our game was in a rain delay and I had money on the USM game, I flipped over to watch y’all.

How has Hall not found a 2nd string QB? Keyes got knocked out of the game, so Hall just ran the wildcat for the rest of the game.

I know he was put in a bad spot last year with his QB situation but it’s inexcusable not to have a backup in year 2.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Since our game was in a rain delay and I had money on the USM game, I flipped over to watch y’all.

How has Hall not found a 2nd string QB? Keyes got knocked out of the game, so Hall just ran the wildcat for the rest of the game.

I know he was put in a bad spot last year with his QB situation but it’s inexcusable not to have a backup in year 2.

They should've gotten a transfer to start and let Keyes backup. Keyes isn't ready yet either.

blackjackdog3

Aug 23, 2012
Myles Brennan flirted with going to USM all last spring. He should have gone there and thrown for 4000 yards. Now he’s done with football.

Hall has to get a QB that can at least manage the game.

MSUSaint15

Oct 18, 2020
They brought in the backup and the first play they call is a go-route against LU’s top cornerback with safety help over the top. Not sure if the QB just didn’t go through his progressions or if they wanted to take an unexpected shot but the DB made a great play.

wpmusm

Dec 1, 2014
Hall thought he had Myles Brennan lined up, but Kelly slithered him back to LSU.

You're right though. In this era of transfers, he needed to find someone that has a track record of literally just being able to complete a pass in college football. Hell, South Al got the QB2 from Toledo and he put up big numbers against a pretty decent FCS team.

It's a bummer because they did bring enough transfers at other positions to where an average G5 QB could win 6-7 games and have us in a bowl.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
It’s not just an issue of not having a backup QB, they don’t even have a decent starting QB. Keyes was awful before he got hurt, three INT’s in the first half.

They have put Keyes in a rough spot in terms of his development. I know some of it has been out of a lack of options but this kid was playing at a 2A high school two years ago. Ideally you shouldn’t be starting a kid like that until around his third year on campus. They had him starting at Bama last year.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
It looked like 1A High School ball.

Frank Gore, Jr is a stud, but unless you’re playing Presbyterian every week, you’re not going to win many games in constant wildcat/superback.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
It looked like 1A High School ball.

Frank Gore, Jr is a stud, but unless you’re playing Presbyterian every week, you’re not going to win many games in constant wildcat/superback.

I read this as Presbyterian Christian.

13thEagle

Feb 1, 2016
It’s not just an issue of not having a backup QB, they don’t even have a decent starting QB. Keyes was awful before he got hurt, three INT’s in the first half.

They have put Keyes in a rough spot in terms of his development. I know some of it has been out of a lack of options but this kid was playing at a 2A high school two years ago. Ideally you shouldn’t be starting a kid like that until around his third year on campus. They had him starting at Bama last year.
I think we will see Zach Wilcke who is a freshman from hernado this week.
The backup actually started the 1st 2 games last year. He looked horrible against south ala. Got hurt in game 2 when Keys took over.

His granddad Woodrow lowe played at Bama and with the Chargers.

We knew we were gonna see the package with Gore some. Your old player Dean will end up being a solid no 2 back.

The spot keys was put in last year was compounded by the line being horrible. Its improved with a coaching change and transfers.
Its kinda ironic that his injury was against freezus. 2 years ago we had a qb targeted against them and he never played again. Hit was just as late.
Despite the qb spot, i thought we showed alot improvement.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login