UT and USC in a tight one

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think his Friday stat is only for the last 11 Friday games TN has played in the tournament. Because they've made it to 6 semi-finals and 2 finals (winning 1) since the tournament was re-started in 1979.</p>

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
Not that it will happen, but today is a good example of how you beat Tennessee.

1) Have them shoot 6-23 (.273) from 3 point line
2) Have them have 13 team fouls in the second half to your teams 5, and make lots of free throws. USC has shot 26 ft, Tennessee 12.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
I don't know if you were being a smartass on the second part or not, but Tennessee goes from elite team down to very good team when the refs aren't letting them get away with hand checking.

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
letting Lofton get wide open and set like that.

Even worse inbounds play at the end.

Oh well - valiant effort

Reminded me of TN's efforst in the NCAA effort where Lofton bails them out of a near upset in the early rounds

M

MasterDawg

Also, does the damn Tennessee music department not have any other music than the chorus to Rocky Top. That gets so damn annoying. It is like a school rule you have to play Rocky Top and no other music at every break. Not to mention their own damn fans don't know the words.

ChatGPT

Apr 24, 2006
Derailing a thread about a basketball game into talking about a fight song.

patdog

May 28, 2007
You don't lose a #1 seed by winning games. Especially not when you're the #1 overall seed.

AceLeroy

Aug 30, 2006
Irondawg said:
letting Lofton get wide open and set like that.

Even worse inbounds play at the end.

Oh well - valiant effort

Reminded me of TN's efforst in the NCAA effort where Lofton bails them out of a near upset in the early rounds

I watched the replay on DVR and SoCar had a guy coming up the right side of the lane to pick up Lofton and he was simply grabbed and taken to the floor by a UT player. If you get a chance to see the replay watch for it.</p>

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login