UT remaining shedual is UK and FL..............

cutbaitdawg

Feb 24, 2008
...if they lose both and we win 3 of 4.....outright for the Dawgs. Midshot..but it can happen.

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
Tennessee beat us. If they lose two and we lose one that makes both of us 12-4 and they still get it. We need to win out and they need to lose 2 more. Kentucky would need to lose one more also.

1984Dawg

Feb 23, 2008
yeah, for the sake of this little scenario, UK would be 10-3 with Ole Miss and Florida at home and SC on the road. They're not likely to lose more than one of those 3, so at best there'd be a 3 way tie at 12-4, assuming Vanderbilt loses another(@Ark, vs MSU, @Bama).

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Nobody is saying we will win the SEC outright. People are saying we have an outside shot at it, which is something that happens very rarely for MState. Before 2004 we hadn't won an outright SEC title in 40 years. We hadn't shared one since 1991. At MSU we have to recognize things while they last because things like this rarely happen. You're too concerned with waiting on us to fail to enjoy the fact that we are having a good season.

We were 5-5 back in December. Now we have set ourselves up for a NCAA bid, we have a 2 game lead in the West, and we have an outside shot at the overall SEC title. Seriously, if you can't be happy you should leave because things don't get much better than this at MSU.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
A co-sec championship is better than no co-sec championship. And, as our Rebel friends will remind us, the trophy looks the same whether we tie or win outright.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
on the road. You are forgetting that Vandy is a totally different team in Memorial Gym. That place is tough to play. UT crushed Vandy in Knoxville, but they lost to them in Nashville. UK beat Vandy in double OT in Lexington but got beat by 40 in Nashville. Your team is good enough to beat them, but it's going to be a big task playing them at Memorial.

Dawgbreeze

Jun 11, 2007
I agree. I don't actualy think they are a great team other than Foster can really score, but they are some kind of tough in Nashville.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
Quote:_________________________________________________You are a sad person_________________________________________________

How am I sad because I realize we have almost no chance to win at Vandy? Its called being realistic. Should we pull off a huge win, i'll be completely stoked. But I'm not going to get my hopes up for no reason.

What we are doing right now is great. But if you will think back before the season, this type of season was pretty much expected. Most predictions had us winning 10 SEC games. We are meeting expectations even though we underachieved pre-conference.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
That's my thinking as well. Vandy is a good team, but not a great team and is certainly beatable by MSU, but for some reason they play lights out in their gym.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login