Vandy beats UTenn on last second 3

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Great finish. Vandy had to foul like 5 straight times to send UT to the line. UT passed on an open layup which ultimately cost them the game. Tough break for that kid.

Reactions: onewoof

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022

Should have never gotten to this point. Vandy had a 3 pt. lead and was fouled on 2 occasions where the refs swallowed their whistle to the benefit of UT. Then of course the little pin headed prick, Vescovi, goes down and ties the game on a long lucky rebound and a 3. Almost like the refs were saying, "hey, lets look the other way so UT can still have a chance for a #1 or #2 seed", So glad the Dores' took them down. I was raised in Middle TN and always watched Vandy game replays after the 10 pm news. While I'm not a overall Vandy fan, I did like their basketball team. And my older sister was friends with forward Lee Fowler who was our hometown prep star.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006

The best part about that is that Vandy actually used a dribble-drive to drew a defender and then passed to the open man. One of the things I absolutely loathe about the way basketball is played these days is that 9 times out of 10, the guy with the ball is just going to jack up a wild shot instead of working to find a better one.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login