Venu - Sports Streaming

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I know there has been talk of an ESPN app for sports only, but I didn't realize that it was a joint venture type deal. I also thought it was coming out next year for some reason. Anyway - $42.99 per month and released Sept 2024.

This is a separate service. Venu is similar to Hulu with ESPN/Disney, WBD/Max, and Fox coming together to create a sports-focused streaming service. Next year, ESPN will release its own standalone service with only ESPN/ABC/ESPN2/ESPNU/SECN/ACCN channels.

I'm not sure if that $42.99 price point is great or not. Seems high as a start because you just know it will be $50+ by next year. Makes me think the ESPN standalone service will be in the $25-$30 range. Since they'll carry all of the SEC games, that's all I really need.

Reactions: woozman

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
This is a separate service. Venu is similar to Hulu with ESPN/Disney, WBD/Max, and Fox coming together to create a sports-focused streaming service. Next year, ESPN will release its own standalone service with only ESPN/ABC/ESPN2/ESPNU/SECN/ACCN channels.

I'm not sure if that $42.99 price point is great or not. Seems high as a start because you just know it will be $50+ by next year. Makes me think the ESPN standalone service will be in the $25-$30 range. Since they'll carry all of the SEC games, that's all I really need.
Ahhhh - thanks. I guess in the short term $42.99 is better than $72.99 for YouTube TV if all you watch is sports.

Reactions: Dawgg

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Ahhhh - thanks. I guess in the short term $42.99 is better than $72.99 for YouTube TV if all you watch is sports.

They better have Los Nueve and Los Diez thrown in if that's the price. Ouch.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login