Wait, so we have one of the worst QB performances of all time and Irish

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Noodle arm belongs in the dink and dunk air raid. It’s not his fault that he is being forced to play an offense that does not suit him. We have failed him.
Absolutely right we need to run and pound the ball just like we have for the last 50 years. We have so many hanging banners and league championships living by the run. I don't see why we would think we can throw the ball. If we hurry, we can get one of our old RTGDB Offensive Coordinators to run this ship correctly.

For everyone else: We decided to take a team that threw 80% of the time and change our strategy of play calling to a run-70 %, pass 30%; somehow, I thought we wouldn't have any problems just because we had an experienced team throwing the ball. We also thought we could take our returning quarterback, who stood still in the pocket since high school and in college for 10,000 yards, then make him start running and throwing without having any issues.

I am looking forward to the day you have someone other than Will to finally blame for the **** show we have on the field. Don't worry, I will remind you. Wouldn't matter that he can't play quarterback or not. This team is awful. We can change quarterbacks, but that won't change the team. What will you have to deal with this season and wait till next year to make a change, or wait to see if we can run this new system.

If it were me, I'd bring in Parsons more @ QB and deal with our lumps to get him used to playing. Knowing our luck the Dead Injuns would take his knee out in the first game

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Absolutely right we need to run and pound the ball just like we have for the last 50 years. We have so many hanging banners and league championships living by the run. I don't see why we would think we can throw the ball. If we hurry, we can get one of our old RTGDB Offensive Coordinators to run this ship correctly.

For everyone else: We decided to take a team that threw 80% of the time and change our strategy of play calling to a run-70 %, pass 30%; somehow, I thought we wouldn't have any problems just because we had an experienced team throwing the ball. We also thought we could take our returning quarterback, who stood still in the pocket since high school and in college for 10,000 yards, then make him start running and throwing without having any issues.

I am looking forward to the day you have someone other than Will to finally blame for the **** show we have on the field. Don't worry, I will remind you. Wouldn't matter that he can't play quarterback or not. This team is awful. We can change quarterbacks, but that won't change the team. What will you have to deal with this season and wait till next year to make a change, or wait to see if we can run this new system.

If it were me, I'd bring in Parsons more @ QB and deal with our lumps to get him used to playing. Knowing our luck the Dead Injuns would take his knee out in the first game
You can say a lot of things but saying that Noodle Concrete Feet stands still in the pocket is fake news. He is pissing his pants and crouching into a ball before a d lineman gets within a yard of him.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Parson for Heisman! Seriously, we need to give the guy some reps. If he falls on his face then put Rogers or Wright back in. With NIL, there is no assurance that Parson will be back next year, so I say use'm while you got them.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Doesn’t give us a noodle arm thread? Our QB accounted for 78 yards of offense. That may have been a worse performance against LSU than Henig.
Aren’t you friends irl? You shouldn’t encourage your friends when they are being dumb.

Reactions: NTDawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Doesn’t give us a noodle arm thread? Our QB accounted for 78 yards of offense. That may have been a worse performance against LSU than Henig.
Disagree. Henig had one game against LSU where their DB’s had 78 yards receiving and 78 more yards after the catch.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I also noticed that we have a line that can't pass protect or run block well, receivers that can't get any separation vs quality competition and can't catch balls that actually do hit them in the hands, and an offensive coaching staff that has mostly failed at getting a decent group of athletes ready to at least compete with more talented squads.

Focus on Will if you want, he had a very bad game, but at least try to be even handed with the criticism. Many others deserve it.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

Don't waste your time. The hatred for Will is palpable. Unfortunately, we have fans with low football IQ.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I also noticed that we have a line that can't pass protect or run block well, receivers that can't get any separation vs quality competition and can't catch balls that actually do hit them in the hands, and an offensive coaching staff that has mostly failed at getting a decent group of athletes ready to at least compete with more talented squads.

Focus on Will if you want, he had a very bad game, but at least try to be even handed with the criticism. Many others deserve it.
We aren't a very good football team right now. Defense or offense.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Don't waste your time. The hatred for Will is palpable. Unfortunately, we have fans with low football IQ.
Most of the fans on this board don't hate Will, I'm sure most everybody thinks he's a nice guy and represents MSU well, but nice guys don't always finish first. You might have noticed State plays in the SEC a premier conference in NCAA football and its teams must display a high level of talent to be competitive. That high level of competence starts with the QB. Will as an Air Raid QB was serviceable and his limitations were mostly masked by the scheme. Unfortunately, that advantage is lost on an RPO scheme. Even a pro style scheme needs a high pass accuracy and some mobility. I think everybody sees that we have performance issues in many different areas but the QB is the heart and soul of the team and most teams will play above their pay grade for a competent QB. Sure, changing out the QB won't solve all issues but it can be a shot in the arm real quick to a team that is under achieving.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I know pretty well. I was at the school during the great days of Todd Jordan, Greg Plump, Derrick Taite, Kevin Fant, Kyle York, Micheal Henig, and Chris Relf. I find it quite amusing that they talk to me like I have not seen and cannot recognize the quality of a sub-par college quarterback.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
When they did the kiss cam, they should have just put it on the bench where the starters were sitting in between offense and defensive series because they were soft yesterday.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I know pretty well. I was at the school during the great days of Todd Jordan, Greg Plump, Derrick Taite, Kevin Fant, Kyle York, Micheal Henig, and Chris Relf. I find it quite amusing that they talk to me like I have not seen and cannot recognize the quality of a sub-par college quarterback.

Chris Relf played above his talent level. I would say much like Will in the right offense to suite his abilities. Relf could pass just enough to keep some defenses honest. But he could also kill you on the the run. Will in the leach air raid could on the right day stack a lot of yards with a lot of attempts. Much like AD stacked a lot of yards with all the rush attempts he had at State.

the rest of the guys you mentioned were not that good at all. I might would argue fant with leach might have had high numbers passing.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
the rest of the guys you mentioned were not that good at all. I might would argue fant with leach might have had high numbers passing.
Fant was one of the best QBs we ever had. He beat OM with Eli and then Jackie split line coaching responsibility. Eli went pro and Fant went to work at a grocery store.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Most of the fans on this board don't hate Will, I'm sure most everybody thinks he's a nice guy and represents MSU well, but nice guys don't always finish first. You might have noticed State plays in the SEC a premier conference in NCAA football and its teams must display a high level of talent to be competitive. That high level of competence starts with the QB. Will as an Air Raid QB was serviceable and his limitations were mostly masked by the scheme. Unfortunately, that advantage is lost on an RPO scheme. Even a pro style scheme needs a high pass accuracy and some mobility. I think everybody sees that we have performance issues in many different areas but the QB is the heart and soul of the team and most teams will play above their pay grade for a competent QB. Sure, changing out the QB won't solve all issues but it can be a shot in the arm real quick to a team that is under achieving.
Just say you hate him for his performance this season and quit with the, " he's a nice guy * hit." It will make y'all feel better to just say you hate him. That is what I'm reading from your comments. This is on the coaches but y'all gotta blame a player so have a hate party and quit trying to act like "he's a nice guy."

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Fant was one of the best QBs we ever had. He beat OM with Eli and then Jackie split line coaching responsibility. Eli went pro and Fant went to work at a grocery store.
I'm saying that had he been with leach there might not be a "will is record holder" convo. Fant was not that bad in the worst of the Jackie years. Fant in leaches offense would have put up a lot of big passing numbers . Especially in that time frame

Reactions: 60sdog

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Quit beating around the bush and say, "I hate Will".
I don’t hate Will. I think he played really well against Arizona. I also think he tries his *** off. I can’t hate a guy that is physically limited but still gives his all. It’s the Dontae Walker’s of the world that I can’t stand

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I don’t hate Will. I think he played really well against Arizona. I also think he tries his *** off. I can’t hate a guy that is physically limited but still gives his all. It’s the Dontae Walker’s of the world that I can’t stand
Some on here couldn't stand him when he was setting records. The same people couldn't stand the air raid or Leach for bringing it to State. They are the "run the ball" folks. I like the passing game so I was happy with it along with seeing our record improving.
We will see what the coaches do against Carolina. My bet is Will stays at QB. I stand by my opinion that this is a bigger coaching issue than a Will issue. Will didn't give up 41 points.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Some on here couldn't stand him when he was setting records. The same people couldn't stand the air raid or Leach for bringing it to State. They are the "run the ball" folks. I like the passing game so I was happy with it along with seeing our record improving.
We will see what the coaches do against Carolina. My bet is Will stays at QB. I stand by my opinion that this is a bigger coaching issue than a Will issue. Will didn't give up 41 points.
I don’t care if we run Maryland I or Run N Shoot or Air Raid as long as we put 35+ points on the board. If it means Will throwing 35 screen passes for the rest of the year, or if it means Mike Wright running a ground heavy RPO, all I care about is points. That is why I wasn’t a huge fan of all the praise the Air Raid got in 21. We put up video game passing stats but we averaged less PPG than most Mullen teams when CFB is scoring more.

Reactions: CoastRat.sixpack
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login