Wake Forest transfer Nick Sharpe IOL

Bubba Fett

Joined Oct 6, 2000
Feb 1, 2022
2,243
2,170
113
Anybody know anything about him? You can never have too many decent OL, but I was thinking our OL for next year was probably set with what we have coming back and coming up. I don't think we would bring this guy in unless they think he will be a starter. IDK?
 

18IsTheMan

Heisman
Oct 1, 2014
20,744
17,639
113
I'm sure nobody here follows Wake enough to know anything this guy. Per portal rankings, whatever those mean, he's about middle of the pack. Could just be bringing him in for depth.

What we have coming back next year didn't do all that great this year, though.
 

PrestonyteParrot

All-Conference
May 28, 2024
3,216
3,188
113
Anybody know anything about him? You can never have too many decent OL, but I was thinking our OL for next year was probably set with what we have coming back and coming up. I don't think we would bring this guy in unless they think he will be a starter. IDK?
If nothing else, he's a motivator for the returning OLinemen to step it up a notch.
 

muscleknight

Senior
Mar 25, 2001
1,108
935
113
The question I have been asking through different head coaches is how a 300 lb+ OL can block so poorly. It hasn't mattered who the HC is/was the OL has been lousy.
 

Bubba Fett

Joined Oct 6, 2000
Feb 1, 2022
2,243
2,170
113
The question I have been asking through different head coaches is how a 300 lb+ OL can block so poorly. It hasn't mattered who the HC is/was the OL has been lousy.

The big guys who are quicker and more athletic are on defense. Everybody has size on the OL. It's getting guys that can bend and move, and be quick enough to cut off those DL.

Of course, I also think it has a LOT to do with coaching. As Steve Logan used to say... being a good O-lineman was learning the art of being run-over-slowly.
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football South Carolina football extends record sellout streak
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Baseball Jack's Mailbag Ep. 63: Answering your latest South Carolina baseball questions
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football An updated look at South Carolina football's top roster talent in the On3 Impact Rankings
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Womens Basketball South Carolina women's basketball: How the Gamecocks' "point guard by committee" looked against College of Charleston
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football Defensive coordinator Clayton White details "frustrating" lack of turnovers for South Carolina, challenges unit to respond well