Wake Forest

patdog

May 28, 2007
Looks weak against good competition. If today is any indication, they won’t touch Skenes. I won’t be able to stomach watching an LSU Florida finals.
They beat LSU first time around. They're obviously a very good team. But yeah, it's hard to see them doing anything against Skenes. It's looking like an all-SEC final for the 4th time in 12 years.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Looks weak against good competition. If today is any indication, they won’t touch Skenes. I won’t be able to stomach watching an LSU Florida finals.

They came into the tournament as the clear #1. Then they completely dominated their Regional and Super.

Now they've won their first two in the CWS and finally lost a game and that translates to they look weak against good competition?

Hard to argue with that logic.**

LSU may knock them out, but it won't be because they're weak.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
They mentioned during the broadcast that an SEC team has been in the championship series 14 of the past 15 seasons (State has been 2 of those) and won 8 (State has been 1 of those). Unreal.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Tell me that ump won't be rewarded for helping sell another CWS TV game. Meet me back here next year and I'll show you what I mean.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

patdog

May 28, 2007
They mentioned during the broadcast that an SEC team has been in the championship series 14 of the past 15 seasons (State has been 2 of those) and won 8 (State has been 1 of those). Unreal.
And with Texas & Oklahoma, expect the next 15 season to be even more dominant.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

What's even more unreal is the number of different programs represented. 8 by my count. MSU, UM, Vandy, Arky, LSU, Florida, USC, Georgia.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That's why the standard should be Omaha. If you aren't setting it that you might as well not be in the sec because you aren't near the top of the sec if you aren't Omaha material

So if you're not near the top of the SEC you shouldn't be in the SEC? Somebody's gotta be near the bottom and still stay or it's a pretty small conference pretty quick.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
So if you're not near the top of the SEC you shouldn't be in the SEC? Somebody's gotta be near the bottom and still stay or it's a pretty small conference pretty quick.
If you aren't stating in the top half you might as well not even try. The standard shouldn't be regionals. It should be Omaha. The fact that it's always an sec team in the finals last 10 years that should be the goal.

Anon1685243368

May 27, 2023
They beat LSU first time around. They're obviously a very good team. But yeah, it's hard to see them doing anything against Skenes. It's looking like an all-SEC final for the 4th time in 12 years.
It’s a reflection on the CWS field this year. LSU is really not that good. Their pitching is not good. Consider what we did against them. Other than against Skenes, we hammered their pitching, and took two of three in Baton Rouge, as bad as we were. It has been surprising to see them even make the CWS, much less advance as far as they have.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
It’s a reflection on the CWS field this year. LSU is really not that good. Their pitching is not good. Consider what we did against them. Other than against Skenes, we hammered their pitching, and took two of three in Baton Rouge, as bad as we were. It has been surprising to see them even make the CWS, much less advance as far as they have.
LSU losing twice to us doesn’t mean anything except baseball is a funny game. The year we won the natty, we lost two out of three at home to a Missouri team that finished with a 15-36 overall record. Sometimes teams just have a bad weekend. LSU is one win away from playing for a natty, but they’re “not that good.” Classic SPS logic.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
share discover GIF

Reactions: patdog

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I think the last 3 teams playing are clearly the best 3 teams in the country.
Waiting to see the LSU bullpen continue to over perform. They lost 2 that would have made it much easier to go all the way. Still kinda want to see Wake win it all for obvious reasons

Reactions: Ghostman

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Nobody thought we'd ever touch Kumar Rocker either.
Speaking of him I was wondering what had happened to him. In a nutshell appears the Mets were right about him. After he didn't sign w/ them because he wouldn't undergo a medical exam and after his douchebag agent Scott Boras said "he requires no medical attention", he had surgery in Sept after being drafted in July. He made no appearances in 2021 season.

2022 he was drafted by the Rangers and just worked out at their training facility during the season. He pitched in Fall Ball league in AZ and went 2-1 w/ 4.5 ERA.

2023 he made 6 starts and was 2-2 w/ ERA of 3.86 He was pulled out in May to have Tommy John surgery.

Don't want to wish bad on anybody but karma is a be-otch sometimes. He may come back and be great but its not trending that way.

Reactions: Ghostman and patdog

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Speaking of him I was wondering what had happened to him. In a nutshell appears the Mets were right about him. After he didn't sign w/ them because he wouldn't undergo a medical exam and after his douchebag agent Scott Boras said "he requires no medical attention", he had surgery in Sept after being drafted in July. He made no appearances in 2021 season.

2022 he was drafted by the Rangers and just worked out at their training facility during the season. He pitched in Fall Ball league in AZ and went 2-1 w/ 4.5 ERA.

2023 he made 6 starts and was 2-2 w/ ERA of 3.86 He was pulled out in May to have Tommy John surgery.

Don't want to wish bad on anybody but karma is a be-otch sometimes. He may come back and be great but its not trending that way.
That's what I was talking about skenes pitching so much so hard. He could have a similar story

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

The SEC has been the most dominant football conference for 30+ years. 2nd place ain’t even close or important. Any metric shows this. Championships, NFL draft picks, NFL first round draft picks, and so forth.

And the crazy thing is that football is only the SEC’s 3rd most dominant sport. Their dominance there pales in comparison to what they’ve done in baseball and softball.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
If you aren't stating in the top half you might as well not even try. The standard shouldn't be regionals. It should be Omaha. The fact that it's always an sec team in the finals last 10 years that should be the goal.
Last year, Ole Miss was the 8-9th best team in the conference and had a losing conference record.

Reactions: She Mate Me

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
The SEC has been the most dominant football conference for 30+ years. 2nd place ain’t even close or important. Any metric shows this. Championships, NFL draft picks, NFL first round draft picks, and so forth.

And the crazy thing is that football is only the SEC’s 3rd most dominant sport. Their dominance there pales in comparison to what they’ve done in baseball and softball.
Adding Oklahoma makes the SEC far and beyond the most dominant in softball

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
WF’s 3rd baseman has GOT to start hitting the ball. He k’ed last night his last 2 at bats , looking both times! Once on 3 pitches.
He has not been good.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
WF’s 3rd baseman has GOT to start hitting the ball. He k’ed last night his last 2 at bats , looking both times! Once on 3 pitches.
He has not been good.
Yeah, those were tough at-bats and those strike three's were borderline (at best). Which, honestly, the strike zone for the entire CWS has been wildly variable from pitch to pitch and at-bat to at-bat... and not specific to any single umpire, pitcher, or team.

Still, I've always had the theory that if there are two strikes, you have to expand your personal strike zone a little bit and swing at anything close.

CapitalCityTiger21

Jul 26, 2022
'LSU is really not that good" We're one of three teams left in the CWS. You didn't make the post season. Geaux cry

Reactions: MisledAlarm92

CapitalCityTiger21

Jul 26, 2022
Can you believe our poverty bullpen has been lights against TN and WF? Maybe LSU actually does have a good pitching staff outside of Skenes?

Reactions: MisledAlarm92
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login