Wake me if you've seen this movie before

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Or if you happened to see a few weeks ago against LSU. We play surprisingly well in a loss in a game against a highly ranked team where we given little shot of winning so we are led to think that our performance bodes well for more winnable games the rest of the season.

Only problem? Have we ever built on a "good loss"?

I know we're probably supposed to be happily disappointed in this loss. Upset to have lost but encouraged by the overall level of play. I am and I'm not. It sucks to lose a game that was sitting there for us to take it, but I see nothing to encouraged about. Mainly because our history shows nothing positive from this game will translate to any other game.

I, along with many others here, have been around for far too many "inspirational losses".

Admittedly, I got sucked in with the Fortune pick and started to think just maybe. But there's always that...one thing. An unforced fumble. A holding call to absolutely kill a very good drive.

Oh well, Whatever the narrative is, this is just "moral victory" 287 in our team's history.

(Yes, my kids finished playing with bubbles and I was compelled by the score to turn the game on for the second half"

SouthernBelly

Sep 16, 2024
Only saw part of the 4th, just began watching on the drive when they got to 27. Sitting in a room with the family and a couple of friends, while there was a pause before the TD on 3rd and 10; I said Bama will score a TD within two plays, only took one. Then told them I’ve seen this game before. All the drama that followed meant nothing and even the most hopeful among us, if they’re honest and realistic, knew it was over as soon as the Tide got that final 7 points.

You’re absolutely right, we’ve seen it before. I figured today Alabama would be Alabama again, guessing they weren’t, but it also didn’t matter. I would like to think it’s nice that losing close means something better than getting blown out as I was expecting. And maybe for the moment it does, but for the program as a whole there’s no reason to think so.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Only saw part of the 4th, just began watching on the drive when they got to 27. Sitting in a room with the family and a couple of friends, while there was a pause before the TD on 3rd and 10; I said Bama will score a TD within two plays, only took one. Then told them I’ve seen this game before. All the drama that followed meant nothing and even the most hopeful among us, if they’re honest and realistic, knew it was over as soon as the Tide got that final 7 points.

You’re absolutely right, we’ve seen it before. I figured today Alabama would be Alabama again, guessing they weren’t, but it also didn’t matter. I would like to think it’s nice that losing close means something better than getting blown out as I was expecting. And maybe for the moment it does, but for the program as a whole there’s no reason to think so.
Yep.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
😊 its a really good movie…..until the end 😞 the director really needs to fix the final scene

We can be entertaining. Sometimes in a good way. Usually in a painful way.

Games like this are just a stark reminder that we’re never getting over the hump.

Oct 8, 2022
We can be entertaining. Sometimes in a good way. Usually in a painful way.

Games like this are just a stark reminder that we’re never getting over the hump.
We are an incredibly entertaining team for fans wanting to watch a game involving 2 teams they dont care about. We gonna do some amazing stuff and some train wreck stuff. Im sure non SEC fans enjoyed the hell out of us vs LSU and Bama haha

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
We are an incredibly entertaining team for fans wanting to watch a game involving 2 teams they dont care about. We gonna do some amazing stuff and some train wreck stuff. Im sure non SEC fans enjoyed the hell out of us vs LSU and Bama haha
And some of those fans are recruits. I'm pretty sure more than a few eyebrows have been raised. LSU, Bama, really Ole Miss for most of the game. Lane wanted to run it up but couldn't. Point being: we're at the halfway point. The wheels might come off or we may just start winning.

It will be one or the other, IMHO. We're at that point in year 4. Time will tell. We are obviously very, very, close. I hate, hate, hate to do it.....but we could just as easily be 5-1 right now. - it is what it is.. frustrating

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login