Wake up! It’s signing day!

patdog

May 28, 2007
Man, with the two signing periods and transfer portal, signing day has really lost its luster. I didn’t even realize it was signing day today. 7 years ago it felt like signing day was a 5 day stress ordeal
Now, every day can be signing day. Just what we needed.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
limp bizkit GIF

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Man, with the two signing periods and transfer portal, signing day has really lost its luster. I didn’t even realize it was signing day today. 7 years ago it felt like signing day was a 5 day stress ordeal
This seems like a good thing. We'll still check it, but no sitting around hanging onto it.

The old way seemed way too much of a 'concentrated' circus around a few months for a 17/18 year old. At least now the circus is spread out over 3-4 years.

Reactions: dgsmith15

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
he's a big get for them. he has the potential to be just as good as judkins. allegedly, they gave him $200 K to sign. he was committed to Michigan State until earlier this week, and OM came in with a ridiculous offer. Michigan State boards are pretty torn up and pissed over it, and basically saying what we say, when it comes to NIL. Can't compete with big money.
Maybe Michigan State shouldn’t have given their coach a 10 year $95 million contract after one good year if they were so worried about money

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
me neither. i was listening to talk radio and they mentioned it. i used to be worthless on signing day, never getting anything accomplished. now, 30 minutes, and im over it.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Thoughts?

I think this is just about the dumbest thing I've ever seen, and I don't know how being turned into a cartoon football hero would impress anyone with an IQ above 79.

Unfortunately what I think doesn't matter one little bit, and I am guessing the object of their desire, OM's newest golden calf, absolutely loves their worship. Which I imagine means we'll see more of it, much to my chagrin.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It’s not like The Arch Manning signing at Texas. There was still a lot of people in the Ole Miss fanbase hoping for a last minute change of heart
You should have been there for the Peyton meltdown. It was way before message boards, but it was glorious. You would have thought some of them had lost their own child. Still remember a co-worker almost crying, "How could Archie have let him sign with Tennesse after all those things they said about him?"

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We’ve had an emphasis on defensive recruiting for about 120 years now, give or take. This isn’t new.
Last few years a lot of athletes that we have signed that would have ended up on defense ended up at receiver. We've put a lot more emphasis on signing a bunch of receivers which is understandable for the offense we have been running. I bet arnett will want to go after a few more studs on defense rather than a receiver

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
You should have been there for the Peyton meltdown. It was way before message boards, but it was glorious. You would have thought some of them had lost their own child. Still remember a co-worker almost crying, "How could Archie have let him sign with Tennesse after all those things they said about him?"
Pretty sure Archie got death threats over all of that.. Crazy *** lunatics..

Reactions: WilCoDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login