Walker Howard to Ole Miss

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
They can pile up a bunch of backups. Howard was told Dart is headed to the draft next year.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Dart's not very good. I think Kiffin's looking to replace him.
You think so? Walker couldn't break into the 2 deep at LSU and they see him in practice every day.

Dart can't transfer again (without sitting out) until he is considered a grad transfer.

patdog

May 28, 2007
You think so? Walker couldn't break into the 2 deep at LSU and they see him in practice every day.

Dart can't transfer again (without sitting out) until he is considered a grad transfer.
He was a true freshman and is supposed to be some hot shot recruit. But who knows if he's any good or not? Maybe Kiffin is just bringing him in for the future since he didn't sign a HS QB.

Tomas Smid

May 4, 2010
Dart is the only scholarship qb on the roster. Bringing in a five star as a back up or perhaps starter is not a bad plan. Essentially he will take the place of Reed who signed with Texas A&M.

Now, the real question is whether they get Sanders, a senior out of Oklahoma State. He is in the portal and yet to commit as far as I know. If he signs with Ole Miss, their quarterback room will be pretty salty. I really do not understand why Sanders would go there with Dart and Howard on board.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
He was a true freshman and is supposed to be some hot shot recruit. But who knows if he's any good or not? Maybe Kiffin is just bringing him in for the future since he didn't sign a HS QB.

Its not a bad idea. Get your QB depth from the portal. Make them burn their one get out of jail free card to come to your school, so you can be sure they will stick around.

Also, it doesn’t seem he had any serious interest as a starter, thus he ended up with the next best thing - a school with an established starter but no depth behind him.

Jun 9, 2015
I would be surprised if Spencer Sanders doesn’t end up with Rev. Hugh now. We hated to lose him from Stillwater. He’s got talent. He just had no supporting cast this year.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Its not a bad idea. Get your QB depth from the portal. Make them burn their one get out of jail free card to come to your school, so you can be sure they will stick around.

Also, it doesn’t seem he had any serious interest as a starter, thus he ended up with the next best thing - a school with an established starter but no depth behind him.
Mike Detillier, on Bo Bounds' show, said Walker is expecting to be a starter in 2023, if he supplants Dart, that could negatively impact team chemistry for them.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I've watched a decent amount of film on Howard.

I do not understand the hype. If he had played at Pontotoc without an overrated LSU QB for a dad, he might be a 3 star.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Dart's not very good. I think Kiffin's looking to replace him.
Yeah that's not true. Dart is their unquestioned starter.

Howard will start next year (as in 2024) He knows he won't start over Nussmeier at LSU in 2024.

Last edited:

DogStuckAtUM

Aug 5, 2021
I'm still waiting on our backup JUCO transfer QB. I just heard from Paul that a highly rated QB wouldn't transfer in where there's an entrenched starter, but what do I know...

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Yeah that's not true. Dart is their unquestioned starter.

Howard will start next year (as in 2024) He knows he won't start over Nussmeier at LSU in 2024.
Concur Dart is good, but I don't know if he'll be good enough to be drafted in 2024. I'm assuming Lane gave assurances that Walker would at least be the starter in 2024 (although Detillier says Walker wants to start this year). That could cause an issue if Dart wants to come back in 2024.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
He is not coming in to sit behind Dart for two years. He is coming in to sit behind Spencer Sanders for one year. Dart is likely leaving Ole Miss.

Unless Dart is injured or something else we aren’t aware of, they are screwing him. He has already used his free transfer. He will have to sit a year somewhere else unless he gets an unlikely waiver. I don’t know if it will, but it should hurt their reputation in the transfer portal.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
He is not coming in to sit behind Dart for two years. He is coming in to sit behind Spencer Sanders for one year. Dart is likely leaving Ole Miss.

Unless Dart is injured or something else we aren’t aware of, they are screwing him. He has already used his free transfer. He will have to sit a year somewhere else unless he gets an unlikely waiver. I don’t know if it will, but it should hurt their reputation in the transfer portal.
That dude ain't going to Ole Miss. I thought the smart money was on Auburn.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
That dude ain't going to Ole Miss. I thought the smart money was on Auburn.
It makes more sense for the LSU transfer to come in if he thinks he is sitting behind Sanders. If he thinks he is sitting behind Dart, he could be sitting until 2025. That’s why he is leaving LSU.

ETA: I guess they could be screwing the LSU transfer if they lied to him about Dart to get him to come to Ole Miss.

Last edited:

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Is a grad transfer in addition to the one free transfer?
The grad transfer rule is separate from the one-get-out-of-jail-free card. So if he graduates, he could transfer without sitting. He could lawyer up and apply for a waiver if he doesn’t graduate.

Last edited:

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012

He has already used his free transfer. He will have to sit a year somewhere else unless he gets an unlikely waiver.
Does the NCAA really care or enforce the free 1 time transfer rule?
JT Daniels transferred to Rice. He's played for USC, GA, and West Virginia and has played every season.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
They just screwed themselves with the QB in next year's class, Walker White from Arkansas. He'll never sign there now. IMO, he has far better skills and upside than Howard. Typical OM. Got to have good optics and short sightedness. Be damned substance

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006

To be fair, Nussmeier had one of, if not THE best half against UGA in the last two years. Based on that game, several current SEC starters would not make LSU’s two deep either.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login