Wall Street Journal Wrecks Mississippi

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
This "big switch" theory that democrats came up with to divorce themselves from their history is not reflected in actual history. It's a low IQ take that is rooted in dishonesty and believed only by people too stupid to know better.

The south was voting democrat until very recently relatively. It's already been demonstrated that MS has only had 4 republican govs. The US house was dem controlled for decades until 1994. Texas had a dem governor until dubya.
The point is the old MS Dixiecrats are now Republicans. They damn sure aren’t still Democrats. I doubt there’s a single Democrat at this function:

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I don't see why not. They'll just keep going farther out. People aren't commuting as much, you have electric cars now, maybe driverless coming soon (who really knows). Outer ring towns will keep growing.
Again, there’s no way people paying what they are here will take such a hit to eventually cause prices to become reasonable. Traffic is already awful everywhere (not ATL bad though) and the infrastructure isn’t keeping pace. These people will have to go somewhere else. But you know better of what’s going on here obviously.

Reactions: BirdPuppy

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Murfreesboro is booming for exactly this reason.
With ridiculous lack on infrastructure. It won’t last long unless they do something drastic. When a man can go to the Antioch Wal-Mart and home in less time than the WM that is just a few miles from his house in the Boro, there’s a problem.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
The point is the old MS Dixiecrats are now Republicans. They damn sure aren’t still Democrats. I doubt there’s a single Democrat at this function:

And the point is no they aren't. The old Dixiecrats are dead and they died as democrats. Robert Byrd never changed parties and served into the 2000s. Southern democrats didn't become republicans in the 70s and then put Carter and Clinton in the White House or kept sending democrats to Washington and the governors mansions. They were still democrats and they still voted democrat. To deny this is to completely ignore history.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
This "big switch" theory that democrats came up with to divorce themselves from their history is not reflected in actual history. It's a low IQ take that is rooted in dishonesty and believed only by people too stupid to know better.

The south was voting democrat until very recently relatively. It's already been demonstrated that MS has only had 4 republican govs. The US house was dem controlled for decades until 1994. Texas had a dem governor until dubya.
Exactly. To think white racist Democrats changed to the Republican Party who was pushing for civil rights instead of staying with the party fighting against that issue is asinine. But that logic does fit well with what I’ve seen from them.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
And the point is no they aren't. The old Dixiecrats are dead and they died as democrats. Robert Byrd never changed parties and served into the 2000s. Southern democrats didn't become republicans in the 70s and then put Carter and Clinton in the White House or kept sending democrats to Washington and the governors mansions. They were still democrats and they still voted democrat. To deny this is to completely ignore history.
Ok. Our discussion is at an impasse so I’m done. Best to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login