Walter Nolen

Taz_Man

Nov 9, 2017
Walter Nolen just committed to the bad guys. They are all in on improving their D.

Last edited:

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I don’t see confirmation of Nolan to Them , where are you seeing this ?

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Mississippi will be a playoff team next year. We better get our **** together yesterday if we don’t want to be left far behind them for years. This is as critical time for Mississippi State football as we’ve seen in a long long time.
If they do sign Nolan (no reports they have), they will be loaded for bear on defense and return everybody on offense plus Juice Wells and a few other pieces. I agree, it’s a bad time for out program to be in a shambles.

Their schedule is pretty easy and set up for a playoff run as well. I think Kiffin is going all in for a big year and then he leaves for his dream job of Florida, Bama, wherever.

Reactions: DawgsNCowboys87

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Our defensive hires may turn out great but they won't be drawing big time recruits this signing period.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
3 out of the top 4 Ms HS DL plus Nolen they are gonna have a great D for the next few years. Add in Kiffin and that offense its gonna be tough to turn the tables on them. No worries tho cause we are gonna snag a couple of juco guys to even it out

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I have been told it's a warm place (inside the rebels). I hope they don't get him. Oregon or Washington sounds like a really good place for him to play

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
Hard to believe but OM is more or less cherry picking the portal right now...picked up DE Baron from TN who is said to have had real interest from GA, TX and AL, also picked up 2nd player from TN DB McDonald. Just an incredible amout of money flowing through the Grove Collective....

OM really wants Anthony Maddox and his two younger brothers, a JR in HS and an 8th grader both DL, OM has offerred all three.

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
Mississippi will be a playoff team next year. We better get our **** together yesterday if we don’t want to be left far behind them for years. This is as critical time for Mississippi State football as we’ve seen in a long long time.
Think this is exactly right and said so in a post a couple of days ago--you guys have got to go all out with whatever funds you can muster right now.

Reactions: patdog

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
We are sticking our toe in NIL. You have to start throwing around 17u money if you want to land one of these top-flight guys.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
this has not been a secret....they are all in for 24.....program building is out....its every year start over....Kiffin gets it....I think Lebby does too, but he started late this year....his time will come...
It’s not every year start over, ole miss is returning their offense and adding difference makers on defense. they are hardly starting from ground zero. you better have a war chest $$$ if you want rebuild from ground zero, even then it’s going to take more than one year.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Lebby and company better be damn good at developing players because from a pure talent standpoint they're pulling away from us.
How is signing a player for a year, pulling away from a talent standpoint? It's a one year program there. Their schedule is easy and they might not lose more than one game. The SEC screwed us with scheduling this coming year.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Pulling away is going to the playoffs vs not making a bowl game 2 years in a row

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
3 out of the top 4 Ms HS DL plus Nolen they are gonna have a great D for the next few years. Add in Kiffin and that offense its gonna be tough to turn the tables on them. No worries tho cause we are gonna snag a couple of juco guys to even it out
Just wait until they all enter the portal when Kiffen leaves after next year.

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
Have heard that should Lane leave anytime soon next guy up is Golding.
Pete can recruit his side of the ball and he can pay whatever for a top OC.

Looks like your HS class will finish in the 20s nationally....Hill, Jayden Lewis, Stonka and maybe Dowdell would be strong.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Ole Miss picked the right coach.
More like we are on our fifth head coach since 2017. Leach dying set us back. Spent three years recruiting for an offense that went away overnight. How do build in roads to high schools going through coaches like that. I don't even think we have a full staff yet. It is going to be a bad year.

Trazom

Mar 26, 2023
Maybe, and good for them, but by 2030, Mississippi State University is going to be a national powerhouse. I’m not talking about football or whatnot, because who knows what’s going to happen with NIL and ”the portal”, but State is silently making major gains academically that will translate to sports and beyond. There is an enrollment cliff coming in 2028 for all colleges that is going to suck for a lot of schools. MSU is ready for that. You are going to be even more proud of State in a few years.

Last edited:

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Ole miss has had three easy seasons in a row. Next is not too difficult either. That don't make them good. Hell, they only score 17 points on us. We sucked and had interim head coach. Outside of OU, LSU and GA they really don't play anyone good. It they lose those three they will not be a playoff team.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
true detective time GIF

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
You’re not on your own forums? Yeah, right. Keep pretending to be aloof. You couldn’t be more transparent.
Pretending to know where I spend time on the web is so incredibly juvenile. If you have some criticism of my opinions then articulate your position. This FU stuff and "couldn't be more transparent" are profoundly ignorant.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Nolan was recruited by us and OM when he was a sophomore at Olive Branch. He is an absolute beast. If OM does indeed get him, then they have made huge strides along their defensive front. That would mean they have ended up with the top lineman in the nation when he played at Powell, TN. And they have the top DL in MS this year. Sounds like they may be about ready to stop BAMA's and UGA's running game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login