Walter Nolen

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Ole miss has had three easy seasons in a row. Next is not too difficult either. That don't make them good. Hell, they only score 17 points on us. We sucked and had interim head coach. Outside of OU, LSU and GA they really don't play anyone good. It they lose those three they will not be a playoff team.
I think they'll win one of those games for sure and maybe two.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Nolan was recruited by us and OM when he was a sophomore at Olive Branch. He is an absolute beast. If OM does indeed get him, then they have made huge strides along their defensive front. That would mean they have ended up with the top lineman in the nation when he played at Powell, TN. And they have the top DL in MS this year. Sounds like they may be about ready to stop BAMA's and UGA's running game.
Just taking off my maroon glasses again…and I will get bashed for this but I personally find it hard to hate Lane and is drive.

OM happens to have one of the better on the field offensive minds in the nation, along with a coach that refuses to give in to the basic cigar approach. He’s brash as 17 and a future NFL coach. Dude was born to coach football. I think people discount all of his good because of how he wins. Fact being, players love him and other coaches can’t figure him out. A recipe for success, as long as cigs get out of his way.

In saying that, I hope he leaves OM sooner than later but unfortunately, I see his next stop being back on the West coast with an NFL team.

Meanwhile, we have a younger version of Lane, who leaned a lot from him personally, I’m sure…and I hope he follows his teachings as Lane was able to learn as he progressed through ups and downs.

Instead of pointing fingers and being jelly, I’ve come to a realization of appreciating what Lane has brought to this new era of football…his situation mirrors ours…and he’s laid out the path for success in our similar landscapes.

The Leb hire was very smart along several key areas of this new era….even if we don’t keep him long, he will lay the ground as to which our type of program must follow to succeed in this landscape.

So, as we progress though the Leb era, keep in mind that his background was laid by one of the better coaches in college football, who happens to coach that gdam school up north. Be appreciative to both and enjoy our current situation with knowing, it will only get better as Leb goes.

Here’s to hoping we can keep a fresh mind and intact coaching staff longer than 4 years in a row,

Cheers,

Lettuce

Reactions: Mud84 and msugolf

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Claiming either state or ole Miss are “pulling away” is like claiming democrats or republicans are going to win all the elections everywhere. Ebbs and flows. State will be fine.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard claims of Johnny Reb putting us on the ropes and taking the next step. That may or not be true this time but I wouldn’t bet on it.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Maybe, and good for them, but by 2030, Mississippi State University is going to be a national powerhouse. I’m not talking about football or whatnot, because who knows what’s going to happen with NIL and ”the portal”, but State is silently making major gains academically that will translate to sports and beyond. There is an enrollment cliff coming in 2028 for all colleges that is going to suck for a lot of schools. MSU is ready for that. You are going to be even more proud of State in a few years.
What’s this so called enrollment cliff about?

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
Think this is exactly right and said so in a post a couple of days ago--you guys have got to go all out with whatever funds you can muster right now.Pretending to know where I spend time on the web is so incredibly juvenile. If you have some criticism of my opinions then articulate your position. This FU stuff and "couldn't be more transparent" are profoundly ignorant.
Your opinions are biased with a condescending tone. If Ole Miss was having an average season, you wouldn’t be over here giving your opinion. I bet you’re wearing your red polo tucked into your pleated jeans with braided belt, argyle socks, and penny loafers right now thinking about how important you and your opinions are, and for some reason think State fans give a damn about them.

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
Maybe, and good for them, but by 2030, Mississippi State University is going to be a national powerhouse. I’m not talking about football or whatnot, because who knows what’s going to happen with NIL and ”the portal”, but State is silently making major gains academically that will translate to sports and beyond. There is an enrollment cliff coming in 2028 for all colleges that is going to suck for a lot of schools. MSU is ready for that. You are going to be even more proud of State in a few years.
Why is a cliff coming? And how is MSU prepared for it?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
What’s this so called enrollment cliff about?
The birth rate in the US declined about 16 years ago and on top of that, fewer people 18-24 are attending college. The working theory is that these factors will cause college enrollment to drop sharply within the next few years.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Claiming either state or ole Miss are “pulling away” is like claiming democrats or republicans are going to win all the elections everywhere. Ebbs and flows. State will be fine.
Kind of like our baseball program “pulled away” in ‘21. [/FAAAAARRRRRRRRT].

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
Pretending to know where I spend time on the web is so incredibly juvenile. If you have some criticism of my opinions then articulate your position. This FU stuff and "couldn't be more transparent" are profoundly ignorant.
Then be so bold as to use your real name in your profile.

It's easy to be a turd when you do it anonymously.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
Your opinions are biased with a condescending tone. If Ole Miss was having an average season, you wouldn’t be over here giving your opinion. I bet you’re wearing your red polo tucked into your pleated jeans with braided belt, argyle socks, and penny loafers right now thinking about how important you and your opinions are, and for some reason think State fans give a damn about them.
adults use facts, not insults, to support their claims.

Reactions: Anon1667393966

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
My tone? My biased opinions? My you have an EGO...why would I care one****about your opinion of my 'tone.'
If you have an argument to make use facts. Your use of insults reflects your false sense of entitlement as well as your stupendous lack of sophistication.

Reactions: Anon1667393966

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
How is signing a player for a year, pulling away from a talent standpoint? It's a one year program there. Their schedule is easy and they might not lose more than one game. The SEC screwed us with scheduling this coming year.
How is it a one year program that returns their whole offense, including QB and RB in their 3rd year? I don’t know why everyone acts like it’s a swinging door in Oxford. Not all transfers have 1 year of eligibility. Not to mention that they are also recruiting HS players at a high level. So adding transfers isn’t coming at a cost to them.

civildawg88

Aug 22, 2012
Just picked up the best portal WR in juice wells also. They are all in and on another level right now

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
It's not just one player. . . . .
Who said it was? They're signing a bunch of guys for one year. They're burning all their money on one season. I don't blame them either. But overall, they aren't building a huge talent gap overall. Just for next year's all.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Who said it was? They're signing a bunch of guys for one year. They're burning all their money on one season. I don't blame them either. But overall, they aren't building a huge talent gap overall. Just for next year's all.
Uh, you did..........You said, and I quote, "How is signing A player for a year, pulling away from a talent standpoint".

Bottom line is they're pulling more and better players from the portal than we are and it's happening every year and will continue to do as long as Kiffen is there. It sucks donkey balls but it's the cold, hard truth.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Uh, you did..........You said, and I quote, "How is signing A player for a year, pulling away from a talent standpoint".

Bottom line is they're pulling more and better players from the portal than we are and it's happening every year and will continue to do as long as Kiffen is there. It sucks donkey balls but it's the cold, hard truth.
They're signing guys for one year. You misunderstood my post. Signing one year players isn't going to give them some big advantage overall. They're a playoff team next year with that schedule. Their HS recruiting isn't special. Let them keep blowing money. If they don't win big, it's a waste. When that schedule rolls up after next season, things even out even more.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
No. He'd be out suing something.

patdog

May 28, 2007
How is it a one year program that returns their whole offense, including QB and RB in their 3rd year? I don’t know why everyone acts like it’s a swinging door in Oxford. Not all transfers have 1 year of eligibility. Not to mention that they are also recruiting HS players at a high level. So adding transfers isn’t coming at a cost to them.
They are freaking killing us with the new rules. Give them credit. They figured out how to play it and are all in. We’re way behind.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
The birth rate in the US declined about 16 years ago and on top of that, fewer people 18-24 are attending college. The working theory is that these factors will cause college enrollment to drop sharply within the next few years.
Let’s say this theory is correct, what puts MSU ahead of their peers come 2030?

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Right now, at least for next year, I would put OM only behind AL, GA and maybe TX in the SEC. I'm not surprised they are beating us so badly on portal players but what I am surprised at is them beating pretty much everyone else in the SEC as well. Buying players has always been a favorite pasttime in Oxford but they have really taken it to another level now that its legal.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Right now, at least for next year, I would put OM only behind AL, GA and maybe TX in the SEC. I'm not surprised they are beating us so badly on portal players but what I am surprised at is them beating pretty much everyone else in the SEC as well. Buying players has always been a favorite pasttime in Oxford but they have really taken it to another level now that its legal.
What’s happening is Mississippi was ahead of almost everyone in realizing how to work the new landscape of recruiting, both HS and transfer. Over time, the true blue bloods will eclipse what they are doing. But for now, they’re on the cutting edge. And they’ll win a lot of games the next couple of years.

Reactions: Msdeltareb

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
And when you win a lot of games and go to high profile bowl games its a lot of easier to convince better players to come to your school. And when you get better players its easier to win a lot of games and go to the playoffs and then it's a lot easier....well some of you get it. It's a cycle that we threw in the garbage last year. We screwed the pooch and that is why we are stealing juco guys from South Alabama and they are signing big time prospects. They have got it rolling up there.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
And when you win a lot of games and go to high profile bowl games its a lot of easier to convince better players to come to your school. And when you get better players its easier to win a lot of games and go to the playoffs and then it's a lot easier....well some of you get it. It's a cycle that we threw in the garbage last year. We screwed the pooch and that is why we are stealing juco guys from South Alabama and they are signing big time prospects. They have got it rolling up there.
Spot on. We should of embraced Leach, what he built and his legacy. what we have now is a rusted out beater sitting up on cinder blocks. Arnett and his brain trust made the program a loser and a laughing stock. Very hard sell.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
It almost looks like the IHL stepped in and said the only way for the State of Mississippi to compete in the SEC and thus on a National level is for there to be only ONE successful Football program. So they encouraged the hiring of Arnett and his Clown Show along with all those no talent Mississippi HS coaches to sabotage State!

Almost.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

patdog

May 28, 2007
It almost looks like the IHL stepped in and said the only way for the State of Mississippi to compete in the SEC and thus on a National level is for there to be only ONE successful Football program. So they encouraged the hiring of Arnett and his Clown Show along with all those no talent Mississippi HS coaches to sabotage State!

Almost.
IHL had nothing to do with this. Actually, historically, both MSU and UM have either sucked together or been good together more often than one been successful while the other sucked.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard claims of Johnny Reb putting us on the ropes and taking the next step. That may or not be true this time but I wouldn’t bet on it.
Same for us. We had them buried after Nutt and couldn't finish them off(in fairness they cheated their arses off under Reverend Hugh), and also after the Freezus scandal and Fat Luke. They looked to have us dead in the water at the end of Jackie and beginning of Croom, then Eli left, they ran off Cut, and hired Eddie O. Also, had us buried after finishing as the hottest team in college football at the end of 08 then getting ranked #4 in the nation in 09. Thank God for Mullen, and by the end of the year we'd whipped that *** and started to pass them. No one would've thought anything like that after the end of 08 going into the 09 season. No doubt in my mind they'll do something to frick this up.

bannerdawg

Aug 15, 2013
Same for us. We had them buried after Nutt and couldn't finish them off(in fairness they cheated their arses off under Reverend Hugh), and also after the Freezus scandal and Fat Luke. They looked to have us dead in the water at the end of Jackie and beginning of Croom, then Eli left, they ran off Cut, and hired Eddie O. Also, had us buried after finishing as the hottest team in college football at the end of 08 then getting ranked #4 in the nation in 09. Thank God for Mullen, and by the end of the year we'd whipped that *** and started to pass them. No one would've thought anything like that after the end of 08 going into the 09 season. No doubt in my mind they'll do something to frick this up.
Good point! I’ll save my money, and hope for the best.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Would you rather beat Ole Miss 3 straight times with 6-6 or 7-5 State seasons or lose 3 straight to Ole Miss but finish 10-2 every one of those years going forward.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Would you rather beat Ole Miss 3 straight times with 6-6 or 7-5 State seasons or lose 3 straight to Ole Miss but finish 10-2 every one of those years going forward.
I would be ok with losing to OM, but winning a national title.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login