War Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
To be honest

I’m gonna be as diplomatic as I can be here. Have you heard our president speak over the last several months? Nothing I’ve heard from him would lead me to believe that he is ahead of literally anything. Now if you want to attribute something to his staff, fine. But he has not projected strength or competence at any point. I’m hopeful that he (or his staff) can steer us through this unscathed but man I haven’t seen anything that leads me to believe he can.

I haven't been thrilled with the strength or confidence portrayed by POTUS over the past 5 years.

I can spot a small miserable man who overcompensates by pretending he's tough when it's obvious he's weak, sensitive, and can't take criticism or feedback. I can also spot a bumbling aging statesman 2 decades past his prime who needs to hang it up.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Yes and no

Here’s my analysis. We better get our minds right and focus on what is important. 1. Increasing our access to oil/energy 2. Build up our military 3. Cut off all transactions with Russia 4. Dramatically decrease our reliance on China.

The asinine concern over who’s a boy and who’s a girl, who uses what bathroom, masks save lives ******** needs to stop. Covid, at this point, is a cold, and the propaganda associated with it has caused major damage to our nation that was much stronger 2 years ago.

Evil exists in the world and it doesn’t give a 17 about our social justice issues.

1. of course. Oil AND energy. The best most appropriate approach wins out over time.
2. don't need to if we get #1
3. yep in current climate
4. yep in current climate

All that other stuff is a you problem. Turn off the TV/Twitter and stop letting the social grievances piss you off. Live your life - it's fine. Others will live theirs. It's up to you to not let them bother you.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
You're 99.9% correct. Putin's Russia is bad. Putin is bad. Not sure what the percentages are, but a whole lot of people in Russia are prisoners of Putin... Even if they walk around free. Some younger people that have pro democratic/capitalist values and want to become more like the west. But everyone our age (Gen X and older) probably has a lot of nostalgia about the old days.

I'm sure communism sucked, but the Soviet Union was powerful even if poor. You have to imagine many of those Russians have a similar feeling as many white southerners did 30 years after the Civil War. Losing sucks in sports, imagine losing your country?

Anyhow, these are the heartstrings Putin pulls on. Add on top he's a murderer of political opponents and journalists who speak out. He's already conducted 3 land grabs before this one. He has funneled hundreds of billions of dollars into his own pockets and those oligarch cronies. He has conducted numerous election hacks on us (if nothing else, we should know after the last 6 weeks that our Russian spy network knows their ****.) And he's a stone cold liar. He gave a one hour speech about how Ukraine belongs to Russia. The day before saying he was going to invade Ukraine to protect Russia a week after he said he was pulling all his troops out.

And does anyone remember this doozy? In 2018 he gave a presentation that showed his new, undetectable nukes, raining down on Florida.. To a rousing applause. Looks like Tampa Bay to be precise.

View attachment 23972

17 Vladimir Putin. He got punked by a neophite politician (Gen Xer by the way) that stood his ground under the threat of almost certain death while Putin's evil chicken **** *** sits 40' away from his dinner guests. Zelensky is becoming a modern day Braveheart character.... Just by not being a puss.

The entire western world would welcome Russia into our society with a few caveats. Free and fair elections. A free media instead of state run propaganda. And Putin's head on a pike. The last caveat is only about a week old, but that's on Putin.

Last edited:

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
There is at least one poster in the thread that knows I'm no liberal or a Democrat. He, on another board, has called me a Nazi or the like many times. That being said, the time to fix blame ain't here yet. There is PLENTY to go around on all sides. Right now we have to get through the next few weeks and months without WWIII breaking out. We also have to do whatever we can to BEGIN (it will take years) to totally end any DEPENDENCE on Russia and China. The Germans have seen the light. Our Climate Warriors have to as well. Above all we HAVE to tone down the infighting and discord here at home. Quiet and reasoned debate is fine. What we have been doing for the last 20+ years is not. We are in a war right now. I pray it stays a cold one for us. We HAVE to unite to get through it. Like it or not Biden is the guy in the chair. We also have to focus on the big stuff and forget for a while the little stuff.

Last edited:

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
1. of course. Oil AND energy. The best most appropriate approach wins out over time.
2. don't need to if we get #1
3. yep in current climate
4. yep in current climate

All that other stuff is a you problem. Turn off the TV/Twitter and stop letting the social grievances piss you off. Live your life - it's fine. Others will live theirs. It's up to you to not let them bother you.
COVID killed a long term employee of mine less than a month ago. It's still not a cold no matter how much we would all like for it to be. Things are definately better but we still need to keep it in mind.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
You completely glossed over the section where the Clinton campaign employed Ukraine to lend credibility to a Russian collusion accusation. And Ukraine bought into it hook, line and sinker because they wagered Hillary would win and that their loyalty would curry favor with the US. And when she didn't, they found themselves in no-mans land. Then the corruption investigations heated up and enter a Ukrainian energy company covering its bets by hiring the son of an American politician. No wonder Trump wants to see how far that corruption goes if it involves the opposition party. So what happens instead? We see a president get impeached for trying to figure out what the US Govt has been doing there these last 10 years.

So I'd say Trump never "extorted Ukraine for military aid" insomuch as he was trying to get Ukraine to cooperate with investigations into corruption which BEGAN with the Clinton campaign (actually with the Obama presidency installing a US friendly government).

Did the Clintons run that op out of Comet Pizza's basement?

But to set the record straight, Trump was impeached not just for corruptly breaking the law, but for digging in afterwards and insisting he'd do it again. You just can't hold up Congressionally directed funds for something you personally want, especially if it politically benefits you. That's BLATANTLY illegal and corrupt. ******** justifications like "fighting corruption" don't excuse it in the slightest. Now if he would admit it was wrong for him to do it, didnt realize it, blame his inexperience, and pledge to follow the law going forward, he'd have been fine. But he wouldn't. Any Congressman who didn't vote to impeach violated their oath and betrayed their country. It's sad to see what his supporters clearly think of their country when they defend it. It's no surprise that Jan 6th followed that. Worse is coming.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
You're 99.9% correct. Putin's Russia is bad. Putin is bad. Not sure what the percentages are, but a whole lot of people in Russia are prisoners of Putin... Even if they walk around free. Some younger people that have pro democratic/capitalist values and want to become more like the west. But everyone our age (Gen X and older) probably has a lot of nostalgia about the old days.

I'm sure communism sucked, but the Soviet Union was powerful even if poor. You have to imagine many of those Russians have a similar feeling as many white southerners did 30 years after the Civil War. Losing sucks in sports, imagine losing your country?

Anyhow, these are the heartstrings Putin pulls on. Add on top he's a murderer of political opponents and journalists who speak out. He's already conducted 3 land grabs before this one. He has funneled hundreds of billions of dollars into his own pockets and those oligarch cronies. He has conducted numerous election hacks on us (if nothing else, we should know after the last 6 weeks that our Russian spy network knows their ****.) And he's a stone cold liar. He gave a one hour speech about how Ukraine belongs to Russia. The day before saying he was going to invade Ukraine to protect Russia a week after he said he was pulling all his troops out.

And does anyone remember this doozy? In 2018 he gave a presentation that showed his new, undetectable nukes, raining down on Florida.. To a rousing applause. Looks like Tampa Bay to be precise.

View attachment 23972

17 Vladimir Putin. He got punked by a neophite politician (Gen Xer by the way) that stood his ground under the threat of almost certain death while Putin's evil chicken **** *** sits 40' away from his dinner guests. Zelensky is becoming a modern day Braveheart character.... Just by not being a puss.

The entire western world would welcome Russia into our society with a few caveats. Free and fair elections. A free media instead of state run propaganda. And Putin's head on a pike. The last caveat is only about a week old, but that's on Putin.

The thing that is really scary to the historian in me is that his justification of this is STRAIGHT out of Hitler. He ain't even trying to hide it.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
There is at least one poster in the thread that knows I'm no liberal or a Democrat. He, on another board, has called me a Nazi or the like many times. That being said, the time to fix blame ain't here yet. There is PLENTY to go around on all sides. Right now we have to get through the next few weeks and months without WWIII breaking out. We also have to do whatever we can to BEGIN (it will take years) to totally end any DEPENDENCE on Russia and China. The Germans have seen the light. Our Climate Warriors have to as well. Above all we HAVE to tone down the infighting and discord here at home. Quiet and reasoned debate is fine. What we have been doing for the last 20+ years is not. We are in a war right now. I pray it stays a cold one for us. We HAVE to unite to get through it. Like it or not Biden is the guy in the chair. We also have to focus on the big stuff and forget for a while the little stuff.

I think you're referring to me, and I called you an authoritarian, not a Nazi.

But anyway, there's a rot in our political system, and people on the left like me can't fix it. It will have to come from people like you. But you're not interested. Too hard to admit to mistakes and blind spots I guess.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
I think you're referring to me, and I called you an authoritarian, not a Nazi.

But anyway, there's a rot in our political system, and people on the left like me can't fix it. It will have to come from people like you. But you're not interested. Too hard to admit to mistakes and blind spots I guess.

Ok boomer. I'll admit it, the right need a lot of change. The thing is it has to come from both sides or it will never happen. The extremists are in control of the narrative on both sides. We HAVE to get past this crap.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

Less than 1 year ago, a boy wearing a skirt went into the girls restroom at a high school less than 10 miles from my house and sexually assaulted a girl in the restroom.

The "gender identity" policies of my county school board and local high schools facilitated this attack.

I point this out just to demonstrate that sometimes maybe we should be bothered by certain social grievances and get involved.

Peace.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I have a grievance with assault

Less than 1 year ago, a boy wearing a skirt went into the girls restroom at a high school less than 10 miles from my house and sexually assaulted a girl in the restroom.

The "gender identity" policies of my county school board and local high schools facilitated this attack.

I point this out just to demonstrate that sometimes maybe we should be bothered by certain social grievances and get involved.

Peace.

If the skirt is what kicks it up a notch for you, then yeah, that's still a you problem. Assault is assault regardless if the perp is wearing a skirt or whatever fits your definition of masculine.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I have a pretty good idea that neither Trump nor Biden are as completely bad as CNN or Fox News make them out to be on a daily basis. I'm pretty certain Trump is an idiot who panders to the extreme of his party and Biden is the weakest President ever led around by the nose by the extreme of his party. Unfortunately we really can't do anything to convince either extreme of the left or right to stop their daily fear mongering of the American People

The one thing I am certain of is that the Clintons are crooked and it hasn't got anything to do with pizzas. They've rolled over people for years.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
Ok boomer. I'll admit it, the right need a lot of change. The thing is it has to come from both sides or it will never happen. The extremists are in control of the narrative on both sides. We HAVE to get past this crap.

There you go again, refusing to rise to the moment. The left ain't perfect, like any political movement ever. But it doesn't have a deep rot within. That problem is solely on the right. And I see you still refuse to address it. "Both sides", good lord. Might as well say good people on both sides. You are much more like Trump than you think.

"The extremists are in control of the narrative" about a Party run by Joe Biden and Joe Manchin! Wow. The rot will win out as long as there are people like you. Take your bow shs, you are as responsible as anyone for the current state of the Republican Party. It didn't happen in spite of people like you, it happened because of people like you. And it won't change until you change.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
There you go again, refusing to rise to the moment. The left ain't perfect, like any political movement ever. But it doesn't have a deep rot within. That problem is solely on the right. And I see you still refuse to address it. "Both sides", good lord. Might as well say good people on both sides. You are much more like Trump than you think.

"The extremists are in control of the narrative" about a Party run by Joe Biden and Joe Manchin! Wow. The rot will win out as long as there are people like you. Take your bow shs, you are as responsible as anyone for the current state of the Republican Party. It didn't happen in spite of people like you, it happened because of people like you. And it won't change until you change.

"We're kinda bad but ya'll are worser!" "If you can't agree you're obviously a Trumper!"

Really?

If you don't believe the rot runs deep on both sides you're a fool. A misled fool but a fool. Washington has been like this for a long time it's just that the extremists of those parties never controlled the message like they do today. Left or Right extremes love the way people can't be civil with each other and discuss issues for a resolution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login