Warning: Women’s Volleyball Thread

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Nebraska’s women’s volleyball team played a game in the football stadium in front of 92,000 people. Crazy.

I hope our football team never gets so bad that all of our fans turn to volleyball**

that’s pretty cool. The atmosphere for some of those big 10 volleyball games is impressive.

Reactions: Mjoelner and Dawgg

99jc

Jul 31, 2008
Nebraska count cornfields or go to volleyball hmmmm quite the decision!

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Fwiw, googling Wisconsin women’s volleyball leads to some interesting content too

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Fun fact: I was at Mississippi State’s most attended volleyball game a few years ago. Our number is slightly less impressive. Still a fun time though!
B699B647-00DC-4CCF-9968-F2880DB66A88.jpeg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Its really cool that the first match of the day was 2 D2 colleges in Nebraska. Its sort of like the basketball game MSU played against Drake last year in Lincoln- they had a smaller college from NE play too.
Neat for exposure and support- giving a couple smaller schools some visibility. They played in front of more people during the early game than they will see at any other match in their 4 years of college.
Nebraska Kearney and Wayne State College players will remember this for years.

UNL knows its volleyball- it isnt just a bunch of randos cheering on a team they dont know in a sport they dont understand. The loyalty is strong for that program and its really cool they got to do something so unique last night.
I would love to see UNL vs UWM volleyball in an indoor football stadium matchup. Make the match a neutral court and sell it out. Good for the game, good for the programs, good for the conference.

Reactions: Dawgg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login