Was Jerrell Powe scammed?

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
The comments coming out of Wayne County from people who claim to know the "kidnapping victim" are pointing towards a very different narrative than what the media is reporting. I have no idea if this is true.

Apparently, the guy they "kidnapped" and drove to Jackson is a known scammer from Wayne County and has already scammed numerous people in that area. The story is that Jerrell entered into a business deal with the scammer and once he finally found out he was being had, he called the scammer to confront him. The scammer then said he would return the money to Powe, but they would have to drive to Jackson to get the money out of the bank. The scammer, doing what scammers do, found a sinister way out of the situation by claiming that Powe and the other guy held him against his will and forced him to go into the bank to withdraw cash.

As crazy as that sounds, it sounds more plausible than a guy like Jerrell Powe kidnapping someone for money. If this is true, I hate that his name is being forced through the mud but be careful who you invest with. After looking at the fraudsters website, Powe should have known he was fake.

patdog

May 28, 2007
That actually does make more sense than the kidnapping story. Whatever happened, hopefully the truth will come out.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
The comments coming out of Wayne County from people who claim to know the "kidnapping victim" are pointing towards a very different narrative than what the media is reporting. I have no idea if this is true.

Apparently, the guy they "kidnapped" and drove to Jackson is a known scammer from Wayne County and has already scammed numerous people in that area. The story is that Jerrell entered into a business deal with the scammer and once he finally found out he was being had, he called the scammer to confront him. The scammer then said he would return the money to Powe, but they would have to drive to Jackson to get the money out of the bank. The scammer, doing what scammers do, found a sinister way out of the situation by claiming that Powe and the other guy held him against his will and forced him to go into the bank to withdraw cash.

As crazy as that sounds, it sounds more plausible than a guy like Jerrell Powe kidnapping someone for money. If this is true, I hate that his name is being forced through the mud but be careful who you invest with. After looking at the fraudsters website, Powe should have known he was fake.
I hope that is it and I hope it all comes out to clear his name.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

The county attorney in Madison County was interviewed last night. His comments suggest that there is sufficient evidence to support the kidnapping charge. Will the DA get a conviction? We shall see. I predict a plea deal that results in no jail time (because the "victim" is a piece of s h i t).

Motodawg

Apr 19, 2018
The county attorney in Madison County was interviewed last night. His comments suggest that there is sufficient evidence to support the kidnapping charge. Will the DA get a conviction? We shall see. I predict a plea deal that results in no jail time (because the "victim" is a piece of s h i t).
They said on the news, this morning, that there was sufficient evidence. DA said the kidnapping lasted (i think) 24 hours and started the day before. My initial reaction when i heard the story was that drugs were involved. The only way any of this makes any sense is if they guy owed them money and they took him to get it.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Certainly sucks if that is the case, but if it is the case, it should be easy to prove. At a very minimum it would be hard to prove guilty of kidnapping beyond a shadow of doubt.

But the old adage always applies. IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016

I've never been a scammer so I don't have real knowledge of how scammer think. But, if I were picking someone to scam, former college lineman would not be high on my list of people to make enemies with.

patdog

May 28, 2007
They said on the news, this morning, that there was sufficient evidence. DA said the kidnapping lasted (i think) 24 hours and started the day before. My initial reaction when i heard the story was that drugs were involved. The only way any of this makes any sense is if they guy owed them money and they took him to get it.
Reading between the lines, sounds like the guy owed them money (maybe for drugs), and they took matters into their own hands and held him until he paid them. He told them he could get the money at Chase so they all drove up to Ridgeland. If that's what happened, Powe is probably screwed.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Play with snakes, you eventually get bit. That's the moral of the story.

I think we can say with 80.17% accuracy that Powe was doing shizz he shouldn't have been doing, whatever it actually was.

Reactions: patdog

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
If you change one element to my original story it becomes a kidnapping case. If Powe found out he was being had, and confronted the scammer to take his money back by force. Then the drive to Jackson is a different story. Even if the other guy was a piece of **** and scamming Powe, you still can't take back your money or property by force.

It almost reminds me of the OJ Simpson robbery trial in LV.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
If you change one element to my original story it becomes a kidnapping case. If Powe found out he was being had, and confronted the scammer to take his money back by force. Then the drive to Jackson is a different story. Even if the other guy was a piece of **** and scamming Powe, you still can't take back your money or property by force.

It almost reminds me of the OJ Simpson robbery trial in LV.
I initially was reminded about the OJ thing too. Powe may have been getting scammed, and his anger and aggression toward getting his money back can even be justified, but going to the level he went to do it is a problem.

Reactions: ServiceDogg

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Sounds like Powe was getting scammed and decided on a little "street justice" to get his money back and got scammed again. Don't 17 with pros. Especially if you have trouble reading contracts.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I just want to know. Is Powe 350 or 375? He looks closer to 400 and I am not even joking.

Ghostman

Apr 12, 2021

That sounds very similar to what somebody from Waynesboro told me. He said the word around Waynesboro was that the guy owed Jerrell and the other fella money and they had gone to get it. He told them that they had to ride to Jackson to get it and then he tricked them once they got there. Who knows what part of that is true?

"Stupid is as stupid does." - Forrest Gump

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login